If West Coast played Melbourne, Collingwood or Richmond in the Grand Final, who wins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefilly a fourth party comes in and wins. Keep the predictoons interesting.

I seriously think that Sydney will win the flag this year. They like the 'G, they're not scared of the deep wings there, actually they thrive there. They travel well everywhere really so if they face WC at Umpire Stadium it won't matter to them. The young kids are growing in confidence and look good, the oldies are putting together a good season so far. Somewhat flying under the radar at the moment too and think they have more upside, even though they're in the top 4. Who wants to be killing it in May/June? Never works out well.

Amazing how so many tigers fans who spend the entire offseason arguing that the gf being played at the mcg was no benefit to richmond can turn around and argue the exact opposite when it suits them.

Huh? Ive said it forever and a day that tiges playing any interstate team will advantage us big time. So playing eagles or whoever i will be quietly confident of beating them. As im sure u would for any team playing at optus stadium.

You lost to Adelaide in Adelaide by 6 goals earlier in the year. Are you telling me you wouldn't expect to beat them back in Adelaide next weekend ?
Adelaide have lost McGovern, Sloane and Walker since then and are in poor form losing 3 out of their past 4 games. And overall 5-4 since that game.

Can you say the same about Richmond? They're 5-1 since the Melbourne game with the only loss being the now hardest task in the league.
What has changed since the Richmond v Melbourne game that would indicate it would be a 50+ point turnaround?

Adelaide have lost McGovern, Sloane and Walker since then and are in poor form losing 3 out of their past 4 games. And overall 5-4 since that game.

Can you say the same about Richmond? They're 5-1 since the Melbourne game with the only loss being the now hardest task in the league.
What has changed since the Richmond v Melbourne game that would indicate it would be a 50+ point turnaround?
Mate Richmond would tear up any team at the MCG at the moment, dont know the big deal about Melbourne yet they have beaten
(a) The Saints
(b) The Suns
(c) The Dogs
(d) Carlton
(e) The Lions
(f) Adelaide - Missing Crouch, Sloane, Walker, McGovern and a host of players

Come back to me after they have played the top 8 teams.

Mate Richmond would tear up any team at the MCG at the moment, dont know the big deal about Melbourne yet they have beaten
(a) The Saints
(b) The Suns
(c) The Dogs
(d) Carlton
(e) The Lions

Mate I am a Richmond supporter, not Melbourne.

(a) The Saints
(b) The Suns
(c) The Dogs
(d) Carlton
(e) The Lions

Can only play who you’re fixtured against. That is like me saying eagles can talk when they beat a top 8 side away from home.

And that's my whole point. Things change. Clubs have been thrashed by another club and turned the tables in the same season. It's not uncommon.

We didn't have Viney or McDonald when we played you first time around. Those two massively change our fortunes. Fritsch and Hannan didn't play, who've become important. Not to mention how our defensive structures have changed.

We may well lose next time around, but I won't be taking any notice of the result in round 5.

You've got a short memory. Richmond lost 3 games in a row this time last year by under a goal. The footy they were playing a couple of months later was vastly different.

And that's my whole point. Things change. Clubs have been thrashed by another club and turned the tables in the same season. It's not uncommon.

We didn't have Viney or McDonald when we played you first time around. Those two massively change our fortunes. Fritsch and Hannan didn't play, who've become important. Not to mention how our defensive structures have changed.

We may well lose next time around, but I won't be taking any notice of the result in round 5.

You've got a short memory. Richmond lost 3 games in a row this time last year by under a goal. The footy they were playing a couple of months later was vastly different.
And thats my point. Not enough has changed between Richmond and Melbourne.
You beating up up on some bottom teams and horrible out of form Adelaide shows be nothing.

Yes we lost games by under a goal, not much has to change for those to be a win. Not so easy to change 7 goal losses to a win.

And ONCE AGAIN, the main point here is not that Melbourne couldn't win next time we played, but that its bizarre to think they would be favorites going in to it. It seems youve missed the point of my comment COMPLETELY.

And thats my point. Not enough has changed between Richmond and Melbourne.
You beating up up on some bottom teams and horrible out of form Adelaide shows be nothing.

Yes we lost games by under a goal, not much has to change for those to be a win. Not so easy to change 7 goal losses to a win.

And ONCE AGAIN, the main point here is not that Melbourne couldn't win next time we played, but that its bizarre to think they would be favorites going in to it. It seems youve missed the point of my comment COMPLETELY.
I never replied to your post where you mention "favourite".

As for not enough changing ? We've just had the best 6 week block in the club's history (over 120 years). I don't care who we have and haven't played, that's incredible footy.

Also, there aren't many good teams in the competition. Sydney lost to North and both Adelaide sides at home, Geelong lost to Essendon. And I could go on. This nonsense that we've beaten no-one is just regurgitated crap from simpletons.

As for not enough changing ? We've just had the best 6 week block in the club's history (over 120 years). I don't care who we have and haven't played, that's incredible footy.

Also, there aren't many good teams in the competition. Sydney lost to North and both Adelaide sides at home, Geelong lost to Essendon. And I could go on. This nonsense that we've beaten no-one is just regurgitated crap from simpletons.

Just had a quick squizz at your season so far and its not super impressive - with the exception of adelaide the teams youve beaten arent top 8 condenders - the teams that have beaten you are.

Long way to go yet - and ithink your mob will do better as the season goes on - but thats how we measure a team - to get respect you have to beat good teams

Same way i measure my own club (except with us its away wins). Weve beaten noone except the hawks - of note away and until we do we arent a real challenger for the flag - noone gives a fkkkk if we beat carlton at the g - noone gives a fkkk if we beat brisbane in brisbane - beat tiges or melb at the g or adelaide in adelaide and people sit up and take notice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can only play who you’re fixtured against. That is like me saying eagles can talk when they beat a top 8 side away from home.
Exactly and to me the eagles are not flag favourites yet, you will find that 99% of our supporter base is very cautious as there is a long season. A lot can happen between now and finals let alone September

Now? West Coast. But the Granny ain't played in June. Isn't that the point of a season + finals.
You will find that all eagles supporters are very cautious there a is a heck of a long way to go. No team is unbeatable and on their day you can mount a case for Richmond, West Coast, Melbourne, Sydney, Geelong the Pies etc.

Did you reply to my comment where I said Melbourne wouldnt win? No, because I never said that. Yet you still replied as if I did.

"Theres a difference between saying Melbourne are no chance to win and Melbourne wouldnt be favorites to win, m8"
That was my comment before you started replying.

Thats nice. Port played pretty well against bottom sides last year as well. All that shows is youve gotten good at being flat track bullies. Before that 6 week run you still lost to Hawks and Richmond by 40+ points.

In that 6 week run youve beaten 12th, 16th, 15th, 18th, 9th and 14th. Dont act like this is because "there are no good teams". You have 4 of the bottom 5 teams in that run. 5 of the bottom 7.
Adelaide was the one 'good' win, but even they were playing like a bottom 6 team.

This year youve lost to 2nd, 5th and 10th. Beat 6th, 9th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th.
So who have you beaten if you havnt beaten 'no-one' like you say?

You will find that all eagles supporters are very cautious there a is a heck of a long way to go. No team is unbeatable and on their day you can mount a case for Richmond, West Coast, Melbourne, Sydney, Geelong the Pies etc.

Like this post.

But seriously now a days get in the 8 and on a roll at the right time................

Like this post.

But seriously now a days get in the 8 and on a roll at the right time................
That is it timing is wonderful thing man, for us we have to finish top 4/top 2 because we dont want to be travelling. But the other thing is also injuries esp to key players. I wonder how many of the top 6 teams will rest players in round 22

Did you reply to my comment where I said Melbourne wouldnt win? No, because I never said that. Yet you still replied as if I did.

"Theres a difference between saying Melbourne are no chance to win and Melbourne wouldnt be favorites to win, m8"
That was my comment before you started replying.

Thats nice. Port played pretty well against bottom sides last year as well. All that shows is youve gotten good at being flat track bullies. Before that 6 week run you still lost to Hawks and Richmond by 40+ points.

In that 6 week run youve beaten 12th, 16th, 15th, 18th, 9th and 14th. Dont act like this is because "there are no good teams". You have 4 of the bottom 5 teams in that run. 5 of the bottom 7.
Adelaide was the one 'good' win, but even they were playing like a bottom 6 team.

This year youve lost to 2nd, 5th and 10th. Beat 6th, 9th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th.
So who have you beaten if you havnt beaten 'no-one' like you say?
I'm saying there are only 3 real quality teams, so this talk about "who have you beaten ?" is a bit of a furphy. Name a team outside those 3 and I'll tell you about their very poor losses.

We weren't playing well early in the year, but our personnel and structure has changed.

Early season form is a misnomer. The top 5 didn't change last year from round 11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back