Autopsy Hinkleys hobos vs the oldest team in the universe

Remove this Banner Ad

Also hearing Jonas went into the Geelong rooms and joined them for the song. Tried his best and set up at least 4 goals for them.

Too many toe pokers. Motlop, Marshall, Rozee, Houston, DBJ. Probably more. Go in for the ball.

Houston has settled as an average HBF. Loves putting the ball out of bounds and slow brain.

Jones has no idea but I like watching him run into people. Leave him in till Kens gone I guess.

Rozee wont make it anywhere but half back. Imagine having him in a centre bounce against Gawn/Oliver/Pretracca/etc. No chance.

Wines back to an average player. Not focusing on his strengths.

Loving Farrells return. Jonas was good apart from the end.

That really was a complete capitulation in the second half. That's either a lack of confidence, a lack of fitness or a lack of interest. Any one of those should result in some heads rolling, but it'll be "gee it's hard to win down here" and swept under the carpet.

That bloody carpet has so much deposited under it it's a wonder anyone can open the doors. Club needs Bissell as a sponsor...

Stick a fork in it

season done now, not up to it, midfield is ordinary

get some games into a couple of the kids, trade out some players gets some decent picks

spend the next 3 months seeking out our next coach

im done with this bloke, same shit over and over again.

its ****ing heartbreaking barracking for this mob at the moment.

Paul Keating once was asked what he thought of Kim Beazley, and he said he's a trier.

That's what we are - triers.

Never going to win the big one under the Hinkley game plan and group of players that are triers.

Last edited:
Typical Port Adelaide loss under Hinkley. When you think in a big game we win this and something may happen for our season that happens. It isn't a shock, nor a surprise. The only reason it wasn't a 10 plus goal loss was Geelong didn't take their chances in the first quarter.

No point banging on about it in the Hinkley thread or anywhere, the club isn't changing anything anytime soon so I'm just moving on with my life like I do after most games. Haven't really given a shit this year since we were 0-5 and got fed the eternal optimist lines the club trots out. Expect more of the same this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we were a chance today
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

We are simply soft and massively over-coached.

Players know that unless you're one of the last picked each week you don't have to 'go when it's your turn', and we've seen this happen time and time again for years on end. Some of the half-assed efforts today were embarrassing.

How anyone thinks this is the Port Adelaide Football Club of days gone continually amazes me. We're front running squibs - period.

And what's more infurating is that with a half-decent coach we'd be a pretty good side, maybe even better than that.

But our coach is a dud. Always has been. Always will be.

We train religiously a 'method' to play and when that method isn't availaible half of them have no idea what they are doing or are meant to do. And once again when all the signs were ominous ken didn't bother trying anything until there was about 10 mins left in the game.

It's Hinkley who is the coward. Most likely because just like our President he hides behind stability and regularity as a cover for a lack of knowing what to do.

However, without the removal of Koch we are just going to keep meandering along doing the same over and over again. Perspective is all but lost as we'll make excuses for the bad games and dine out when we beat bottom sides. Hell, even the media happily play the tune Koch wants without hardly a question ever asked.

Koch is the cancer. He has been for many years now. A man that hasn't the faintest idea about footy but likes to portray an image of being a supreme leader who knows more than you do.

Even this week he made reference to how proud he was that the Club stuck to it's guns and boy he was proud of the resurgence!

Perspective David you ****ing moron!

Embarrassing. I've used that word way to much of late to describe whatever it is that takes the field as the PAFC.

I didn’t think even Port supporters could blame the umps for that.
23-20 free kicks for a team that won contested possession by about 30,
is a very small discrepancy.
However, bearing that in mind and in a game where the scoring shots were
27 to12, ah yes, it’s the umpires fault 🤔🤡😂🤫
thats why you are a dumbshit. even after you get done over you still dont observe it. you are a total dumbshit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back