Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably rose coloured glasses, but i don't think Rankine has reached his peak yet.

Extra midfield time seems to agree with him, more than I expected
I agree. Adapting to the midfield and still hitting the score board. Seems to be playing with more maturity as this season progresses. To me, he is standing out as a leader of the club along with Dawson, Hinge and Tex.

Betts and McLeod were unbelievable players for us and so exciting to watch. Both produced seasons of consistency on top of endless highlights. Different players to each other - Rankine has a sprinkling of the best of both of them, without the ability they had on their left foot. It is a privilege to watch week in week out.

I'm not sure of your business but my understanding of business is when you only have an annual lottery and a mere 17 customers to TRADE with to improve your chances of success, you value each customer. You'll need them to achieve success and a mutually beneficial TRADE (not a purchase) is the pathway to building your organisation. Of course, if your business had thousands or even millions of customers, you can afford to piss a few of them of.
The tough guy, bone crusher talk might sound nice on big footy, but really only displays a juvenile understanding of commerce within a limited market.
Tough guy bone crusher talk? What are you on about?

Mutually beneficial trade? Why would you want to give benefit to another club? Do you honestly think any of the other clubs want to help the Crows one hundredth of one percentage point? That it is good business to determine your actions around feelings, emotions and OUTCOMES of the businesses in direct competition with you?

And you think I'm exhibiting a juvenile understanding?

Tough guy bone crusher talk? What are you on about?

Mutually beneficial trade? Why would you want to give benefit to another club? Do you honestly think any of the other clubs want to help the Crows one hundredth of one percentage point? That it is good business to determine your actions around feelings, emotions and OUTCOMES of the businesses in direct competition with you?

And you think I'm exhibiting a juvenile understanding?

I think there is a difference between maximising your return when you have leverage, and trading in bad faith.

Obviously you don't want to trade in bad faith when the shoe can be on the other foot next season or even the next day. But every club in the league understands that when you have the leverage, you're able to use it.

Saying "bad luck Gold Coast, we're not giving you crap, we're just going to force him into the PSD and set a price so you get nothing" would probably create bad blood. However, trading down our pick 5 to something weaker and then saying "this is all you're going to get" would have been reasonable.

On SEN, Daniel Hoyne from Champion Data had Izak at number #9 in his 'Top 10 Players' in the comp (from the first 8 rounds) stating he was the best small foward in game, he has him sitting pretty between Gawn & Serong. And much like the Showdown, Port failed to get a player in the top 10 😎

1. ISAAC HEENEY
2. MARCUS BONTEMPELLI
3. BAILEY DALE
4. ELLIOT YEO
5. MATT ROWELL
6. NICK DAICOS
7. NICK BLAKEY
8. MAX GAWN
9. IZAK RANKINE
10.CALEB SERONG

On SEN, Daniel Hoyne from Champion Data had Izak at number #9 in his 'Top 10 Players' in the comp (from the first 8 rounds) stating he was the best small foward in game, he has him sitting pretty between Gawn & Serong. And much like the Showdown, Port failed to get a player in the top 10 😎

1. ISAAC HEENEY
2. MARCUS BONTEMPELLI
3. BAILEY DALE
4. ELLIOT YEO
5. MATT ROWELL
6. NICK DAICOS
7. NICK BLAKEY
8. MAX GAWN
9. IZAK RANKINE
10.CALEB SERONG
I am actually surprised Soligo is not in and around this list, although maybe its been his last month in particular that has really been stunning

1. ISAAC HEENEY
2. MARCUS BONTEMPELLI
3. BAILEY DALE
4. ELLIOT YEO
5. MATT ROWELL
6. NICK DAICOS
7. NICK BLAKEY
8. MAX GAWN
9. IZAK RANKINE
10.CALEB SERONG

Bailey Dale in third? Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was terrific today. His best game at AFL level in my view. 24 disposals, 4th for metres gained, 5 clearances, 3 goals and 2 goal assists. The play which led to Rachele's goal was just elite and shows the full range of what he can do. Obviously has pace, elite skills and goal sense but his running capacity and strength in the contest are remarkable given the rest of his skillset.

Back