Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the rest of the western world got their sh*t together and got vaccinated.
Whilst the roll out here has significant faults, a large part of the western world circumvented the usual regulatory processes and didn't have the likes of Pfizer prioritising other countries and Italy blocking supplies.

With regards to the stricter and broader lockdown, to the point of locking down everything at the even sniff of a community case (as the ultra-conservative Mary Louise McLaws argues for and not even Mark McGowan puts into practice!), it's looking like an extremely long grind for New Zealand at the minute. They've still got half a chance to get 0 in my view, but it might still be a month or two away. The ACT wen't hard and went early, shutting down things like construction, but are probably no chance now. Delta has made this strategy borderline impossible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this thread is anything to go by the next election will be pretty interesting, given that in practical terms voting means choosing either Labor or Liberal.
Liberal are unelectable. They are embarrassing to say the least. Recent times Labor has been my preferred choice but they are turning into terrible economic managers as well.

Just like NZ hey? Elimination was a stupid strategy that bought us 12 months of back patting.

But again, are you happy in Melbourne the last 2 years? Other states seem quite happy during that time, but are you?

So let me get this straight, we’d be out of lockdown now if we hadn’t had postcode lockdowns 15 months ago for a wave that was beaten November last year.

You do realise we were living pretty much normally from November until late May this year, and then for much of July, before cases which came in from SA and NSW screwed us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back