Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's an interesting one.

He might get pushed out by the St Kilda spending spree of the last few years.

Can see a similar situation and contract to Brad Crouch last year.

St Kilda fans seem OK about his potential departure as well.
I think it will take a pretty big contract to get him out. He’s on pretty good coin at the moment and with Steele reportedly signing for about 650k last year, Billings will have to settle for a fair bit less than his current contract to stay. For him to leave though, I would’ve thought he’d have to be offered 700k +.

Can see a similar situation and contract to Brad Crouch last year.
From us, or another club? Crouch is supposedly on about $600K PA, which I believe is a fair bit less than Billings is currently on, so I expect it would take considerably more than that to entice him to leave.

Pretty much the only way we’d be willing to let him walk would be for band 1 compo. It’s not like we’re trying to push him out the door. He’s probably on track for a top 3 finish in the B&F.

From us, or another club? Crouch is supposedly on about $600K PA, which I believe is a fair bit less than Billings is currently on, so I expect it would take considerably more than that to entice him to leave.

Pretty much the only way we’d be willing to let him walk would be for band 1 compo. It’s not like we’re trying to push him out the door. He’s probably on track for a top 3 finish in the B&F.

You dont really let him do anything.

Just like Adelaide, you wont know the compo until after you don't match.

But if a club only offered him say $600K PA we’d just match it. Because we’d know the compo wasn’t going to be adequate.
And we’d be more than happy to have Billings @ 600k per season... however at 750k+, we will take the band 1 and wish him the best of luck where ever he decides to go.

Surprised he’s not getting a bit more love from opposition teams in this thread. He’s one of the best players who are available this off season.

And we’d be more than happy to have Billings @ 600k per season... however at 750k+, we will take the band 1 and wish him the best of luck where ever he decides to go.

Surprised he’s not getting a bit more love from opposition teams in this thread. He’s one of the best players who are available this off season.
Whats his genuine best spot? Can he play foward alright? Can say i havent watched a whole lot of him. Would take him at north and is linked (lazy journalism that hes best mates with L McDonald) but not sure if he would play mid or not. We need more wingers

I personally think he would suit Melbourne. I'd much rather him on a wing then Brayshaw as much as he has been okay. Brayshaw just butchers it Hal the time unfortunately

Whats his genuine best spot? Can he play foward alright? Can say i havent watched a whole lot of him. Would take him at north and is linked (lazy journalism that hes best mates with L McDonald) but not sure if he would play mid or not. We need more wingers
IMO he is most dangerous as a forward, has good goal sense, but we play him as a hard running, accumulating wingman. He’s fine in this role, but doesn’t seem to be as damaging playing in this position as he is forward, despite his amazing kicking skills.

I think it will take a pretty big contract to get him out. He’s on pretty good coin at the moment and with Steele reportedly signing for about 650k last year, Billings will have to settle for a fair bit less than his current contract to stay. For him to leave though, I would’ve thought he’d have to be offered 700k +.

I can see a club Like Geelong or Dogs get someone like him. Cats can offer him $600-650,000 a year on a 4-5 year deal

I can see a club Like Geelong or Dogs get someone like him. Cats can offer him $600-650,000 a year on a 4-5 year deal
With respect to our playing list, our small high forwards seem to be picked on a premium of defensive ability and game sacrifice.
McNeill, Vandermeer, Scott and JJ is learning a 'scarificial' role. Billings is more of a talented finisher than footsoldier so I don't think he's on our radar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ironic would it be if Billings ended up at the crows as a free agent for $650k x 4 years that gave the saints a 2nd rounder as compo and the saints supporters get upset because they deserved pick #2.
Would pay money to see a certain Facebook pages administrator digest that news for the first time

Would pay money to see a certain Facebook pages administrator digest that news for the first time
He’d charge people $50USD to hear his thoughts on cameo. Or is it $25? Oh it’s actually $15 but only for ten minutes ok?

Would be happy if he came to the roos.
Right age to be the next group of player coming through that we desperately need.
Already good friends with a couple of the guys too.
Lets us get him St kilda and take the compo.

Poor bastard, will forever be known as the player taken before Bontempelli. The Sam Bowie of the AFL.

Saints should be trying to lift him. If he goes, start the rebuild in 2022

They were suppose to build the team around him but its now built around Jones, Hannebery and Hill. All on a decline

With the email that got sent out to Saints supporters, how can they try and compete when their losing their key players that aren't old etc

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Saints should be trying to lift him. If he goes, start the rebuild in 2022

They were suppose to build the team around him but its now built around Jones, Hannebery and Hill. All on a decline

With the email that got sent out to Saints supporters, how can they try and compete when their losing their key players that aren't old etc

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
You forgot Crouch & Ryder

Saints will be an interesting position depending on what they offer billings

Bring in hill on 900k and potentially ask a home grown player to sign for less than that player thinks he’s worth interesting juggling act

Remove this Banner Ad

Back