If you could draft any player from history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge or Selwood. For their playing ability, leadership and their positive off field influence on the culture at the clubs. Especially Selwood.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

It’s an absolute tragedy the both of them with those knees.

Just boggles the mind why the footy gods picked them to miss so much footy in their prime age.

Didnt really stop Huddo.. After doing his knee at the Hawks, he still kicked another 616 Goals for Glenorchy, even missing half his knee.

1721 Career Goals at all levels.... The Don Bradman of Aussie Rules.

Didnt really stop Huddo.. After doing his knee at the Hawks, he still kicked another 616 Goals for Glenorchy, even missing half his knee.

1721 Career Goals at all levels.... The Don Bradman of Aussie Rules.
Yeah I highly doubt knee surgery knowledge was at the cutting edge of technology in 1954.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half his goals out the back scooping up the loose ball.
Coleman was a contested marking phenomenon.

A relative of mine who played for Carlton often spoke of him. Literally leaped over the top of shorter sized defenders.
Also a tough nut who copped some brutal hits by the opposition.
Geewizz ... that's a monster strawman you've made of one of the greatest goal kicking machines ever. I don't think there was a better body positioning player going for a mark, just instinctive footy IQ, and his kicking was phenomenal.

This despite being overweight, knockkneed, wide hipped, and running like a teenage girl.

Freak.

Geewizz ... that's a monster strawman you've made of one of the greatest goal kicking machines ever. I don't think there was a better body positioning player going for a mark, just instinctive footy IQ, and his kicking was phenomenal.

This despite being overweight, knockkneed, wide hipped, and running like a teenage girl.

Freak.

McKenna was a better player than Hudson.

Wayne Carey. You'd have to give him a pretty stern talking to early on about staying away from team mates girlfriends, gambling, drugs, excessive drinking and training standards. If he was ok with all of that - definitely Carey. The guy would still dominate now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back