Bumped Holden Possibly Cancelling Their Sponsorship - but have now decided not to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do.. or do not.

But don't bleat about it for free exposure you holdencrites!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-stick-with-collingwood-20160711-gq357i.html

Holden are sticking with Collingwood despite the Eddie McGuire "drowning" controversy, but have re-directed their funding with a greater focus on women's football, and community initiatives.

Under the newly-shaped agreement, more than half of Holden's money directed to the club will be streamed to women's and community programs. Holden - already the naming rights sponsor of the Pies' Olympic Boulevard training headquarters - will become a major partner of the Pies' women's team in the national women's league that begins next year, while the club will work with domestic violence campaigner and former Australian of the Year Rosie Batty to raise awareness for domestic violence.

also up on afl website http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-11/holden-announce-sponsorship-restructure-with-pies

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the AFL revenue tax but wonder if the sponsorship being split b/w mens and womens teams would actually help CFC? Cudos to the pies and Holden if that is the case and to Holden generally for their approach on this one.
Presuming we would have found a sponsor for our womens team anyway , basically we did lose more than half of our men's team sponsorship.
And they call that sticking by? Lolz. Brilliant spin.

To be honest I'd rather we went out and found a less hypocritical sponsor.

Wesfarmers owns Hard Yakka now... Along with half of everything else. So I guess the Hard Yakka Centre won't be happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd hope most people could see straight through this cheap attention-seeking stunt.
You'd hope so but I doubt it somehow. They will probably get awards now for their social responsibility.

I noticed on Sunday night that Bounce on Fox Footy still has Holden as part of their logo. They don't seem to have a problem associating themselves with a show hosted by Danny Frawley who arguably played a worse role than Ed.

Sorry Jmac.....I was actually searching (not unlike Holden actually;)) for a certain type of response, the opposite to yours!
Seriously if a Car company that's sent jobs offshore wants cheap publicity based on Ed's feud with Caro, I'd rather we had Skoda as a car sponsor!

Sorry Jmac.....I was actually searching (not unlike Holden actually;)) for a certain type of response, the opposite to yours!
Seriously if a Car company that's sent jobs offshore wants cheap publicity based on Ed's feud with Caro, I'd rather we had Skoda as a car sponsor!

Going to repeat myself here, but what the hell.

GM cars were found to kill a hell of a lot of people due to a faulty ignition and the company execs weren't even "aware" of the problem until late in the piece. Like, 10 years too late. They were ordered to pay their victims over half a billion $US.

They also filed for bankruptcy in 2009.

They only exist because they are considered too big to fail. Otherwise the laws of the jungle would have swallowed that lion years ago.

To be honest I'd rather we went out and found a less hypocritical sponsor.

Wesfarmers owns Hard Yakka now... Along with half of everything else. So I guess the Hard Yakka Centre won't be happening.
Wesfarmers owns Bunnings.....they could always turn the HQ into a Bunnings Warehouse.

This isn't a bad outcome. We could have lost our sponsorship over this episode. And while Holden's tactics may be questionable, they 'didn't start this', as the school yard saying goes. If they have made mileage (terrible pun) out of it, who can blame them? They pay us a lot of money to have their name plastered over everything at the Holden Centre. Eddie gave them a free kick in the goal square in terms of media coverage, and they turned it to their advantage.

Also lets not forget where a large chunk of the money will now be spent. I'm ok with that.

This isn't a bad outcome. We could have lost our sponsorship over this episode. And while Holden's tactics may be questionable, they 'didn't start this', as the school yard saying goes. If they have made mileage (terrible pun) out of it, who can blame them? They pay us a lot of money to have their name plastered over everything at the Holden Centre. Eddie gave them a free kick in the goal square in terms of media coverage, and they turned it to their advantage.

Also lets not forget where a large chunk of the money will now be spent. I'm ok with that.

We could have lost our sponsorship over this witch hunt.

Fixed it for ya.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back