Autopsy Hawthorn v Collingwood - Practice match - Thursday 2nd March, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm somewhat perplexed at the thought of booing Tom Mitchell. He gave great service to our club, wasn't ever going to feature in our next Premiership side, so it was mutually beneficial for both parties to seek a trade.
Personally I wish him well at Collingwood, same with Jaeger at Freo. They never did anything wrong by us, & both should be respected for their contributions to the club.
Agreed. If they went to Geelong or the Scum it would have been fair game to boo them though

Unlucky players missing out?

You didn’t see last week?

Hahaha, unfortunately mate I watched all 8 quarters(?).

I thought players like Hustwaite, O'Sullivan and Brockman all looked good, but couldn't find a space for them in my 23, especially with Mackenzie and Breust coming back in.

Butler v Brockman will be an interesting one, not sure there's room for both when Wingard/Breust/Moore/MacDonald are all fit and Greene a necessity with Lewis out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think two rucks is a bit of an unaffordable luxury against Collingwood, get the time into Reeves with support from Kosi (if he plays) and Nash (ditto).

Work hard on getting the ball to the outside and run it in rather than plonking it on Kosi's head time after time - it's not his forte.

Like to see Husthwaite and O'Sullivan play to see what they can bring to the fire. Bennets and Weddell also.

Still only a practise match, and if we are practising losing, I'd like to see some more of what is in the cupboard

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a shame Stephen's missed last week with concussion because it would have been good to see how he went in Geelong. If he played well it could have meant another game against the Pies. Now I feel he will be overlooked for Worpel/Nash and will need to find his way into the team via the VFL

Can someone please explain what Sam Mitchell sees in Conor Nash??

These Irish experiments rarely work.

Shocked he got a contract extension.

Rather see guys like Stephens, Mackenzie, Maginness etc given more time to develop

Yep, fractured his shoulder Round 1 and required a full shoulder surgery, yet played through an entire season, 2nd B&F while playing injured and not missing a game.
Played an entire season with a fractured shoulder you reckon?

Rather see guys like Stephens, Mackenzie, Maginness etc given more time to develop
This is a pretty bad take, consider how young out lost is and how much Nash has shown as an inside mid.

Perhaps deliberately baiting for response from a particular poster?

For someone that’s only played a season of afl level midfield in his entire life I’d say his better then what was expected, by a very very long way. (Plus he was forced to play ruck)

Watch him closely in the proper games, quick clean hands, does a lot of defensive work and is a team player, he will hurt some people this year to.

So for a 24 year old he still has a lot of improvement left in him for his and the teams sake he is going well.

(Maybe keep him away from the set shots tho) kick has dramatically improved to.

Agreed. If they went to Geelong or the Scum it would have been fair game to boo them though
Exactly ! , that's why I didn't mind supporters booing Isaac Smith at the time. It just felt wrong that he would leave to join Geeelong .
I'm still not sure why the media couldn't understand it at the time

Exactly ! , that's why I didn't mind supporters booing Isaac Smith at the time. It just felt wrong that he would leave to join Geeelong .
I'm still not sure why the media couldn't understand it at the time

Because he was a 3 time premiership hero that served us brilliantly. One that wanted to move on to extend his career, move away from the city, and have another chance at success. He was completely vindicated.

Why would he turn down that move because some nobodies in the stand would get upset?

If he had stayed he'd have been toiling away at the bottom end of the ladder and then, most likely, would have been shipped off anyway once Mitchell took over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back