Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

They have gone eeerily quiet

Yes, when actually presented with facts they disappear.

It is their playbook, make up bullshit, present it as fact so the dumb MAGA believe it, and when asked to actually provide evidence, just go all quiet as if nothing happened.

It has become so obvious over the past few years and a few have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

The classic thing in this Hunter Biden case is the laptop - where the **** is it if he dropped it off?

We all know that the republicans are going hard at Hunter Biden publicly but conveniently kept the hearing behind closed doors so they can openly lie in public about the hearings and use it as election propaganda to muddy the waters, even though the hearings are a joke and have not turned up a single piece of evidence.

Why I think this farce even exists is because the Republican party are in turmoil, they know that as it stands from polling that Trump has alienated the more progressive arm of the republican party and they are fearful they will swing and vote Democrat at the next POTUS election. So they are desperately trying to tar Biden with anything they can think of to at least prevent a mass swing vote.

What is hilarious is the following
1. Republican party could have self banned Trump from the party prior to the primaries
2. A Trump free campaign would have lost MAGA but would have brought the base back together as candidates like Haley and DeSantis would have approached the campaigns with some decorum and at least discussed policies.
3. The border would be fixed as its likely a bipartisan agreement would have been reached.

In other words, the republican party are on course to be all but ruined come the federal election. By throwing all their eggs in the Trump basket, they not only run the risk of not having a POTUS candidate in the election, they run the risk of destroying themselves in congress. This hardline MAGA approach has never been an election winning strategy. The ultra conservative religious nutjob side of MAGA states are also going to hurt the federal republicans with their dangerous anti abortion laws and now the unfair IVF.

Ultimate prediction
Democrats smash MAGA Republican candidates in all up coming elections
In 10 years, the Republicans become a political case study at University and a running joke of the congaline of mega F ups and insane candidates get lectured about for decades as a what not to do.

This is really interesting.

The MeidasTouch examine the Supreme Court ruling on a future appeals.

Watch this.

A brief summary, the only argument they have accepted for appeal is what constitutes an official act of president. Meaning they will not at all review all his other crimes and indictments. They will not review the decisions around the first amendment.

So the path forward for a successful appeal means Trump must successfully argue to the point the Scotus agrees that all his actions post the election meet the criteria of what constitutes being a president and what he is immune from criminally. The real problem Trump faces no matter how hard he tries will be the proven fact seeking re-election is not a presidential act. So he has to argue his speech to over turn and stop congress from ratifying the college votes was not an act of a candidate seeking election but it was an act expected from a sitting president.

So all Scotus seem interested in is drawing a lawful line in the sand about the presidential office and what it entails.

My personal opinion is this is very bad news for Trump and the republican partys hopes of having Trump available for the election. I truly think he is done. Its all over. He will at least be found guilty of some of those charges. Some of those come with a sentence that carries a minimum of jail time that a judge can't not sentence him too. Scotus have already ruled on first amendment and election interfering so he can't take a guilty verdict to SCOTUS to be over turned unless it falls within the office of the president. He is cooked basically.

This is really interesting.

The MeidasTouch examine the Supreme Court ruling on a future appeals.

Watch this.

A brief summary, the only argument they have accepted for appeal is what constitutes an official act of president. Meaning they will not at all review all his other crimes and indictments. They will not review the decisions around the first amendment.

So the path forward for a successful appeal means Trump must successfully argue to the point the Scotus agrees that all his actions post the election meet the criteria of what constitutes being a president and what he is immune from criminally. The real problem Trump faces no matter how hard he tries will be the proven fact seeking re-election is not a presidential act. So he has to argue his speech to over turn and stop congress from ratifying the college votes was not an act of a candidate seeking election but it was an act expected from a sitting president.

So all Scotus seem interested in is drawing a lawful line in the sand about the presidential office and what it entails.

My personal opinion is this is very bad news for Trump and the republican partys hopes of having Trump available for the election. I truly think he is done. Its all over. He will at least be found guilty of some of those charges. Some of those come with a sentence that carries a minimum of jail time that a judge can't not sentence him too. Scotus have already ruled on first amendment and election interfering so he can't take a guilty verdict to SCOTUS to be over turned unless it falls within the office of the president. He is cooked basically.

Surely you are giving the SCOTUS too much respect, too much benefit of the doubt. They are corrupted.

Surely you are giving the SCOTUS too much respect, too much benefit of the doubt. They are corrupted.

But they aren't. They made a bed where they can only legally conclude the role of the president. It is the states and congress who oversee the POTUS election, so its fair to conclude Trump was acting as a candidate when talking about the stolen election. A president is legally required to also operate on facts and seek congress approval to take a stand against a wrong doing. For example, Bush had to get congress to vote to go to war in the middle east. So the fact Trump with no evidence kept complaining about the election being stolen and election fraud, congress did not act. Scotus would have to take that into consideration. They didn't act because it wasn't coming from Trump the president, it was coming from Trump the POTUS candidate. Another factor is to this day, trump has failed to produce any evidence. So his claims that he as president had a duty to speak out when presented with evidence of election fraud he has failed to produce the evidence.

Another big factor is he is witnessed to admit losing the election behind closed doors. This witness was to give testimony at his impeachment. They will now give testimony. What a fail by the president.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they aren't. They made a bed where they can only legally conclude the role of the president. It is the states and congress who oversee the POTUS election, so its fair to conclude Trump was acting as a candidate when talking about the stolen election. A president is legally required to also operate on facts and seek congress approval to take a stand against a wrong doing. For example, Bush had to get congress to vote to go to war in the middle east. So the fact Trump with no evidence kept complaining about the election being stolen and election fraud, congress did not act. Scotus would have to take that into consideration. They didn't act because it wasn't coming from Trump the president, it was coming from Trump the POTUS candidate. Another factor is to this day, trump has failed to produce any evidence. So his claims that he as president had a duty to speak out when presented with evidence of election fraud he has failed to produce the evidence.

Another big factor is he is witnessed to admit losing the election behind closed doors. This witness was to give testimony at his impeachment. They will now give testimony. What a fail by the president.
I realise the plethora of evidence about the insurrector but the coup continues and is now in tne hands of the captured Supreme Court. I know what should happen in a sane and ethical world but the US is neither right now.
I hope you turn out to be correct though.

And yet here we have the alternative getting it wrong yet again. We go on about Biden’s age but Trump is younger -

Neither Biden or Trump should be candidates for the Presidency, they're both totally unsuitable and their relative Political Parties should be embarrassed for supporting either. The American Political System is beyond help.
And yet you only post negative media about Biden, weird.
At least the rest of us are honest.
Ps I agree with you that the US is a mess.
I blame the lead pipes, and using God as their excuse to do any awful thing they desire.

That is total and absolute crap, probably close to a 100 times maybe more I've said Trump is not fit to be President.

No you're not, the best you've ever come up with is Biden better than Trump when both are ratshit. A s**t sandwich is still a s**t sandwich no matter how much s**t you layer on.
One is a danger to the US and will be an autocrat who will encourage the killing or rounding up of those he doesn’t like. It seems you and Mutineer admire that. I have trouble imagining what type of people you both are.

Supreme Court has reversed Trump's ballot ban in all three states where the ban was activated and says all States can't enforce a ban.

This was a unanimous decision by both Conservative and Liberal judges but it was pointed out the bans weren't lawful and were reversed on those grounds.

It still stands they believe he was involved in insurrection.

Better than being a demented rapist fraudster thief with 91 felonies and counting.
Absolutely, but clearly the voters aren't seeing it that way.

The only way Trump loses is if any of the court cases go through in time where a guilty verdict bans him from becoming President. That won't happen. Lawyers will find a way to delay proceedings and influential people in Trump's pocket will aid the delay. I'm taking bets.

Absolutely, but clearly the voters aren't seeing it that way.

The only way Trump loses is if any of the court cases go through in time where a guilty verdict bans him from becoming President. That won't happen. Lawyers will find a way to delay proceedings and influential people in Trump's pocket will aid the delay. I'm taking bets.
Loses what, the Republican primary ?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back