Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Amon's a seriously good get. Every other club would snap him up if they had a chance too . Its a very underated get from the club .

Meeks no star but gives us a developed ruck who can step straight in .
Keep in mind the games we played with no ruck last year.
Some people werent happy we didnt get ladhams last year and were calling it a 'great' get by the Swans ....Meek is our Ladhams this year with the guy being a total half back Fl@nker of a guy .

Have we shot the lights out no but its not underwhelming .
We could look back in 2-3 years and nailed the draft picks
Another high pick would be great though

It's fine, it's ok. But have we really fast- tracked the rebuild by aggressively increasing our draft hand the past three years? No.

Just shows how much went our way with priority picks and trades (Hay, Thompson, Rawlings) last time we were at this position (haven't won a final since 2015).

Personally I just can't help but feel how important it would be to have a draft where we can get 2/3 top ten picks at it... we know how that worked out last time.

Last edited:

Happy for freo to keep Meek.

Maybe we can swoop on Grundy and Bruhn, as current club trades have broken down.

Mitchell for Grundy
Future early second for Bruhn

Happy for freo to keep Meek.

Maybe we can swoop on Grundy and Bruhn, as current club trades have broken down.

Mitchell for Grundy
Future early second for Bruhn
I feel like Grundy gets done, the Dees list manager when he was interviewed a couple days ago said Grundy would be a Dee and they are working through that with Collginwood. Almost certain that one gets done.

Would rather have a look at Brayden Crossley, he's effort for Southport in all finals was definitely something all AFL players should try and achieve.
What, to replace Monkey on the snakes jar? He is nowhere near AFL fit and would need to lose 10kgs minimum

Although I do like the meat grinder type of ruckman as we are short on alphas in the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those saying about state league rucks, Harry Boyd for Norwood won the Norm Smith equivalent in the SANFL. Tapped it to the guy that kicked the winning goal in the last 30secs of the GF too.

For those saying about state league rucks, Harry Boyd for Norwood won the Norm Smith equivalent in the SANFL. Tapped it to the guy that kicked the winning goal in the last 30secs of the GF too.
Oh yeah, and no one got close to him for hitouts

Screenshot_20221006_235159.jpg

With the Lions struggling to satisfy the Dogs for Dunkley, I wonder if there’s a way for us to capitalise on that. Would we be happy to give up pick 24 for Darcy Wilmot, and would Brisbane’s future 1st plus pick 24 be enough to satisfy the Dogs for Dunkley??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With the Lions struggling to satisfy the Dogs for Dunkley, I wonder if there’s a way for us to capitalise on that. Would we be happy to give up pick 24 for Darcy Wilmot, and would Brisbane’s future 1st plus pick 24 be enough to satisfy the Dogs for Dunkley??

They wouldn't deal Wilmot for that pick and also they already have 21 so can offer that with future 1st which is better anyway

They wouldn't deal Wilmot for that pick and also they already have 21 so can offer that with future 1st which is better anyway

But they need to hold all their picks for points.
I do agree though that pick 24 is prob unders for Darcy. They will need to give something up to get everything they want.

He's 198 way too short for a ruck in the AFL, hell people on this board think DGB is too short as KPD at 196cm.

But we have to trade him for a pick in the 30’s because the 4 times he doesn’t hit a target out of the 40 times he gets it is the reason we’re not winning games 🤣
I think him floating across the hbf asking for short kick when he isnt the bloke you want trying to hit the 45 inside the corridor is a significant reason as to why we arent winning games. not the 7 15 meter kicks he hits out on a wing

Oh yeah, and no one got close to him for hitouts

View attachment 1528839
Kieran Strachan is an interesting name, Al though I’m sure we would’ve heard his name raised if he was likely to move. I’ve seen a heap of Crows supporters that rate him higher than ROB and think he should be their no.1 ruck. They were adamant he’d be poached through the off season.

Because we really need another back flanker! 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back