List Mgmt. Hopper vs Gibbs

Who would you rather the club get?

• Gibbs

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Hopper

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is Gibbs isn't playing like a player that wants out, the exact opposite actually. I like a punt and my money would be on him not seeking a trade to Adelaide come year's end.
Imagine how well he would play if he was happy!

From what I heard his partner was suffering from post natal depression, which isnt a rare event, many women do after giving birth, and wanted the family support around her in Adelaide. Now PND does pass as the child gets older and she only has to stick it out for 2 more years and she is home.
It was really poor form from Carlton to pay no care to their issues, especially in this enlightened day of mental health.
Word was that Bryce and his family were pissed big time at Carlton. This coming from Cornsie who is best mates with Bryces dad.
So it will be interesting to see if he asks for a trade again.
I guess that is the con associated with signing a long term contract. All things being said there were other options for Bryce and his family. Could always retire and move back. It all depends on how bad the situation is and where your priorities lie

I guess that is the con associated with signing a long term contract. All things being said there were other options for Bryce and his family. Could always retire and move back. It all depends on how bad the situation is and where your priorities lie

Cam McCarthy showed what happens. You sit out football for a year and then get where you want to go for cheap.

When talking firsts it would be more useful, and less dumb, to use likely pick values

Carlton wanted pick 15 & probably around 18 from us. He would still cost 18 this year and maybe change

Treloar went for pick 5 & 7 (also 2 firsts)

Hopper would likely cost something around 5 & 15

To get 5 we would be giving up a Lever or McGovern, and something to upgrade our first unless we really fall apart again

That's the sort of range we should be talking about things.

The reason Carlton fans don't think Josh Kelly is worth 2 firsts and Gibbs is, is because an Adelaide first is like a Carlton second

Given our age profile I would be less keen to give up a lever or McGovern in order to upgrade from Gibbs to Hopper

When talking firsts it would be more useful, and less dumb, to use likely pick values

Carlton wanted pick 15 & probably around 18 from us. He would still cost 18 this year and maybe change

To get 5 we would be giving up a Lever or McGovern, and something to upgrade our first unless we really fall apart again

The reason Carlton fans don't think Josh Kelly is worth 2 firsts and Gibbs is, is because an Adelaide first is like a Carlton second

Given our age profile I would be less keen to give up a lever or McGovern in order to upgrade from Gibbs to Hopper

Lever and Gov will only be going or upgraded if they are the instigators of the move

The thing with Gibbs is where are Adelaide going to sit in 4 years time he is a now player but we need now players

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carlton dont' think Kelly is worth 2 1sts and Gibbs is because they're one eyed nutjobs.

With Treloar, GWS gave back the Pies pick 28 & the Pies gave GWS pick 65.

There is a good chance the Blues will still want more for Gibbs than what GWS will demand for Hopper.

Don't recall the Cats giving up a Lever or McGovern type of player to land the brownlow medalist... so you can bring in quality with picks alone.

It also depends on where the league's and the media's priorities lie.

Watch the tidal wave of support in the press to get Ablett to Geelong for very little at the end of the year. Then watch the AFL allow it to happen.

Watch the tidal wave of support in the press to get Ablett to Geelong for very little at the end of the year. Then watch the AFL allow it to happen.
So true!

It was alao well done by the giants last year for holding McCarthy to his contract and all about how bad Brisbane were when Polec et al wanted to leave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't the question be,
Rockliff, Lever and McGovern And our 1st rounds in 2017/8
Gibbs, Lever and Mcgovern and No 1st picks.
Rocklift, Gibb and one of either Lever or McGovern and the lost of 2 x 1st round picks.
As we are better placed to get Rocklift than Gibbs.
And Hopper not coming to SA full stop.

Totally agree I would have given two firsts last year, Gibbs would be our best player this year based on his form thsi year and what he has been showing, this one could come back to bite us
I disagreed with paying 2 firsts last year, starting to think I was wrong
I am/was keen on getting Rockliff too

Shouldn't the question be,
Rockliff, Lever and McGovern And our 1st rounds in 2017/8
Gibbs, Lever and Mcgovern and No 1st picks.
Rocklift, Gibb and one of either Lever or McGovern and the lost of 2 x 1st round picks.
As we are better placed to get Rocklift than Gibbs.
And Hopper not coming to SA full stop.
Probably should be.
Of those options, I choose Rockliff, Lever, Gov and first rounders

Don't bet on it.
Only has about 5years left to win a Flag, Adelaide a good Choice, Plus reckon they have been in his ear since last year.

Like I said its not destination number one, Gibbs is clearly the best player since D jars that has wanted to come here where the club he was leaving didnt want to keep him

You can take a guess on if Rockliff wanted to or not wanted to come here but history tells you a lot in terms of percentages of probability

Like I said its not destination number one, Gibbs is clearly the best player since D jars that has wanted to come here where the club he was leaving didnt want to keep him

You can take a guess on if Rockliff wanted to or not wanted to come here but history tells you a lot in terms of percentages of probability

We did not have a chance on getting Gibbs last year even if we offered 2 x 1st the Price would have increased. Carlton Overpriced him from the start and was not interested in talking, One may go as far as to say that's is why Reid came out and mention it early to put Carlton under pressure.
and the same people that have some say in the matter are still there. Gibb will be hard to get unless Carlton has salary cap issues.
Also, it was Gibbs wife that wanted to return he is happy to stay. And Carlton has put in place a few thing to make it easier for his wife.
Rocklift was never leaving last year as well but was a bit piss about the rumours of some at Brisbane wanting him to go. His next move will be for Money and Sucess. Some are saying Sucess and Money in that order. Add Rocklift to our Midfield next year with the Improvements from Crouch x 2, Greenwood and a freed up Sloane, and we are a different team.

We did not have a chance on getting Gibbs last year even if we offered 2 x 1st the Price would have increased. Carlton Overpriced him from the start and was not interested in talking, One may go as far as to say that's is why Reid came out and mention it early to put Carlton under pressure.
and the same people that have some say in the matter are still there. Gibb will be hard to get unless Carlton has salary cap issues.
Also, it was Gibbs wife that wanted to return he is happy to stay. And Carlton has put in place a few thing to make it easier for his wife.
Rocklift was never leaving last year as well but was a bit piss about the rumours of some at Brisbane wanting him to go. His next move will be for Money and Sucess. Some are saying Sucess and Money in that order. Add Rocklift to our Midfield next year with the Improvements from Crouch x 2, Greenwood and a freed up Sloane, and we are a different team.

Would love Rockliff but would prefer Dusty, but they have to want to come here first and without any history of players not wanting to come here where their club didnt want to lose them, it just aint going to happen

Would love Rockliff but would prefer Dusty, but they have to want to come here first and without any history of players not wanting to come here where their club didnt want to lose them, it just aint going to happen
No doubt Dusty would be better, but with him not only would we have to satisfy him (and he would want more $$$ than Rocky imo), but we also have to satisfy Richmond as he is RFA

Back