Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Your avatar is triggering me.
Snl Bag GIF by Saturday Night Live

Switch to the James Hird one?

Listening to the suns say they need value back in a trade next year would suggest at worst a hawks or Roos second rounder but would need to be the cats first based on assumed ladder. Not sure the cats can do that and land Bruhn and Henry

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cats can do anything with Stephen wells.. That bloke alone is worth more than our whole footy department!

Hoping cats land all their targets bar one surely if Bruhn, Henry and Conor McKenna come in they can’t offer senior opportunities to bowes. Add to that they only clear the $50 a year Selwood was on from their cap…
Plus the $25 they were paying to house of lentils

What would Caleb Serong be worth in a trade if we tried to get him to the club would he be worth the same as what Carlton used on Cerra last year.

Just thinking would Caleb be a better pick up then the number 7 pick in the draft if we got that off GC.

So we would add to our midfield

Caleb Serong
Bowes
Amon
Number 6 pick

Freo have Serong pegged as their next captain.

Pick 7 wouldn't get close mate. I feel he's probably out of sight in WA for most, but he's a star 🌟.

Best on ground in his first final against the Dogs too. We need to find our own 1/2 combo like Brayshaw and Serong. Exceptionally well rounded midfielders with 200+ games left together.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has this been reported somewhere?
I read in one of the innumerable Hawthorn innerwebz places..I forget where...

Maybe random...maybe organised...

"Upcoming AFL coach seeks disgraced former AFL coach for casual catch-up. Discretion assured"

In my opinion based on what’s been reported this would be an ideal outcome for us in this trade period:

Titch + pick 24 for Coll pick 16 + Future 3rd round. We pay what is needed of Titch contract next year to get deal done.

Bowes + pick 7 for our Future 2nd

Gunston and our Future 4th for Bris future 3rd

Meek for our 3rd round pick this year.

From a draft perspective we have 6,7 and 16 this year for Clarke, Mackenzie and Jefferson. Our 4th round this year can be for a mature ager 3rd tall forward

Next year have 1st round and 3 3rd round picks for McCabe points. Then trade in future 1st 2024 into this draft 2023 for 2 picks inside 30.

This should satisfy the goal of 10 top 30 picks over 3 drafts.

In my opinion based on what’s been reported this would be an ideal outcome for us in this trade period:
Titch + pick 24 for Coll pick 16 + Future 3rd round. We pay what is needed of Titch contract next year to get deal done.

From a draft perspective we have 6,7 and 16 this year for Clarke, Mackenzie and Jefferson. Our 4th round this year can be for a mature ager 3rd tall forward

Next year have 1st round and 3 3rd round picks for McCabe points. Then trade in future 1st 2024 into this draft 2023 for 2 picks inside 30.

Would much rather Caleb Poulter* than Collingwood's F3rd as part of this deal, even if it cost us a little of Mitchell's salary in 2023.

*Poulter was discussed in here a few days ago, I have no other mail on that.

Last edited:

Would prefer Poulter.

if we get to have this “problem”, I now believe we will attempt another upgrade and take Sheezel, although personally I would take the players you have recommended. I agree we need 10 quality players over the next three Drafts.

Would prefer Poulter.

if we get to have this “problem”, I now believe we will attempt another upgrade and take Sheezel, although personally I would take the players you have recommended. I agree we need 10 quality players over the next three Drafts.
The future 3rd rounder from Collingwood rather than Poulter was more to do with points for McCabe and to have 4 picks in the 2023 draft.

I am sure at the start of last years trade/draft period Mark McKenzie said that our goal for Sam’s first 3 drafts 21,22 and 23 was 10 top 30 picks. Last year we got 3, in my hypothetical above I have 3 this year and then 4 next year

I like it overall, would be happy if it all happened. A couple of changes though that could also work.

As others have said, Poulter instead of Pies future 3rd is a possibility. There was a report that he toured Waverley a few days ago.

Bowes & 7 could get done for our future 3rd which would be cake, but I’d be happy using our F2 if it came to that.

Gunner trade could be him and our 3rd this year, for Lions future 2nd. They get Gunner and gain points this year so are more likely to do it. We gain a future 2nd, obviously better. Or if it’s for their F3, we give them our 4th this year.

Meek we use our F3, should be enough.

Would leave us with 6, 7, 16, 61 (will be lower once f/s bids are done) if not used in Gunner trade. Two great mids, I like Jefferson, and 61 for Lawrence. With also Amon, Bowes, and Poulter incoming.
Edit: changed coz I kept a pick I’d traded lol.
Next year we would have our 1st to use, and Lions 2nd to trade and get more lower points to go with our lower ones.

Last edited:
With Port missing out on Graham and MM cagey on Collingwood's interest, could the Power ask the question of Tom?

Probably not super ideal for us as I don't think they'd let Pick 8 go no matter how much salary we pay, although if they gave us Pick 27 and paid the salary themselves which let us add extra money to a front-loaded deal for Bowes that simply out-priced other teams and forced his hand into choosing us and bringing Pick 7 with him I would be happy.

6, 7, 24, 27, Bowes, Amon in, Gunston, Mitchell + retirees/delistings out.

Would Bowes turn down a 4 year deal structured 1mil, 900, 500, 300? He's already reportedly owed 1.7 over the next 2, so it'd effectively be offering 2 x 500 on top of that but paying ahead so we have room in 2-3 years to target guns and pay our rising stars. Before anyone cracks it at how much he gets first up, the players will know/understand we're effectively paying for his last 2 years at GC to get Pick 7 from them as opposed to simply deciding to pay him more than them.

With Port missing out on Graham and MM cagey on Collingwood's interest, could the Power ask the question of Tom?

Probably not super ideal for us as I don't think they'd let Pick 8 go no matter how much salary we pay, although if they gave us Pick 27 and paid the salary themselves which let us add extra money to a front-loaded deal for Bowes that simply out-priced other teams and forced his hand into choosing us and bringing Pick 7 with him I would be happy.

6, 7, 24, 27, Bowes, Amon in, Gunston, Mitchell + retirees/delistings out.

Would Bowes turn down a 4 year deal structured 1mil, 900, 500, 300? He's already reportedly owed 1.7 over the next 2, so it'd effectively be offering 2 x 500 on top of that but paying ahead so we have room in 2-3 years to target guns and pay our rising stars. Before anyone cracks it at how much he gets first up, the players will know/understand we're effectively paying for his last 2 years at GC to get Pick 7 from them as opposed to simply deciding to pay him more than them.
Tom would have to agree, I’ve seen a few statements that he doesn’t want to leave Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back