Injury Hudson Injured Shoulder - Confirmed, out for ~ 8 weeks (due back ~ AFL rnd 22)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if this has been reported yet but the peoples beard has badly hurt a shoulder and will be out for the rest of the season.

Jeez, we have no luck with injuries.

A lot of pressure now falls on Grundy and Witts!

Then we could upgrade 2 rookies?

Well at least if Grundy or Witts play 2s now they will get number 1 ruck all day...

Well outside of Martin there is no other Rookie even Worth Promoting

Last edited:
You would have to say that is career ending if true. Really bad news.

In such a short time, he has been a really good servent for the club and done so much to assist Witts and Grundy.

I think the Q-Stick may come into it in the second half of the year as ruck coverage if he can recover from his broken leg quickly.

Still be a Fantastic Ruck Coach.

I think the Q-Stick may come into it in the second half of the year as ruck coverage if he can recover from his broken leg quickly.

Just at VFL Level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Collingwood player I know. Believe me, it's 100% correct.

I believe you Kirby

Although TBH I'm hoping you're wrong

Anyway, I gotta follow protocol and change the thread to "rumour" until confirmed

Ps. If anybody sees this reported, press the "report" button and let us mods know (FYI Quicky Magpie Girl Vicky Park )

Last edited:
Yeah, that decision to go into the season with only 3 rucks was a good one, wasn't it Bucks? :rolleyes:

Saw Huddo out at Casey Fields a couple of weeks ago. Without him, we lose that game. Was huge for us that day...

This is very sad news (assuming it's correct), we need our VFL team winning games and in the finals for as long as possible, and of course we want our injury list shrinking not expanding at this time of the year.

Last Friday seems to have been a bit of a "black Friday" for our club, with the Reid injury kicking off a run of unfortunate happenings:- VFL team thrashed, Beams late withdrawal, surprise loss to the Bulldogs, Fasolo sidelined, now Hudson out. Let's hope this is the end of it!

Sad news for Hudson if true... but you'd think even if he retires as a player (likely if it is season-ending) we would still retain him as a ruck coach (hopefully long term).

With how things are going, I dont think he was ever going to get into the seniors this year while one of Witts and Grundy were healthy, but he was a good insurance policy.

As an inter-stater, I don't follow the VFL team - do you we have anyone else can ruck there right now? (Lynch is injured, and White and Keefe are both staying in the seniors for the forseeable future - they would be the guys I would want to get some rucking into).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back