Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Brodie Kemp still can’t get a game at the Blues, now is the time to get him across. They have a few out and still can’t get in. Hopefully can make him into a midfielder or on a wing.
I'm also very intrigued by Kemp. In particular, I'm intrigued by his potential as a tall wing. One thing we've always lacked is a true utility player, and Kemp seems to be that player. In addition, he's out of contract at the end of next season. Hopefully, Mark can make a trade occur between both sides, and we see him wearing a Hawthorn guernsey in 2023.

I'm also very intrigued by Kemp. In particular, I'm intrigued by his potential as a tall wing. One thing we've always lacked is a true utility player, and Kemp seems to be that player. In addition, he's out of contract at the end of next season. Hopefully, Mark can make a trade occur between both sides, and we see him wearing a Hawthorn guernsey in 2023.
Nash? Kemp can't even get a game let alone and idea about him being a jack of trades.

I would love everybody's thoughts on Toby McLean. I think he is the perfect fit for us. He's an Unrestricted Free Agent as well which makes it even sweeter. He is 26 so really fits our age profile, I think he's a real need for us. The Bulldogs have just resigned so many players and he remains unsigned. I really feel we need to make a hard play for him. Can play Fwd and can also play Mid exactly the player we should be looking at.
I understand, We have held long term interest.

With rumours increasing that Clarkson ends up at north - does that increase risk Gunston walks? If I recall he was unhappy with way Clarkson was treated at the time.
If north picked up Gunston, shiels and howe for free as FAs that would be a big win for them. And we’d get nothing if get Amon as a FA.

With rumours increasing that Clarkson ends up at north - does that increase risk Gunston walks?
I don't think any Hawk would be leaving unless they had no contract offering from the HFC.

With rumours increasing that Clarkson ends up at north - does that increase risk Gunston walks? If I recall he was unhappy with way Clarkson was treated at the time.
If north picked up Gunston, shiels and howe for free as FAs that would be a big win for them. And we’d get nothing if get Amon as a FA.
Gunston probably would have asked for a trade if he was that upset about the clarko ending..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good as he is, Amon alone isn’t enough. The lack of quality midfielders and the lack of midfield rotations is a concern. Given the amount of cap space, I find it strange that Hawthorn aren’t being linked to Acres or McLean. They’re both free agents, around the same age and draft as Amon and would cost less salary.

As good as he is, getting Amon alone isn’t enough. The lack of quality midfielders and the lack of midfield rotations is a concern. Given the amount of cap space, I find it strange that Hawthorn aren’t being linked to Acres or McLean. They’re both free agents, around the same age and draft as Amon.
It's a start though.
Amon provides an extra runner. Currently all we have on the outside is morrison

As good as he is, Amon alone isn’t enough. The lack of quality midfielders and the lack of midfield rotations is a concern. Given the amount of cap space, I find it strange that Hawthorn aren’t being linked to Acres or McLean. They’re both free agents, around the same age and draft as Amon and would cost less salary.
Not sure Amons the answer to anything. His kicking is terrible.

We'll add Amon, Pick 4-5 and have some organic growth from Newk, Ward, Butler and MacDonald.

That may yet prove to be a more than capable group in another 25+ games.

Amon will provide a good option on the outside. Just need to work out a way to get the ball to him. He’s done his best work with Boak and Wines getting him the ball.

Watched him turn it over, put it out on the full. A 26 year old on 650k that needs to work on his disposal isn’t turning much around.
He's elte for effective kicks, at 9.9 a game. Elite for total kicks and above average for effective disposals.
His kicking efficiency is 63.3%, which may or may not have been a consequence of playing more inside, but to say his kicking is terrible is factually wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back