Opinion Our Next Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Butters has that grit about him that a captain must have, but that said this was the first year that he elevated his game. Let him focus on his football.

I agree give it to Rozee, has done it over a couple of seasons now, can see him developing into a Pendlebury type captain.

Do not give it to a defender ever again please

Butters has that grit about him that a captain must have, but that said this was the first year that he elevated his game. Let him focus on his football.

I agree give it to Rozee, has done it over a couple of seasons now, can see him developing into a Pendlebury type captain.

Do not give it to a defender ever again please
I think Rozee as Captain, Butters as VC, not sure he’s very comfortable with the media stuff.

Could this be the leadership group?
2.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep looks like the future captain for sure

clean the current leadership out and start afresh

Butters - Capt
Rozee - V/Capt
Add Houston to the leadership group.
Set up future leaders group with JHF, Lord, Williams and get SPP to mentor that group.
Would be nice to see Marshall mentioned somewhere, seems highly intelligent and would add another style.

Why unfortunately?
its just that i think port need a captain who leads by example by putting their body on the line, butters was awarded the most courageous by his pees. no more nice guy captains.

its just that i think port need a captain who leads by example by putting their body on the line, butters was awarded the most courageous by his pees. no more nice guy captains.
I underestimated you. Decent response, although I somewhat disagree.

Rozee will get it but I dont think thats a good decision.

The last 5 or so weeks showed he still has a lot of work to do on his own game. He was getting run down trying to do too much and the amount of one armed missed tackles in the finals was ridiculous. Houston is probably the most ready, then Butters.

Rozee will get it but I dont think thats a good decision.

The last 5 or so weeks showed he still has a lot of work to do on his own game. He was getting run down trying to do too much and the amount of one armed missed tackles in the finals was ridiculous. Houston is probably the most ready, then Butters.
i hope that internally the staff at port rate him (Houston) as highly as we do on Bigfooty in regards to leadership.

im hearing this is how we will lineup: Rozee (C), Butters (VC), along with drew, SPP and dan houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back