Instead of Power what would you prefer

Remove this Banner Ad

We were a power in the SANFL so named ourselves the power in the AFL... I think that's how it went?
I think(?) it was more "power at the ball" and "power at the opposition who have the ball"....at least that's how I recall Jack Cahill explaining it at one stage.

From memory, there was also some connection to the club's motto at the 1979 Grand Final against South.

I know we all wish we were still the MAGPIES but unfortunately we can't.
So we settled on POWER.
Don't get me wrong the POWER chant does sound amazing.
But if we could rename what would be your preference.
Ive heard Dolphins and Pirates but what else is there.

And yes im bored

Maggies

Next.

Connor Rozee has suggested we become the Port Petersons

This was settled years ago:

snjFAfS.jpg
I can picture the crowd chanting 'SEAMEN' instead 'POWER'.
Doesn't suit our AFLW side. Would have to change it to SEAFARERS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carn bomber you know you want it!

View attachment 1570486

Lol. As if that is how it would have played out.

The advocates of the Pirates branding have this ideal in their head of how it would have turned out but the reality is that it would have been a total disaster given the types of decisions being made at the time and the people making them.

Think less Captain Blackbeard and more Captain Feathersword.

I would've gone with Pirates, easy to market & bad ass logo ideas galore the kids would've loved it but it's putting toothpaste back in the tube stuff now.

I'm wondering what difference it made, if at all, having the Dockers come into the league two years before we did.

You've got their logo with a bloke holding an anchor and with Port potentially thinking about going down the Raiders (Pirates) style of branding, it was probably a bit too similar.

Lol. As if that is how it would have played out.

The advocates of the Pirates branding have this ideal in their head of how it would have turned out but the reality is that it would have been a total disaster given the types of decisions being made at the time and the people making them.

Think less Captain Blackbeard and more Captain Feathersword.

yWIWb4K-t1ASRmc-c7ZWoTKh5FZqEKsDk181T1e5UBo.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back