Analysis Inexperience watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Lester coming in and Bailey moving into the 100+ games category changes our numbers. Cam will only add to that in a couple of months.

By the end of this year McKenna and Rayner will be on 100 games if they play most of the remaining ones.

That would take us to 20 players on the list with 100 plus games (plus Starce would be in the 90s). They might not all play (eg Gardiner / Lester / Ah Chee) but that is a VERY experienced side assembled for a flag tilt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most, if not all the stats point to a reasonably comfortable Lions win, especially considering our relative positions on the ladder....3rd v 11th

Still, this feels to me like a closer contest than it appears on face value.

Suns will be desperate , not only to break our run of wins against them but also to keep their hopes of a first ever finals appearance alive.

I really think this could be pretty close.

The key may well be how "Jackson" Payne quells the influence of Ben King. If King has plenty of room to move in, he's shown that he can take the best defenders to the cleaners. If our defensive mids and halfbacks can deprive King room to move in, we should get home

I'm tipping the Lions by 8 points in a nailbaiter.

Feels like once you get over 95 avg games your team should generally be pretty competitive. Suns should be a tough matchup.
Yeah I thought it was about 100 but could be somewhere in between.

The other key thats become clear is not too many in the under 25 (or 10 games). Carrying more than 2-3 in that range is too hard

Yeah I thought it was about 100 but could be somewhere in between.

The other key thats become clear is not too many in the under 25 (or 10 games). Carrying more than 2-3 in that range is too hard

Over the next two years they’ll convert a lot of those 50-99 guys into 100+ so should have a core of like 10-15 guys in the sweet spot

Both Queensland clubs are in great shape IMO.

Lions and Suns undefeated in the VFL, both 7-zip, which is a testament to the depth of the two clubs.

The Suns lead us on %age , 163.0 to 152.5 in that comp.

With a bit more polish and composure, not to mention a little luck, the Suns could easily be 6-3 in the AFL right now. They threw away a winning position against Freo at home and were raped by the umpires in losing to Melbourne by under a goal.

I hope to be still alive when the two Queensland clubs both make the finals, even better if they play each other because that would be a great thing for Queensland footy.

I wish the Suns well but just not tomorrow night :cool::smallfooty:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back