Is Flyin' Ryan's mark tonight, the best you've seen since Moorcroft and Walker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, seriously. saw enough sample size of the umpiring massively favouring the Eagles way at home to know the way it was going. As a neutral just wanting to watch a fair game you seriously lose interest when you feel you know the result already. Happened too many times before to be ignorant of it.

Are you STILL sooking about umpires?

Might be biased, but IMO Jimmy Bartel took a better mark on the same day that Riewoldt took his running back into a pack instead of just one player.

It's at 0:40 of this clip.

Of course you are biased. Bartel was running back into a stationary pack, Riewoldts had players coming towards him aswell. Bartels was great, Rooeys was better

Threads like this always end up getting the current mark being ‘rated’ run down, bit of a shame but I understand the opinion that it was not ‘all time’.

It was a cracker though from Ryan but what made it extra special was the effort and run he put in to make it happen. Not many guys sprint 60m+ to take a specky near the goal square, sensational stuff!

Capper’s one armed horizontal hanger over Langford is still the best I’ve ever seen. The uniqueness and ability to maintain his focus on the ball from an impossible position makes it the greatest by some margin.

Best since Walkers would have to be Ryan’s WAFL mark which is significantly better than Friday night’s effort. The push backwards makes it seem more elevated than it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing will ever top that Moorcroft mark for me.

That mark got me hooked on footy for good. As a kid it was so cool

Thread about how good a mark was and not a single one of you arseholes have even posted it.

So now I've seen it, great mark, but there's been better marks this year. Doesn't get remotely close to Moocrcroft or Walker.

Bailey Fritch's effort was pissweak tbh as well. Everyone knew that Ryan would be at that contest either in the air on the ground but he let Ryan have separation.

This is not as good as Will Schofields effort on Caleb Daniel.

Could not have been that great as I turned the coverage off straight after as lost interest due to the umpire making me certain this game was already decided. Even a decent mark could not make me put up with any more of it.
Good mark all the same but nothing special. Ryan himself will take better ones than that.

Free kicks were 20 to 20 you numpty

Might be biased, but IMO Jimmy Bartel took a better mark on the same day that Riewoldt took his running back into a pack instead of just one player.

It's at 0:40 of this clip.

No bias here, Riewoldts was far better considering the speed of all involved and the way the impact threw him around whereas Bartel just crashed into a pack and fell down, both great marks but theres a reason Riewoldts is at no2 in that clip and only beaten by a high flying mark which happen regularly.

As the above states, this mark legitimately got me up out of my seat...and I was on the couch at home. I've watched it over 20 times, and it just gets better every time. No mark will ever beat Moorcroft's IMO, but Walker's comes close.

Absolutely incredible display of jumping power and athleticism. What do you guys think? Did it grab you like it has me?
link?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back