Review Power v Blues - Bye Bye Sweet 13

Remove this Banner Ad

In the game day thread I said we needed to bump the Spuds that tear us apart and put in Silvangni and Motlop after they had both kicked 4 goals against us. JimmyBC did question if it was fair to call Motlop a spud, and I conceded it was harsh but he basically averages just under 1 goal a game over his short 20 odd game career before yesterday, and he kicked 3 of his 4 goals in about 5 minutes in the 2nd quarter after he had kicked one in the 1st quarter.
Fair enough if it is McKay and Curnow who kick 8 on us but these two father/son spuds really tore us apart.

What i would like to know, is how does someone go through all that junior footy, development squads, draft camps, VFL sides etc into an AFL side as a forward and not be able to kick for s**t. Like actual how do you get drafted as a forward? literally the most important attribute to have.

There's a lot of forwards in the AFL that are poor kicks at goal, which is really frustrating. What's the point of all the other good work if you're really poor at finishing it off.

What i would like to know, is how does someone go through all that junior footy, development squads, draft camps, VFL sides etc into an AFL side as a forward and not be able to kick for s**t. Like actual how do you get drafted as a forward? literally the most important attribute to have.
I don't know if I can name a great forward who didn't kick for goals well.

Watched what i missed last night like the sadist i am

Jonas has to go. Horrible. Crazy that the backline also looks its most spooked in ages WITH the captain back there

Boak not as bad as people saying

Butters just gets no midfield minutes on the 2nd half? Just cause? Something is up

Bermgan isnt a centre square mid yet

Lord is a typical big man and leans back on his kicks late. Comes from being ****ed aerobically. Nothing that can't be fixed

Duurs nice return game i thought. Scrappy but thats just rust

Hinkley said it in the presser and i agree

Every department was off tonight just enough

Butters groin and I think he's been carrying it for a couple of weeks.

Get ready for a Portnight to get it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy that concussed DBJ through a tackle is getting sent to the tribunal with most disagreeing saying it's just a good tackle.

Actually felt Carlton were quite aggressive with their tackles last night.
I don't agree it was a good tackle, he had DBJ arm pinned so he couldn't use it to stop his head hitting the ground. In years gone past, it would have been fine, but it's with the long term issues that concussion can lead to, it's what the AFL are trying to stamp out. Also the tackler chose to bring DBJ to ground.

Yeah. I have no idea how all of this s**t works. Confuses the hell out of me tbh.
It may be a good thing for them, he’s been rat s**t lately and is getting targeted by teams as they know it throws him off his game. A couple of weeks off may help him long run.

Either way it’s a win for us.

It may be a good thing for them, he’s been rat s**t lately and is getting targeted by teams as they know it throws him off his game. A couple of weeks off may help him long run.

Either way it’s a win for us.
If Butters plays and gets through his injury just have him pester Rachele all night. Or Keays and his ‘mistake’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back