Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too binary chief. It is part of the problem. Not "the" problem. We should be aiming to prevent rather than cure wherever possible.
raising welfare payments above the poverty line, secure/social housing/affordability/moratoriums during lockdowns/homeless people of the streets and into accomodation, access to dental and optical through medicare, decrease wait times in public hospitals, increase mental health services

there is a lot of things that need to be done, some of them were done last year and helped massively, then they just dropped it all and went back to being full time campaigners

all levels of government are complicit in this but with who is running services australia and how it is being run it almost wouldn't matter how much money states threw at health and mental wellbeing

There was an increase of about 3% in 2020 on the previous 3 year average, so nothing hugely out of the ordinary. The greater concern would be the huge spike in ED admissions for self harm last year, as this is often a precursor for suicide in future years. Especially considering wait times for access to mental health services currently.

Article I read said it was pretty much The same if not slightly down

Same article did say August this year had more calls to support lines though

Article I read said it was pretty much The same if not slightly down

Same article did say August this year had more calls to support lines though

This is basically a press-release, so take it with a grain of salt, but not sure the Govt could do much more than they're doing on mental health treatment.

I doubt the opposition has got around to coming up with their own policy other than religious discrimination and banning gays cos it's against their morals.

Love them or hate them, it’s seriously enjoyable seeing them pull an all nighter. About time they work hard for something.

Love them or hate them, it’s seriously enjoyable seeing them pull an all nighter. About time they work hard for something.

Putting misguided animus aside, do you think make better decisions when deprived of sleep?

The SoE expires on December 15. Today is December 1. I think it would be better if everyone had a good night's sleep, but from my understanding, many sides are interested in doing it this way.

Putting misguided animus aside, do you think make better decisions when deprived of sleep?

The SoE expires on December 15. Today is December 1. I think it would be better if everyone had a good night's sleep, but from my understanding, many sides are interested in doing it this way.
That's my thoughts. How is it beneficial for everyone to pull an all-nighter? Clearly people aren't going to be in the right headspace or be able to critically think when you haven't slept. It's doing the public a massive disservice to do it like this. Just go and get your 8 hours sleep and come back in the morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I am defamed by a troll I can ask Twitter, Facebook, or whatever the platform, to divulge the true identity of the troll so that person can be named and shamed, and if the social media platform refuses or can't provide the detail then they can be held accountable for the actions of the troll. So it will force the Facebooks etc to deal with trolls front-on. That's the theory.
Facebook/Meta is structured so that the individual registered entity in each country (e.g. Facebook Australia Pty Ltd) is not responsible for content, and all content is managed by the parent company based in Delaware USA. Any Australian law would be rather pointless as it would be impossible to enforce on US based entities.

The best you could hope for would be taking down some forum trolls on online forums hosted in Australia.

That's my thoughts. How is it beneficial for everyone to pull an all-nighter? Clearly people aren't going to be in the right headspace or be able to critically think when you haven't slept. It's doing the public a massive disservice to do it like this. Just go and get your 8 hours sleep and come back in the morning.
Or just pass the damn bill.

Whos fault is it that it’s now being rushed? A good night sleep would be great, but there seems to be some kind of process regarding sitting in parliament on another day, so perhaps they want it done now.

Did you hear what the opposition were saying early yesterday? I think sleep deprivation is the least of their problems. Not sure they could get dumber or less focused.

Ita amusing how many on here quote PR guy as if he is some objective source of fact and information. When did pursuit of truth get this low?
About the same as quoting NewsCorp.

Quoting Twitter should be for people who are witnessing something first-hand. It's what Twitter is best for, getting first-hand videos out to the public fastest.

Whos fault is it that it’s now being rushed? A good night sleep would be great, but there seems to be some kind of process regarding sitting in parliament on another day, so perhaps they want it done now.
The Libs pulling a stunt and trying to obstruct/filibuster the bill is malicious politicking at its lowest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back