• 5/10 - 50/50 chance

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • 4/10 - I think we will just lose

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3/10 - Richmond home ground and lots of fans

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 2/10 -We are no chance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10 - No point. When was the last time we won 3 finals in a row?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/10 - Sack our coach!!!

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The only way we'd lose is in a game like against Sydney. Mostly the better team, but not doing enough damage on the scoreboard.
I think if we play average and Richmond play well it will be less than 7 goals our way, but if Crows play well it will be a blowout. Richmond will have no answers, just like earlier in the season.

Stay strong. Be confident. Stand at traffic lights and in the shower with your feet apart and with an upright stance. Feel like there is a cord attached to the middle of your head pulling you upwards.
Seriously, the Crows stance at the national anthem mirrors what every professional actor and every experienced public speaker knows. If you stand that way it does two things. First, it builds inner self confidence--makes you feel strong. Second, anyone watching you feels that you are confident and strong. Whoever the physchologist was that recommended this, they know their job.
the stance does seem more about their own mindset rather than trying to intimidate an opposition. I forgot about the stance and the positive starts. Up to 7!

This is ours to lose and we only lose due to not being mentally prepared for the game, ie taking the opposition lightly and not being switched on. Which is what happened against Collingwood, Norf, Hawthorn and Melbourne. I tend to think their is a natural arrogance in our group to not respect lesser teams. I think Pyke has identified this and the psychology of "The Stance" is his way of rectifying it.

Fagan was on The Sunday Footy Show said the guys have been working all year on getting the right mindset and Tex was also reported on C10 before the GWS QF game saying "Mindfulness is our secret to September."

I keep going from nervous to confident of a result. But it doesn't really matter so long as the 22 that stand for the national anthem feel confident of a victory which I'm sure they will.

Stay strong. Be confident. Stand at traffic lights and in the shower with your feet apart and with an upright stance. Feel like there is a cord attached to the middle of your head pulling you upwards.
Seriously, the Crows stance at the national anthem mirrors what every professional actor and every experienced public speaker knows. If you stand that way it does two things. First, it builds inner self confidence--makes you feel strong. Second, anyone watching you feels that you are confident and strong. Whoever the physchologist was that recommended this, they know their job.
Mrs arrowman cares nothing for football and scoffs at footy talk.

But she does know her psych and motivation stuff.
She likes the stance.

I am not not not not not not not not not not not not confident of not not not not not not not winning

The stance is a well known physchological tool. It's suggested people use it before job interviews etc.

Your probably right, the Collingwood game was why i choose 3, but we were sort of 'on' for the second half.

The Collingwood game is actually something that will ease my fears if we fall behind. This group won't quit no matter the score. If they get off to a flyer I'm 100% we'll pull it back. If we do that to them however I don't have faith that they'll be able to come back.

The Collingwood game is actually something that will ease my fears if we fall behind. This group won't quit no matter the score. If they get off to a flyer I'm 100% we'll pull it back. If we do that to them however I don't have faith that they'll be able to come back.
And that's is why I picked 3. Still some feeling we could do it, but less likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do tell....references?

Try a basic internet search. Read about it ages ago. Has featured on a TV show I saw. Memory is going so can't recall but it pretty sure it's on the internet. It's nothing new. I think it's usually done in Superman style though which is slightly different but same goal.

On neutral ground and with fair umpiring, 8. At the G (-1) and with the biased umpiring (-1), 6. There are some good omens though. Our opponents have won the Brownlow and Coach of the Year, just like St Kilda in 1997.
Watching the two games last weekend - my hopes aren't high for the 'fair umpirinig'

Funnily enough it's the game for me this year when I really started to believe. That come back showed a grit I haven't seen in us for a long time, but one which is regularly seen in the top teams during their heyday.

6/10. More so us, but I'm not discounting us to choke or Richmond to outplay us.

It doesn't hurt to have talent either. ;)

Let's face it the Cleveland Browns could stand like that for a half hour before kickoff---not changing the fact they will lose. :)

Back