• F

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 28 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to say.
Have any of them been asked to explore other options yet? 😁

Bergman not keen on. But I felt the exact same way towards Duursma last year. Up and down my rankings, overall just a little uneasy about him. Needs to do more. If it clicks then we are in for an exciting player. Or we've just paid a first rounder for Aaron Young.

Georgiades I really like. Genuine high end talent. Over his injury, could be anything. We've been crying out for a genuine tall lead up forward since Cornes and now we finally have one. Very excited.

Williams. Well this is the pick of the crop for me. Genuinely ecstatic at this pick. Never thought he'd be available for us at the start of the year and here he is. Again it's boom/bust, but if he booms then he could be one of the best players out of this draft. Absolutely 100% worth the selection.

Mead is a good solid pick for what we gave up for him.

Overall a B for me.

What players would you have taken over Bergman

B + but could end up being an A +.
Have addressed our weakest link which is forward conversion, hopefully.
We could be playing some exciting and sexy footy over coming years.
I am very happy.
Adding to that having Morris to develop them.
Well done Port.
Great what we have done with next years picks too. Masterful.

OUT: Howard, Ryder, Broadbent, Sam Gray, Trengove, Frampton, Johnson, (Woodcock, Grundy), 2020 first round pick, 2020 fourth round pick

IN: Buzza, Bergman, Georgiades, Williams, Mead, Burgoyne, Fremantle 2020 second round pick, Collingwood 2020 second round pick, St Kilda 2020 fourth round pick

Gerogiades >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frampton
Bergman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sam Gray
Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Johnson
Mead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broadbent
Buzza <<< Howard
Burgoyne > Trengove

Port, Fremantle, Collingwood second round picks, Port third round pick, St Kilda fourth round pick >>>>>>>> Port first round pick, Port second round pick, Port third round pick, Port fourth round pick (in terms of matching bids)

It's an A+ from me overall.
To be fair everything we do is a A+ to you. Not saying you're wrong here though..

I have voted Jack Watts. Now, seriously, I would give us an 'A.' We had a strategy going to the draft and we fully executed it.

I don't trust anything coming from Koch, but he is into something when he said that we wanted our picks. If they weren't our first options, they were close to it. We got players we were expecting to pick.

Moreover, we are in position to pick the players we want to get next year as well. So, we have improved our position in this draft without compromising our next draft.

I can't judge our players evaluation. I don't know the guys we have picked nor the ones we haven't. I don't know if there were better strategies we could have followed. Still, judging by what seems to be that we wanted to do, our draft was flawless.

Last edited:
Gave us an A, mostly for Williams, the Mead positioning, and the trades.

We craftily picked up two second rounders for nothing. We got as close as we possibly could to the edge of the range for Mead (had pick 23, he gets bid at 25, tingles had 24).

We then had absolute guts basically picking four explosive/x-factor fwd or fwd/mids, three of whom have injury concerns. That's backing in the medico team and the game plan hard.

We could have gone safer, with three shots at Robertson/Gould/Worrell, but that wouldn't have been the Port Adelaide way.

OUT: Howard, Ryder, Broadbent, Sam Gray, Trengove, Frampton, Johnson, (Woodcock, Grundy), 2020 first round pick, 2020 fourth round pick

IN: Buzza, Bergman, Georgiades, Williams, Mead, Burgoyne, Fremantle 2020 second round pick, Collingwood 2020 second round pick, St Kilda 2020 fourth round pick .

That looks like 9 players off the main list and 7 onto it. We will have 4 rookies ?

Does that leave us a couple free spots on the list for mid season or are we just going with a larger rookie list.

I cant remember what the list limits are.

Only one player interested me before the draft that was Worrell and clubs were happy to let him slide. The closer you look a Georgiades the more you like the pick. We'll see but if he's going round one along with Doc Bergman it's a good draft for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looks like 9 players off the main list and 7 onto it. We will have 4 rookies ?

Does that leave us a couple free spots on the list for mid season or are we just going with a larger rookie list.

I cant remember what the list limits are.

Woodcock, Grundy guaranteed rookie spots.

Burgoyne a rookie.

1 spot available.

Gave it a provisional "B minus".

Mead a solid, professional, meat and potatoes mid, who can impact the scoreboard. Glad we got him :cool:

The other 3 certainly appear to have some X-factor, but body/injury issues mean that their exposed form was not readily identifiable. I guess it is boom-or-bust with them (hopefully more boom!), but we will have to wait and see before passing judgement, as they are coming off a low base this season, and it may be 2021 before we see what they can truly deliver.

These days with all the future picks, etc you need to really rate a draft over two years, and factor in what you end up drafting the following year based on "future trading" from the previous one. In that respect we have improved our ability to get the "biddable" players we covet more readily in 2020.

P****d we missed out on Pickett, but I guess the Dees were always favoured to target him. Slightly p****d we missed Michael Frederick too. Never mind.

If we target another KPP (or ruck - is Crauford from Norwood a reasonable pick, or do we have enough ruckmen for now? - and then Burgoyne it looks ok.

I would re-rookie Grundy to keep some height on the roster, but open to selecting am alternative to Woodcock, who seemed a little like he had a low ceiling last season and was not loaded with a bag of tricks for a small crumbing forward (Lochowiak perhaps?), although some will say you lose goodwill by telling someone you will re-draft them - and then you don't.

Back