Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see you’re now responding to all my posts, there’s a few on the Essendon board if you want to head on over there too.
Did you tell everyone to believe in themselves and follow their dreams? That would be typically illuminating.

Are you some kind of AI designed to give the appearance of cogent thought while actually saying as little as possible? Some kind of automated distillation of the "both sides" fallacy?

Either that or you've managed to calibrate all your views so finely that people dumber than you will be persuaded, while everyone else will conclude you're a platitudinous chin-stroker.

Everything you post is like a duck hunter doing a bird call with one of those little quacking tubes – except you do it to mimic insight.

You're dangerous.

You're everything that's wrong with the contemporary political landscape.

Your the one promoting selfish hateful hurtful destructive, non productive anti social behavior.

And I'm the dangerous one ????

I'm glad I dont live in your street or work near you. It'd be pretty miserable.

Your the one promoting selfish hateful hurtful destructive, non productive anti social behavior.

No I'm not.

And you have no right to COMPEL me to like you.

I think the argument here between MM & SB signifies the rise of the so called "intellectual dark web".

The group consists of people from diverse political and cultural backgrounds who have largely been silenced by institutions (in most cases their own) and the MSM. Despite their differences they are able to debate and discuss various topics in an organised, calm and civilised manor.

So to SB's point they refuse to be silenced by political correctness and continue to challenge the status quo, and to MM's point they do it in a civilised and non aggressive manor.

Watching Rubin debate Shapiro on gay marriage, or Shapiro debate Weinstein on abortion is fascinating and thought provoking. This is how people should be forming their opinions, not by forcing those they disagree with into silence. The only reason it is a success is because there is mutual respect.

I think the argument here between MM & SB signifies the rise of the so called "intellectual dark web".

The group consists of people from diverse political and cultural backgrounds who have largely been silenced by institutions (in most cases their own) and the MSM. Despite their differences they are able to debate and discuss various topics in an organised, calm and civilised manor.

So to SB's point they refuse to be silenced by political correctness and continue to challenge the status quo, and to MM's point they do it in a civilised and non aggressive manor.

Watching Rubin debate Shapiro on gay marriage, or Shapiro debate Weinstein on abortion is fascinating and thought provoking. This is how people should be forming their opinions, not by forcing those they disagree with into silence. The only reason it is a success is because there is mutual respect.
You know what I can't stand? How Dave Rubin bends over backwards to advertise how he's part of the Intellectual Dark Web.

The other supposed "members" don't seem too fussed about it but Rubin just shouts it from the rooftops every chance he gets. He's the dumbest out of all of them and brings the least to the table in terms of real insight or intellect. The rest of them are scholars who have devoted their careers to knowing about something. Rubin did a BA in politics and then went into stand-up. He should be cutting the oranges and that's about it.

He's like Hawkeye or Black Widow in the Avengers. OK, so we've got Hulk who is basically immortal. And Thor who is literally a God. But sure, we've also got Hawkeye who is really good at archery and Black Widow who is just a hot ninja in a cat suit. Why do they need those two for s**t? If Hulk can't handle it, what the hell is Black Widow going to do? Is she going to kick someone? Is that her special power? Kicking and being hot? Is Hawkeye going to fire an arrow at something? Imagine if every time you saw Hawkeye and Black Widow, they went out of their way to advertise the fact they're in the Avengers. You'd be like "yeah but you don't bring s**t to the table, do you?"

But yeah back to Rubin – you see him speak to any of the other guys and he just loves talking about "we all" like they're in some kind of brotherhood where they're just carrying the torch as radical intellectuals. He's like "I'm in it, I'm in it". And the rest of them are like "sure Dave, you're in it". JP needs a stand-up comedian to do the warm-up when he does events so Rubin gets a gig. But he is a dead-set imbecile. His appearance on Joe Rogan, where he tried to argue they don't even need regulations for construction safety standards was the last straw for me. Hey dick snap, have you heard of asbestos?

Last edited:
You know what I can't stand? How Dave Rubin bends over backwards to advertise how he's part of the Intellectual Dark Web.

The other supposed "members" don't seem too fussed about it but Rubin just shouts it from the rooftops every chance he gets. He's the dumbest out of all of them and brings the least to the table in terms of real insight or intellect. The rest of them are scholars who have devoted their careers to knowing about something. Rubin did a BA in politics and then went into stand-up. He should be cutting the oranges and that's about it.

He's like Hawkeye or Black Widow in the Avengers. OK, so we've got Hulk who is basically immortal. And Thor who is literally a God. But sure, we've also got Hawkeye who is really good at archery and Black Widow who is just a hot ninja in a cat suit. Why do they need those two for s**t? If Hulk can't handle it, what the hell is Black Widow going to do? Is she going to kick someone?
WOW.....you really don't like Rubin

His strength is in the professionalism of his show and his ability to get some good names on as much as anything, but he does make some really good points and presents a good case,

To your point he can seem a bit out of his league at times when surrounded by great minds.

Forgive me for repeating myself but seriously ...

Look at Rubin on Joe Rogan, on a small government rant. And it's fine to be in favour of small government generally. But Rubin is such a slave to his ideology and so ignorant on the details that he goes so far as to suggest there shouldn't even be regulations governing safety standards in construction (from 11:10). He reckons the market will take care of it and it'll be fine because everyone has an iPhone now. Seriously.

That's what happens in the third world and that's why you have factories collapsing in Bangladesh, killing hundreds of people. What does he think happened at the Grenfell Tower in London? Rubin reckons you could remove regulations about safety in construction methods and the market would ensure people don't do crazy, expedient, life-endangering s**t. Imbecile. Rogan pushed back on his pretty effectively.

But nah he's in the Intellectual Dark Web. He's in the gang. JP lets him do the warm-ups. He's got a badge and s**t.

He's like Hawkeye or Black Widow in the Avengers. OK, so we've got Hulk who is basically immortal. And Thor who is literally a God. But sure, we've also got Hawkeye who is really good at archery and Black Widow who is just a hot ninja in a cat suit. Why do they need those two for s**t? If Hulk can't handle it, what the hell is Black Widow going to do? Is she going to kick someone? Is that her special power? Kicking and being hot? Is Hawkeye going to fire an arrow at something? Imagine if every time you saw Hawkeye and Black Widow, they went out of their way to advertise the fact they're in the Avengers. You'd be like "yeah but you don't bring s**t to the table, do you?"

But yeah back to Rubin – you see him speak to any of the other guys and he just loves talking about "we all" like they're in some kind of brotherhood where they're just carrying the torch as radical intellectuals. He's like "I'm in it, I'm in it". And the rest of them are like "sure Dave, you're in it". JP needs a stand-up comedian to do the warm-up when he does events so Rubin gets a gig. But he is a dead-set imbecile. His appearance on Joe Rogan, where he tried to argue they don't even need regulations for construction safety standards was the last straw for me. Hey dick snap, have you heard of asbestos?

Quality post. Rubin is definitely the BMX bandit surrounded by Angel Summoner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I'm not.

And you have no right to COMPEL me to like you.

You put the post up I'm addressing. So yes, you did.

All laws compel behavior. Its got nothing to do with what you like, or what I like either. In the end its about the most successful/efficient way to deal with & in society. The use of laws dovetails with respectful normative behavior to help society function & interpersonal dealings take place with effect.

What sort of antisocial mess do you propose. ?

You put the post up I'm addressing. So yes, you did.

All laws compel behavior. Its got nothing to do with what you like, or what I like either. In the end its about the most successful/efficient way to deal with & in society. The use of laws dovetails with respectful normative behavior to help society function & interpersonal dealings take place with effect.

What sort of antisocial mess do you propose. ?

Your collectivist utopian rationale only serves to magnify your political immaturity.

So are you going to answer the question? How does society work best in your 'world' view?

Society works best when individuals have a high freedom of individual expression unfettered by government and institutions.

Y'know, the enlightenment & stuff.

Society works best when individuals have a high freedom of individual expression unfettered by government and institutions.

Y'know, the enlightenment & stuff.

Where do you draw the bounds between 'individual expression' and not living entirely separate from other people?

Did you tell everyone to believe in themselves and follow their dreams? That would be typically illuminating.

Are you some kind of AI designed to give the appearance of cogent thought while actually saying as little as possible? Some kind of automated distillation of the "both sides" fallacy?

Either that or you've managed to calibrate all your views so finely that people dumber than you will be persuaded, while everyone else will conclude you're a platitudinous chin-stroker.

Everything you post is like a duck hunter doing a bird call with one of those little quacking tubes – except you do it to mimic insight.

You seem oddly concerned about someone you've never met, posting things you don't like.

Where do you draw the bounds between 'individual expression' and not living entirely separate from other people?

Why can't anyone live separately from other people?

Anyone can individually live separately; but with 7.6 billion or so people, you're hard pressed to be completely separate from any other person.

Where are you going with this? What is your point?

Where are you going with this? What is your point?

Whilst I agree with you that we should seek minimal restriction or limitation from government or institutions on our ability to express ourselves freely, there is still an element of compromising your own choices or actions when existing in society, regardless of whether it's enshrined in law.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back