Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Coaches need to look at how we were beaten, adjust our defensive mechanics, and the team needs to respond against Collingwood.

Best case scenario is that this is just a poor night, we have been up for a long time, and all the skill errors, the game style flaws and the complete lack of intensity today is just a result of being on such a streak and this reality check gets us back on track.

The worst case scenario is that what we all thought at the start of the year catches up with us, the Tredrea effect has worn off and we blow a golden top 2 opportunity, only to make up the numbers in finals.

We find out the answer next week.

Clearly we were our own worst enemy for most of the night. Incredibly poor decisions, poor use, poor execution in front of goal, a complete lack of intensity handballing into blocks, standing still and letting kicks get chopped off, and zero defensive running allowing them to stream and overlap and destroy us with their scoring from defensive chains.

A horrendous night. That poses a lot of questions. I hope that this was just a blip, but it has way more than that written all over it.

The Blues won 13 in a row in 2000. They then lost 3 in a row, and went on to lose a prelim to the near unbeatable Essendon. This season from us just feels so similar. Can't help but feel that we'll be playing a home prelim away against Collingwood and that Hinkley will blow his 4th prelim.

Last edited:

We let Jack Silvagni of all people have a career best game. That really says it all

We are carrying a few frat track bullies in that team. Some real handbagger efforts in that game. Far too many passengers to be competitive. Carlton are rubbish and I'm not really worried by that one loss but I can see a typical Hinkley late year collapse coming. Maybe he is coaching after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton completely exposed this side and its coaches.
I seriously hope I'm wrong but the potential for a serious slide down hill from here bothers me.

Return of the Ball Butchers. Except for Dan Houston, everyone seemed to be competing for the Highest Kick Trophy.

Ollie Lord, you need to learn how to kick before you can command a place in this team.

Jonas = piss, never again. retire now pls
Mead = piss, that moment in the last where he was on his own kicking it uncontested to another player 35m away.. and he kicked it 10m over his head
Burton = all the intesnity of a wet flannel
Finlayson = had a stinker tonight, not sure what happened
Bergman = gone to s**t after re-signing
Butters = gone to s**t after the bye??

Duursma wasn't good but at least ran the game out strongly which is a plus.

If we're to have any chance of winning a final we need butters and rozee re-entering godmode, and JHF at least back in and making a contribution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back