Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he means at the parade and anything else before like 6pm

Either way, I’m sure his end of season exit interview will leave him in no doubt as to off-season expectations and goal setting for 2024. Calls for him to be traded are just way over the top. You want to bring more talent in, not dilute what you already have. I’m sure the coaches will do everything they can to help him be the best he can be, it’s their mantra.

Last edited:
McRae saying he "will learn" is a political way to say that it wasn't a brief or sober or early Friday outing. Why not just say it was a boring night the club green lighted? The fact it needs consequence indicates something.

Jack will need to grow sooner rather than later or risk wasting his career.

McRae saying “he will learn” isn’t code for anything, stop imagining bullshit.

Then fly didn't get the memo, it was ticked off by the club. Even Craig Kelly had no issue at all.

Thinking about it, I'd say that the Kelly statement is the club policy and the Fly "read the room" comment is related to Jack understanding the way the media and social media are going to react to him.

Thinking about it, I'd say that the Kelly statement is the club policy and the Fly "read the room" comment is related to Jack understanding the way the media and social media are going to react to him.
Yeah, we know what social media and the media in general is like when it comes to Jack, anything related to him is like. Anything small is always gonna make it seem so much bigger than it should be just because he is who he is.

Either way, I’m sure his end of season exit interview will leave him in no doubt as to off-season expectations and goal setting for 2024. Calls for him to be traded are just way over the top. You want to bring more talent in, not dilute what you already have. I’m sure the coaches will do everything they can to help him be the best he can be, it’s their mantra.
Wade and the coaches will have a plan in place for him for his off season, in getting fitter and stronger and be ready for a gruelling day 1 of pre-season.
He's done a lot of hard work in the past 3 months, but now he needs to take the next step forward in his development to be the best player he can be.

He has now realised hard work is what will make him succeed or fail, not just his talent.

This.

There’s no doubt Jack finds new and innovative ways to attract attention. Did going out on GF eve, and that making a headline, negatively impact his game? I think more likely he was rusty - he’d been involved in two quarters of footy over six weeks. I’m surprised he got near the ball at all.

He had a down day. A few others didn’t play their best footy either.

But…we won the premiership.❤️

They have belief in him and will still nurture him. To be honest it’s the optics more than anything, if he’d gone over to a mates and watched Sky nobody would have known and he’d have spent the same amount of time not at home.

It was a picture of Pendlebury for the longest time - felt the two legends of our club hoisting the trophy in front of the faithful was a good replacement
100% both 300 game plus players. Hopefully Pendles gets to 400 and Sidey to 350.
I think I need to update my pic as well, I've had it since 2007 and at the time wanted to have a classic pies picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

There’s no doubt Jack finds new and innovative ways to attract attention. Did going out on GF eve, and that making a headline, negatively impact his game? I think more likely he was rusty - he’d been involved in two quarters of footy over six weeks. I’m surprised he got near the ball at all.

He had a down day. A few others didn’t play their best footy either.

But…we won the premiership.❤️

Yep winning the flag papers over all cracks and solves all problems. So good

Suspect Fly is disappointed in him for the sole reason that it wasn't a good decision to go to the races. It was a mistake, but learn from it and move on, making better decisions as you go.
I agree, but not really sure dressing in a jockey kit was that funny. Reminding everyone that he was out the night before our club's most important game in five years (being out in a public place was an especially poor decision), was not a great look. Fly always supports and defends his players but he chose to mention the indiscretion publicly, so he was clearly disappointed. Wonder how he felt when Ginni rocked up dressed as a jockey.

I've been wondering how Tay and JFN might feel about a player showing a lack of self-discipline and then thinking it's the whole thing is hilarious, when they work so hard and always do right by the team but missed out on playing in a GF. I can't help but think it was a bit disrespectful under the circumstances.

He might still be young, but he really doesn't read the room imo. I can't imagine Bobby Hill doing that, and he is fast becoming a favourite player with personality.

Please don't get me wrong, we don't want a list of 44 robots, but this situation, and his response to it, has troubled me a bit.

I agree, but not really sure dressing in a jockey kit was that funny. Reminding everyone that he was out the night before our club's most important game in five years (being out in a public place was an especially poor decision), was not a great look. Fly always supports and defends his players but he chose to mention the indiscretion publicly, so he was clearly disappointed. Wonder how he felt when Ginni rocked up dressed as a jockey.

I've been wondering how Tay and JFN might feel about a player showing a lack of self-discipline and then thinking it's the whole thing is hilarious, when they work so hard and always do right by the team but missed out on playing in a GF. I can't help but think it was a bit disrespectful under the circumstances.

He might still be young, but he really doesn't read the room imo. I can't imagine Bobby Hill doing that, and he is fast becoming a favourite player with personality.

Please don't get me wrong, we don't want a list of 44 robots, but this situation, and his response to it, has troubled me a bit.
How was it 'showing a lack of self-discipline'?

They have belief in him and will still nurture him. To be honest it’s the optics more than anything, if he’d gone over to a mates and watched Sky nobody would have known and he’d have spent the same amount of time not at home.
Post match, he said he won't be going away this year, he'll be working hard to become a midfielder. Like that he had these aspirations. Hopefully he follows through on it and does put in a mountain of work to get himself to a higher fitness level.

No doubt he was underdone coming into the Grand Final. Just no where near enough footy. Understandable he didn't have much impact.

It sounds like you do want a bunch of robots.

Ginnivan still trolling everyone by saying he wants midfield time. Cut it out Jack

He’s a premiership player, and I’m rapt for him and for us, however he’s going to have to find another level (or two) to stay in the side.

He’s not athletically gifted.
He’s not particularly strong.
He’s not particularly good overhead.
He has yet to display an ability to play multiple positions.
He will likely receive fewer kicks on average than every other AFL player from here on out.
His point of difference, being his “footy IQ” was closer to being a weakness than a strength in the GF.

Over to you, Guinea Pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back