Strategy Hypothetical: What would your demands be if the fate of CFC was in your hands?

How would you be inclined to vote in an EGM challenge with Browne?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the current board are talented individuals who have been successful in their careers but all should be ashamed at where the Collingwood football club is at this present moment. It is a stain on all of their careers.
as governors of the club they have
- trashed the clubs name bringing in activist who sees racism everywhere to write a report. Only morons would allow that to happen.
- Have overseen a time when we ruined our list. Partly due to salary cap mismanagement. The president runs an Accounting Firm!!!
- We want them to make sure the club is successful. They are more interested in woke politics. Bringing in a gender equality activist who supports another club. What value does she bring other that to trash us by telling us we now have a women problem? our woman problem is not bringing in women on the board who love the club. At worst bring someone neutral.
- we have less members than the tigers despite having a larger fan base.

We need to get back to being governed by a board of people who love the club, have its best interest at heart and want it to be a football club not some weird social justice operation run by elitists who despise the fans and the club. Evidenced by bringing in an executive search firm rather than opening up the position to our members.

Christine Holgate can buy watches for everyone using club money of the members as a parting gift for the whole lot of them.

I think the current board are talented individuals who have been successful in their careers but all should be ashamed at where the Collingwood football club is at this present moment. It is a stain on all of their careers.
as governors of the club they have
- trashed the clubs name bringing in activist who sees racism everywhere to write a report. Only morons would allow that to happen.
- Have overseen a time when we ruined our list. Partly due to salary cap mismanagement. The president runs an Accounting Firm!!!
- We want them to make sure the club is successful. They are more interested in woke politics. Bringing in a gender equality activist who supports another club. What value does she bring other that to trash us by telling us we now have a women problem? our woman problem is not bringing in women on the board who love the club. At worst bring someone neutral.
- we have less members than the tigers despite having a larger fan base.

We need to get back to being governed by a board of people who love the club, have its best interest at heart and want it to be a football club not some weird social justice operation run by elitists who despise the fans and the club. Evidenced by bringing in an executive search firm rather than opening up the position to our members.

Christine Holgate can buy watches for everyone using club money of the members as a parting gift for the whole lot of them.

The core business is meant to be the running of a men’s football team according to the Articles of Association so first step is to replace that with a Constitution with term limits and other modernised provisions including allowing for AGLW but not netball. Most other clubs replaced theirs long ago. With that change they must not continue to take advantage of the casual vacancy provisions. This is meant to be used if a director wishes to retire early for some unexpected reason and a temporary backfill is required. It is not meant to be a back door way of appointing whomever you like.

They should be accepting nominations from anyone who wishes to run and if they fill a casual vacancy mid term it should be made clear that it must go to the vote at the next AGM. If you say you have “members” then you should honour that and let us vote or simply call us all customers. Dr Birdie O’Donnell is appointed to fill a casual vacancy left by Waislitz retiring - she should need to stand at the next meeting to stay on.

The current Board will struggle to get my vote as they are collectively accountable for the mismanagement that has occurred to leave the core business failing. I think the netball program is a colossal mistake. The focus should be on AFL/vFL for men and women. I would rather they created more development pathways for kids and teenagers in AFL.

I would be swayed by a ticket that would promise:

- a complete new coaching group.

- List management, recruitment and contract negotiation review including how decisions are made and whether the personnel in roles have suitable skills and experience. Signing Grundy, a ruckman, on 7 years on high dollars was stupid and reactive and this Board signed off on it. The Beams, Wells, Mayne, Reid, Phillips, Cox and yes, Treloar deals were all too high and led to this catastrophe. These were done under different GMs of footy (on this Board’s watch).
- Board members to be required to listen to real customer feedback at each Board meeting and attend at least one game in the Ponsford stand/sit in cheer squad from time to time. They are completely out of touch with who we are. ( They could also be told to listen to the podcasts like Collingwood Rant, read this forum , Extreme Black and White, Nick’s BB). Boardrooms are now doing this in the corporate world and it changes perspective on how customers experience things and what is broken.

- a strategy review given the mess the club is in with a willingness to cease activities that are not working and redirect energy and investment into the footy club. Collingwood became an events planning business under Eddie as he wanted to leave a legacy in the yarra precinct as a leading sporting club. I believe this resulted in the start of the loss of the soul of the footy club. I grew up going to Victoria Park. It has a heart and meaning. I heard Buckley say at a recent event that the players play for each other first, and the team but not the jumper or the history and that was more a thing for the fans. This should not be. A concerted effort should be made to retain the rich history and create a meaning in playing for the jumper. Otherwise, the CFC should refund all of us whose loyalty they relied upon in 2020 in keeping our memberships.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The survey, although a very small sample. indicates Browne could get the numbers with a decent pitch to members. If Browne is serious, he should be in the Legends Bar on Sunday speaking with members. It looks like we will finally get a say on the future direction of our club.

The wall is coming down!

Back