Opinion If the Premier of Victoria states that we can gather to protest, then why can't we gather to watch football?

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't say that bro. even if it's factually accurate

The woke movement must be shown up as an irrational religious like cult of automatons at all times.

Their devaluing of the concept of "racism" opens up the very real risk that it will cease to have any real meaning, thereby resulting in catastrophic consequences. They are dangerous.

The woke movement must be shown up as an irrational religious like cult of automatons at all times.

Their devaluing of the concept of "racism" opens up the very real risk that it will cease to have any real meaning, thereby resulting in catastrophic consequences. They are dangerous.
Their trivializing of every possible angle of victimhood is pushing away on mass those issues that require healthy analysis.

You're right , because the more the woke push agendas the less likely it will ever gather mass support. It has the opposite outcome.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Their trivializing of every possible angle of victimhood is pushing away on mass those issues that require healthy analysis.

You're right , because the more the woke push agendas the less likely it will ever gather mass support. It has the opposite outcome.

Yyyyyep.

They are actually counter productive.

Anyway as far as the original post goes...

Straight up outdoor mass gathering appear to be significantly less risky than semi outdoor ones like a footy match where people are herded or kettled thru structures like cattle. For example entering the stadium, using facilities like bathrooms or getting food and drinks. Often these places are indoors in the stadium too.

Also there's a lot more shouting at footy matches which means a lot more human caused aerosol in the local atmosphere.

So lots more potential for close contact and transmission via surfaces in the footy ground, as well as more shouting. Dunno how much that increases the risk of transmission over an outdoor March but it would be increased by some amount.

Presumably a bit of shouting and chanting going on in protest marches too.

Look, I'm sure there was at least a touch of faux naif or obtuse posturing on ideological grounds in the OP, but as we emerge out of this situation over the weekend and enter the week of football returning, the opportunity to analyse the data based on any new positive tests as a direct result of the protest can certainly inform the decision on whether to allow crowds back to the footy.

This is very true, in particular in this situation.

In a government report on prison deaths between 2015 and 2016 it was found that "death rates of Indigenous prisoners had been consistently lower than death rates of non-Indigenous prisoners since 2003-2004" - Source.

This whole deaths in custody thing is nothing but a lie designed to draw an imaginary parallel with what is going on in the USA, created by the media and various special interest groups and then propogated by youth with an insatiable need to virtue signal at every opportunity. It's sad because it's driven by nothing but vanity and in the end only serves to take attention away from the many genuine issues facing Indigenous Australians. Those are hard conversations though and frankly well beyond most of these people.

In a government report on prison deaths between 2015 and 2016 it was found that "death rates of Indigenous prisoners had been consistently lower than death rates of non-Indigenous prisoners since 2003-2004" - Source.

This whole deaths in custody thing is nothing but a lie designed to draw an imaginary parallel with what is going on in the USA, created by the media and various special interest groups and then propogated by youth with an insatiable need to virtue signal at every opportunity. It's sad because it's driven by nothing but vanity and in the end only serves to take attention away from the many genuine issues facing Indigenous Australians. Those are hard conversations though and frankly well beyond most of these people.
That's a succinct and truthful explanation.

These same people assume people vote for conservative government because they're conservatives or "right wing".

The reason is simply people prefer common sense over what other option exists.

The real solution lies teaching the next generation of children emotional intelligence.
Hopefully this virtue signalling hysteria dies off like Kodak.

That's a succinct and truthful explanation.

These same people assume people vote for conservative government because they're conservatives or "right wing".

The reason is simply people prefer common sense over what other option exists.

The real solution lies teaching the next generation of children emotional intelligence.
Hopefully this virtue signalling hysteria dies off like Kodak.

Bingo!

It's not so much that people vote FOR the "conservatives" as AGAINST the morons on the other side.

I have dealt with a few of the scumbags and I am aware of the level of disgrace in aboriginal culture. The first thing about dealing with aboriginals in custody is in keeping them out of custody in the first place. Stopping them beating women to a pulp women is a bloody good start.

It's not just domestic violence. It's all violence in indigenous communities that needs addressing. It's not just men bashing women, it's men bashing and killing each other and it's women bashing women and in some cases men.

It's pretty rare that black fellas get locked up for domestic violence issues compared to other issues and indigenous women gave an even higher rate of imprisonment than men.

As for child sexual abuse ... You including Jimmy Krakouer in that?

You know the death rate is lower because of the higher rate of death by natural causes in non indigenous prisoners right - specifically heart and respiratory disease and cancer? Indigenous people die younger in prison and are less likely to die in necessary (ie inevitable consequence of disease) or natural ways than non Indigenous prisoners as that report says.

Often when indigenous people die in prison and it gets people attention it's from things like cops bashing them (K Briscoe, Alice Springs for example) or from a failure to provide proper care. If this happens at the same rate to non indigenous prisoners it's a disgrace that non indigenous people give so few *s about their own prisoners.

Also, in Australia for decades indigenous Australians have been complaining about the lack of value placed on their lives compared to the rest of us. Almost as if their lives didn't matter. Those kids from Bowraville, Lois Roberts, K Ryder, Elijah Doughty for example.

It's not just being killed for singing "who let the dogs out" to some cop.

Anyway...

I've got more than one friend who has lost family members in custody. I'm inviting you to tell them their brothers' deaths were "nothing but a lie designed to draw an imaginary parallel with what is going on the US."

You know the death rate is lower because of the higher rate of death by natural causes in non indigenous prisoners right - specifically heart and respiratory disease and cancer? Indigenous people die younger in prison and are less likely to die in necessary (ie inevitable consequence of disease) or natural ways than non Indigenous prisoners as that report says.

Often when indigenous people die in prison and it gets people attention it's from things like cops bashing them (K Briscoe, Alice Springs for example) or from a failure to provide proper care. If this happens at the same rate to non indigenous prisoners it's a disgrace that non indigenous people give so few fu**s about their own prisoners.

Also, in Australia for decades indigenous Australians have been complaining about the lack of value placed on their lives compared to the rest of us. Almost as if their lives didn't matter. Those kids from Bowraville, Lois Roberts, K Ryder, Elijah Doughty for example.

It's not just being killed for singing "who let the dogs out" to some cop.

Anyway...

I've got more than one friend who has lost family members in custody. I'm inviting you to tell them their brothers' deaths were "nothing but a lie designed to draw an imaginary parallel with what is going on the US."
Best thing would be to ask the aboriginals that don't commit crimes and go to jail. And do what they do

Best thing would be to ask the aboriginals that don't commit crimes and go to jail. And do what they do

White Australia stole their continent. They're just trying to fit in with how things are done now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said the deaths were a lie. They're all tragic and the best number is 0. I said the system doesn't inflict death on Indigenous prisoners any more so than non-Indigenous prisoners. You may be right with what you're suggesting about the differing circumstances, but when they're making serious allegations like "systematic oppression of Indigenous prisoners" it's not fair to judge it on anything but the data at hand.

Rather than try to imitate what is happening in the USA for social media plaudits, why don't we focus on the issues that impact our Indigenous community. If you want to look at prisoners, why not look at the completely disproportionate number of Indigenous Australians who end up there in the first place? Why not look at the rates of violence against men, women and children that take place within their communities? Why not look at the substance abuse issues? These all come out in the data time and time again, yet it's too hard a conversation for people because it's about rolling up the sleeves and getting to work rather than yelling "racist" at people.

I will add that I'm not a white Australian and have experienced racism from white Australians many times in my life, so I'm not sticking up for the system in this instance for any other reason than I don't believe in this particular cause as a racial issue.

It's a big continent.
So what's the solution then?

I dunno but a good start would be to acknowledge the over policing of aboriginal people, especially in states like Queensland, so stopping it would help. And drop the comments about aboriginal people being criminal by nature. Doesn't help given we've come from a penal colony built on stolen property.

I never said the deaths were a lie. They're all tragic and the best number is 0. I said the system doesn't inflict death on Indigenous prisoners any more so than non-Indigenous prisoners. You may be right with what you're suggesting about the differing circumstances, but when they're making serious allegations like "systematic oppression of Indigenous prisoners" it's not fair to judge it on anything but the data at hand.

Rather than try to imitate what is happening in the USA for social media plaudits, why don't we focus on the issues that impact our Indigenous community. If you want to look at prisoners, why not look at the completely disproportionate number of Indigenous Australians who end up there in the first place? Why not look at the rates of violence against men, women and children that take place within their communities? Why not look at the substance abuse issues? These all come out in the data time and time again, yet it's too hard a conversation for people because it's about rolling up the sleeves and getting to work rather than yelling "racist" at people.

I will add that I'm not a white Australian and have experienced racism from white Australians many times in my life, so I'm not sticking up for the system in this instance for any other reason than I don't believe in this particular cause as a racial issue.

Black people are criminalised in Australia. The panic about Sudo gangs and the over policing of indigenous communities are real things. Mandatory detention targeting indigenous kids, differences in sentencing and treatment of offenders against aboriginal people compared to aboriginal people and ongoing heavy handed policing against indigenous communities (not criminal offenders in communities).

It's very rare that the action taken to deal with these problems is the action those communities claim is what is needed. When communities are listened to stuff works. But it doesn't happen enough. For example...

Alcohol abuse is the worst issue in terms of substance abuse. Not just in indigenous communities tho. But it drives the violence. Dry communities are much more functional and less ****ed up.

I used to get drunk with aboriginal people quite a bit and their term for it was "going on a charge" or "charging up". Not a legal charge but an energy one. Ie getting pissed fired them up, made them more aggressive, more intense and all the other things we all get with booze.

A lot of the legal stuff - why would you buy into western society if you were a young aboriginal man? Unless you are an absolute gun sportsman what does Western Culture have to offer? It's bulshit laws that are changed to suit the powerful and screw the underdog. That's why cops can call you a black campaigner and then charge you with the three lack when you respond. That hasn't changed.

Then you get tortured by adults, on the same side as the cops, in places like Don Dale.

Over a decade ago Melbourne legal services were warning about the way police were treating young African kids and pointing out racist bias across the areas they serviced. There is more to this than just copying America.

Black people are criminalised in Australia. The panic about Sudo gangs and the over policing of indigenous communities are real things. Mandatory detention targeting indigenous kids, differences in sentencing and treatment of offenders against aboriginal people compared to aboriginal people and ongoing heavy handed policing against indigenous communities (not criminal offenders in communities).

It's very rare that the action taken to deal with these problems is the action those communities claim is what is needed. When communities are listened to stuff works. But it doesn't happen enough. For example...

Alcohol abuse is the worst issue in terms of substance abuse. Not just in indigenous communities tho. But it drives the violence. Dry communities are much more functional and less f’ed up.

I used to get drunk with aboriginal people quite a bit and their term for it was "going on a charge" or "charging up". Not a legal charge but an energy one. Ie getting pissed fired them up, made them more aggressive, more intense and all the other things we all get with booze.

A lot of the legal stuff - why would you buy into western society if you were a young aboriginal man? Unless you are an absolute gun sportsman what does Western Culture have to offer? It's bulshit laws that are changed to suit the powerful and screw the underdog. That's why cops can call you a black campaigner and then charge you with the three lack when you respond. That hasn't changed.

Then you get tortured by adults, on the same side as the cops, in places like Don Dale.

Over a decade ago Melbourne legal services were warning about the way police were treating young African kids and pointing out racist bias across the areas they serviced. There is more to this than just copying America.

I agree with some of your points and I'm not tarring the entire Sudanese community, but they are the very farthest things from the victims here and victims of police brutality of all things.

I personally know of 2 run of the mill police officers in the South East who have committed suicide in the past 18 months, both were targeted, tracked and hunted while off duty, both with their kids and both in shopping centers going about their daily lives. Both were nearly beaten to death, spent a month in hospital and both didn't last 6 months after the physical recovery before the demons of the attack set in.

This is a regular tactic of the Sundanese gangs in the SE.

They are not the victims.

Australia is a very different place to America.

I agree with some of your points and I'm not tarring the entire Sudanese community, but they are the very farthest things from the victims here and victims of police brutality of all things.

I personally know of 2 run of the mill police officers in the South East who have committed suicide in the past 18 months, both were targeted, tracked and hunted while off duty, both with their kids and both in shopping centers going about their daily lives. Both were nearly beaten to death, spent a month in hospital and both didn't last 6 months after the physical recovery before the demons of the attack set in.

This is a regular tactic of the Sundanese gangs in the SE.

They are not the victims.

Australia is a very different place to America.

A over a decade ago a Fitzroy Legal Service report warned of this sort of thing happening as a consequence of the way police treated African youth.

This is precisely the point I'm making. That sort of gang activity doesn't come out of nowhere. Treat people like s**t long enough and they will react. The may even act like s**t in response.

A over a decade ago a Fitzroy Legal Service report warned of this sort of thing happening as a consequence of the way police treated African youth.

This is precisely the point I'm making. That sort of gang activity doesn't come out of nowhere. Treat people like s**t long enough and they will react. The may even act like s**t in response.

The violence doesn't come out of nowhere.

It comes from immigrating from a country that was locked in 2 decades of civil war that resulted in over 2m deaths.

The assertion that the Sudanese gang violence is retaliation as result of being treated like s**t by Police is a ludicrous statement.

The violence doesn't come out of nowhere.

It comes from immigrating from a country that was locked in 2 decades of civil war that resulted in over 2m deaths.

The assertion that the Sudanese gang violence is retaliation as result of being treated like s**t by Police is a ludicrous statement.
Why? Cos you know people personally affected?

If you are suggesting it has nothing to do with it then you are being ludicrous.

If the cops hadn't targeted those kids for being black in a public place repeatedly since the early 00s the situation would obviously be different. Sudanese people aren't the only people to have ever used violence in Australia, target police or form criminal gangs. Nor the only immigrants to come from war zones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back