How long will the streak last ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Atleast 9.

We will beat the puppies this friday night.

Geelong will have Johnson, Mooney, Bartel, and maybe Scarlett missing, and have a feeling we will bend them over. We should have beat them last time, and the time before that.

We will do grevious bodily harm to Brisbane, although Brown might be back and fit by then! Shouldn't matter anyway.

St. Kilda is the worry and I think we might stumble about here. But top four is looking within reach.

Who would of funk it.

Going to be a tough month ahead Noos, but if we can't stand up now there's not much point getting excited.

Bulldogs - Only worry is can we contain a dominant key forward.

Geelong - Very winnable

Brisbane - Smash 'em

St. Kilda - Tough game with or without their ever growing list of issues.

Make or break time boys.

I think 9 is a good number.

Beat Dogs, Cats & Lions and then get a little reminder we have to keep working hard.
Will give us a little edge going into finals where we get our revenge on the Saints when it matters most.

One week at a time;)

I reckon we can win the next 3, especially with Brown and Gibson back for the Cats game and their out's. The Saints will probably get Riewoldt back just in time for us so I'm not expecting a win there. Port are a rabble and the Swans may be tough in Sydney with Bradshaw. The Dees we should win but Freo are lookin good and will be tough to topple. We are a better side than the Pies and I still don't know what happened last time we lost to them.

Bulldogs MCG Win
Cats MCG Win
Brisbane Tassie Win
Saints Etihad Loss
Port AAMI Win
Swans SCG Loss
Melbourne MCG Win
Dockers Tassie Loss
Collingwood MCG Win

13 wins, 3 more losses would see us well into the 8 with maybe a final against Carlton. Lose any more than 4 of the remaining games and we could miss the 8.

haha i think we can beat sydney in sydney and FREO IN TASSIE!!!

cats are still a danger... and saints... always dangerous

ONE WEEK AT A TIME BOYS!!! lets just go for 7 in a row... LUCKY 7!

One week at a time;)

I reckon we can win the next 3, especially with Brown and Gibson back for the Cats game and their out's. The Saints will probably get Riewoldt back just in time for us so I'm not expecting a win there. Port are a rabble and the Swans may be tough in Sydney with Bradshaw. The Dees we should win but Freo are lookin good and will be tough to topple. We are a better side than the Pies and I still don't know what happened last time we lost to them.

Bulldogs MCG Win
Cats MCG Win
Brisbane Tassie Win
Saints Etihad Loss
Port AAMI Win
Swans SCG Loss
Melbourne MCG Win
Dockers Tassie Loss
Collingwood MCG Win

13 wins, 3 more losses would see us well into the 8 with maybe a final against Carlton. Lose any more than 4 of the remaining games and we could miss the 8.

Fisher I have to disagree with you on just a few games.

Bulldogs MCG Win - Agree
Cats MCG Win - Agree
Brisbane Tassie Win - Agree
Saints Etihad Loss - Not sure, ????.
Port AAMI Win - Agree
Swans SCG Loss - Agree, we are no good at the scg.
Melbourne MCG Win - Agree
Dockers Tassie Loss - Disagree. We will beat the Dockers in Tas. They will lose the plot when it comes time to really stand up.
Collingwood MCG Win - Agree. Yes we are 10 times than the Pies.

We will either take The Pies or Dockers spot in the 4. If not we will finish 5th.

But lets start with the Doggies this Fri night.!!!!!

Carn Hawks

Hopefully the streak never ends :p

But I'm not gonna give an estimate, friday nights game is the first solid opposition we will face, so we will need to find second gear if we want to win that. We've been decent the last month and a half but we still haven't shown enough (apart from the Carlton game) to convince me we are anywhere near our best. Friday night will be the best indication of where we are at as a team. Hopefully we can make it 7 :)

Fisher I have to disagree with you on just a few games.

Bulldogs MCG Win - Agree
Cats MCG Win - Agree
Brisbane Tassie Win - Agree
Saints Etihad Loss - Not sure, ????.
Port AAMI Win - Agree
Swans SCG Loss - Agree, we are no good at the scg.
Melbourne MCG Win - Agree
Dockers Tassie Loss - Disagree. We will beat the Dockers in Tas. They will lose the plot when it comes time to really stand up.
Collingwood MCG Win - Agree. Yes we are 10 times than the Pies.

We will either take The Pies or Dockers spot in the 4. If not we will finish 5th.

But lets start with the Doggies this Fri night.!!!!!

Carn Hawks

Hey, if we can win the next 7 from 9 I'll be happy:D. The Dockers will be in finals mode big time and seem to have talent across the park but sure, could go either way. I think if we win 7 of the next 9 we can be very happy.

I think it is going to stay at 6. Very hopeful we could stretch it to 9, but i am not confident we will win this week. I hope im proven wrong.

If, somehow we can win all of the next 4, i would like to see us stretch the streak all the way to 19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone previously mentioned, let's just take it one week at a time. We need to give our opposition the respect they deserve, and that means only focusing on the present and the factors that we can control. Ourselves.

It is good to have a few wins behind us, but we are a long way off where we want to be as a side, and that is a major factor as to why i don't like to predict how long our "streak" will last.

Enjoy each week as it comes, and take the good with the bad.

yeah i think we can beat dogs
but the cats to come hard game for the boyzz if eveyone is fit and play there role
we can beat them

As long as we beat those dam Cats and Dogs then im happy, but realy we only need to win another 5 games and we can afford to lose 4 more games and we still make the 8.

Well, just a bit of history here; in 1961 we won every game from round 9 to the Grand Final. We're a good chance to do it again.:thumbsu::)

Optimistic sentiment aside, I think we're a good chance in every game. The only two I'm really concerned about are the Saints game & the one against Port (as we've got a poor record against them & at AAMI).

We match up well against Geelong & the Dogs; the games against Freo & Collingwood should be good, but we've more flair than Freo & I doubt we'll be as poor against Collingwood as we were in round 4.

Right, the way I see it, we won our first, then lost our next 6. So obviously we're alternating, and we're multiplying it by 6 each time. Obviously!

So that means our streak will last 36 games, taking us to the 2010 flag and well into next year. Unfortunately, then follows a 216 game losing streak, where we bow out of the finals next year in straight sets and don't recover for a good... oh, 8 years or so.

But be strong hawks fans! Because afterwards our 1296 game winning streak begins! And by the time that's over, I'll be close to 80 and won't give a damn what happens afterwards :D

So yeah, 36 games i'm tipping :cool:

We match up well against Geelong & the Dogs; the games against Freo & Collingwood should be good, but we've more flair than Freo & I doubt we'll be as poor against Collingwood as we were in round 4.

No offence and I am not saying dogs will definately win as I think it will be a tight close game and hopefully a good contest but I don't think you can claim to match up well on a side that has won 7 of the past 9 against hawks.

If anything the Dogs matchup well on hawks as Lake-Buddy, Morris-Roughead, Boyd-Mitchell contests have usually gone dogs way, Hall has too much power for Gilham, Rioli-Harbrow could go either way as both players have been a mix of brilliant and average but Hodge always creates problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back