Review Power v Blues - Bye Bye Sweet 13

Remove this Banner Ad

There were some s**t individual performances, but it’s the failure everywhere that is so frustrating. There’s no ‘the midfield was down, but the defence battled hard’ or ‘the forwards made the most of limited chances’. This was such a Hinkley performance, of mental fragility across the ground. We’ve all had the worry, but unfortunately this result shows we still lack the mental strength to be a contender, whilst Hinkley has any role at selections or coaching, even if it is a reduced one.

We weren't interested in this game from the bounce. Why not? On paper at least it was our easiest game in the next month.

At least it puts another side in the mix for the Crows' top eight spot.

This this and this

Rather than throwing the game and putting all our eggs in the Collingwood / Crows basket we should have thrown everything at an easier opponent like Carlton

4 points is 4 points whether you're playing WC or the Wobblers

Reminds me of receiving the club email headlined with “Surj: We’re Determined To Honour The Spirit Of The ANZACS” on the eve of Gold Coast’s inaugural visit.

There’s tempting fate, and there’s having a Shailene Woodleyplasty and inviting Theodore Bundy around for dessert.

why are so many people saying we threw this game at selection?

Charlie - playing on one knee
JHF - first year basically as a midfielder, last few games his TOG dropped significantly - needed to be rested.
Rioli - dad's 1 year mass (we didn't rest him)
Hayes - Was ordinary week prior
McKenzie - Ankle
Burton - dropped on form.

I agree: Meade, Burgoyne, Jonas - all not up to it. but the changes we needed to make, needed to be made, and these were the best we had aviable.

Our depth sucks, and that's as simple as that. but id hardly say we stuffed up at selection.

I just keep coming back to last weeks presser after the GC win where Hinkles declares Jonas will be a certain starter.. What does that say to the rest of the players? I mean, he literally couldn't wait to declare it.
It's all politics to me, Ken buttering up the leadership group to get their glowing endorsements for a contract come August.

Shameful!

JHF - first year basically as a midfielder, last few games his TOG dropped significantly - needed to be rested.
McKenzie - Ankle

I agree: Meade, Burgoyne, Jonas - all not up to it. but the changes we needed to make, needed to be made, and these were the best we had aviable.

Our depth sucks, and that's as simple as that. but id hardly say we stuffed up at selection.
No one is sledging the outs

The ins on the other hand

Jonas. Enough has been said
Mead over Narkle sure Narkle hadnt played a full game in over a month but on output he would beat mead
Burgoyne has been flakey all year

McKenzie - Ankle

Can't argue with Dixon, JHF, rioli or McKenzie. All forced outs. That's already 4 so a significant number.

It was the height of arrogance to drop Burton on top of that - then make him the sub anyway? Yeah he's down on form but still a class player.

Lycett was utter s**t. If he wasn't fit, which he didn't look like he was, then what harm was it giving Hayes another game? Lycett got touched up by a young part timer/early career ruckman. Hayes would have been better.

So there's two outs that shouldn't have happened.

Then there's the ins. Mead was putrid. It's not like he had been knocking the door down in the sanfl. He's a midfielder, if he's not good enough to be in the middle, don't shoehorn him into half forward where he's **** on a bull.

Jonas shouldn't have come in because he's awful. But hopefully that performance at least shows that his career is done.

Duursma fine. He's good enough to be best 22 once he gets some touch back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back