Oppo Camp If not the Cats, which team would you like to win the flag?

Apart from the Cats - who for the 2012 Flag would be most palatable?

• Collingwood (without a forward line... should get Bucks out for a run)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Coast Toolies *sniff*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Point taken. Was late at night with a couple of belts of Whisky.

This is the Cats board, so I assumed everyone thinks Cats will win or whatever.

Who else would you not mind or least hate see winning? That's it. I like the new Sydney and like a lot of their players so happy to see them win.

I still dont understand the question....
There is no other, if Cats dont win then I hope the AFL has to abandon the season for whatever reason and NO-ONE wins it.

Also, I don't see any Adelaide, Sydney, Collingwood, West Coast, Freo or North supporters jumping on this thread. Just the usual protagonists.

Freo are a real dark horse, so under the radar, would not surprise me if they do some real damage this year. Would love to see them get up if we don't. Amazing ruck strength, elite mids, Pavlich, Ballantyne, great defence. Where have they been all year? Surprising they are on 13 wins.

NM- love their Geelong 08 style of play, young exciting midfield, and very honest. Petrie, Swallow, Wells, Boomer, Atley, Thomson, Ziebell, Wright, Cunnington, Goldstein, Thomas, Ilove watching these guys do their stuff.

Adelaide. 2 power forwards, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, that's about it for my interest in them.

Pies- When in top form, and rarely seen this year, great to watch. Love Beams, Thomas, Pendlebury, Swan, Sidebottom, Wellingham, Cloke, all brilliant, Cloke will have to do a Lazarus soon, you'd think.

The rest, WCE are very exciting but on principle, can not like them, and Swans do nothing for me.

Dropped off the Saints then VD?:D
Very relieved Saints and Blues can not play finals. Can relax in the knowledge that none of the teams that could possibly eliminate us in week 1 , if that was to happen, are teams that I loathe. That being said, starting to feel real sadness for Saints fans. They have endured hell worse than we have, in all seriousness. Well, nearly, anyway, and look at the joyous years we've had since 06. Can not see that on the horizon for Saints, Dogs, Demons

**** I hope the Hawks don't get up. Considering how good we've been for 6 years it would be a joke for them to win one when we epicly choke and then pick up another where the best team will be the worst in living memory. Suddenly we've got 3 from our era and they've got 2 and it looks like they're almost as good as us. That would leave a massively sour taste in the mouth.

I'd prefer not Collingwood either for the same reason although at least Collingwood were a very, very good team last year and were the best team when they won in 2010.

I wouldn't hold a grudge against any of the others though. Probably North would be the one I'd want to win the most.

Totally agree - really loathe the idea of a Hawks flag - their "unsociable" approach and the fact that their supporters are rabidly feral would make that a disaster (to say nothing of comparisons with Geelong as a truly great team would be grossly unjustified...)

Totally agree - really loathe the idea of a Hawks flag - their "unsociable" approach and the fact that their supporters are rabidly feral would make that a disaster (to say nothing of comparisons with Geelong as a truly great team would be grossly unjustified...)
All I can say is, you'd be better off preparing for and expecting this scenario to eventuate, as it is most likely, and if it doesn't, great, bonus.

I would have said Sydney if they won last weekend, now they can crash and burn for all I care. Sydney are Adelaide's bitches so the Crows are the best chance for an inoffensive premier this year.

Very relieved Saints and Blues can not play finals. Can relax in the knowledge that none of the teams that could possibly eliminate us in week 1 , if that was to happen, are teams that I loathe.

Saints, nine games against the teams that finished top eight for one win and eight losses, including a forty two point loss to us just two weeks ago; yep, would have been a real chance to knock us out week one of finals if they had made it. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree, would be very surprised if Hawks don't end up premiers. At the moment, they are a cut above every other team.
Of course, September does throw in some surprises, but very rarely that big a surprise.
Only thing is if the Weagles get NicNat, Cox and lynch all firing at once it could be a bloodbath. Their mids are good, they have good small forwards and their backs are ok. Who knows the Hawks might just choke.
fingers.jpg

Only thing is if the Weagles get NicNat, Cox and lynch all firing at once it could be a bloodbath. Their mids are good, they have good small forwards and their backs are ok. Who knows the Hawks might just choke.
View attachment 3084
While that could happen, I'd be surprised for it to happen on the MCG. Wouldn't mind it though... would certainly prefer West Coast as premiers than Hawthorn.

Erm, should this be red card? ;)

Oh my god we lost a Grand Final to them moo moo moo whaa whaa whaa i hate them they are the devvvvvillllllll.

Am I doing it right?

My first football memory is the 1989 Grand Final. I was 6. Somehow at that age I managed not to fill my huggies about the Hawks. Sorry.

Don't quite understand all the love for Sydney to be honest.
I think I've said this before, but what's the total number of personel they have stolen from our club? From Shane mumford going back all the way to tommy hafey and greg williams?...

Don't forget David Spriggs and Paul Chambers. Yep, we've really stitched you guys up .... :p

Oh my god we lost a Grand Final to them moo moo moo whaa whaa whaa i hate them they are the devvvvvillllllll.

Am I doing it right?

My first football memory is the 1989 Grand Final. I was 6. Somehow at that age I managed not to fill my huggies about the Hawks. Sorry.
Kinda thought the winking smily face made it obvious it was a joke.

Back