Interesting omissions this week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2000
London
Other Teams
Essendon & Arsenal
North Fans

Whoever said (on the recent board here) that they thought Adam Lange is future Captain material clearly doesn't have his/her finger on the pulse. Thought this a strange one, particularly with McCartney out... thoughts?

Bomber Fans

Looks like they finally lost patience with Cess. Reckon three weeks in the Magoos would be great for him and help him get his game together for the finals. Plus its terrific to see Henneman get a game. One concern is that it appears that Sheeds will use him as a back-up ruck for Barnes - very dodgy in my view against a ruckman as tall (203-205cm?) and as talented as Steven King. Could be very interesting in its impact on the game...

Dutch

Thought it a little suprising that the old marshmallow heard Alessio got dropped this week too. Still after what i heard from some about his recent form I guess there is a case for it. Henneman (?) I dont know much about. Just looked big heavy type a'la Ryan O'Conner from what i saw ansett cup wise. Dont get to worried Fletcher could also ruck for you and do well to and there is enough other options to cover the cats forwards, though Burns can be damaging against even the very best.

Grendel

You could fit two Aaron Henneman's into the Rhino - he's quite lean, tall and strong and unlike ol' Rhino has a good football brain and awareness.

He's apparently played 9 of 10 excellent games in the magoos - would have played senior footy in any other clubs backline but in the absence of injuries has had to wait in line behine Prior. I've got a real Brett Lee feeling about this bloke.... so look out.

Reality is that they need one more tall ruck though - fletcher is too important and too damn good down back to waste... there are two or three in the twos and supplementary list coming through for this role so unless Cess can find form his days are numbered at Windy Hill.... on the other hand I would tip that he will and play a big part in the finals - remember how well Simon Madden responded to getting dumped once in his career?

Do you like the hawks this week or not? You must be quietly pleased that the Tiges like getting on the sause...

Trust me, this kid is a

Dutchman

McCartney is out with a hamstring injury (it happened 10 minutes into the game vs Freo). It's a big shame because he was coming back into form. The more interesting thing about McCartney is that against Freo, they started him in the forward line and he took 3 marks in the ten minutes he was on the ground (all one grab efforts) and I was making a mental note to give him the 3 votes. The man is seriously under-rated by the fans.

I have to be honest, I haven't really been following the fortunes of Essendon in recent weeks, but I presume they have kept winning.

But that all changed when I noticed that Cess was out of the side and how relieved was I when I saw this.

He was the one tall I was worried about.

I thought Harley on Lucas, Graham or Scarlet on lloyd, Sanderson on Hird, Sholl on Long or Bewick, and McGrath as the free running backman, but who on Alessio he was my big worry.

Thanks Bombers.

especially since it appeared we were getting regularly burned in ruck contests agnst adelaide (in that period where they dominated anyway). If Barnes needs a spell, and Aaron cant do the job, I can "visualize" a similar type run on from Geelong, if we cant get crumbs.
However, maybe MJ can just "head" and shoulder their ruckman outta the game. LOL.

A.

(sorry shaun- we do feel for ya)

Take your word on Henneman, Dutch. Seems every player you pull out at the minute is something. I was going more by the little I saw of him when he was on Thommo in the ansett cup, and to be honest he didnt seem much to me then. Never go by first opinions though, I thought Thommo was a DUD big time when he first came down to us
redface.gif

Verrry happy that the tiges have the propensity for self destruction yes. Their midfield worrys me a bit but I think we win hands down forward and back. Without Gaspar they dont have anyone (I hope) to hold Dutchy and Thommo COULD cut loose if he gets an undersized bloke on him. Find out this arvo haha.

Might even head around before the game to the tiges rooms with a couple a slabs of VB just to see.............
biggrin.gif

Dutchman

Adam Lange is basically a first year player (only played a handful of games this year) who has spent a lot of time on the bench in the past weeks. Given time, I'm sure he could develop into a good player, but at this stage I wouldn't think he would be captain material.

come on cats fans face it. Lange got dropped cause he shoulda won the game against the best team the world has ever seen. He shoulda snapped a shot as soon as he picked it up but instead he turned back infield & into trouble. Result = no score game drawn.

Sorry lad, bad decision, have a rest for a week. Its an education.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back