Player Watch Jack Madgen (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to have let you down again, but I think you might need to wait a while. Maybe until Madge actually plays a poor game? When that happens we promise to demand that he be dropped. Can't be far off now.

its one of those things... chicken or egg... does the madge fly high in the forum or does he play a bad game or vice versa....

as for the madge playing a poor game, i watched him against the suns. His earnestness was excruciating. i just wish howe would get back...

I‘ve seen your posts described as satire. Is this correct?

i've never called them satire. I try to tease out the real truth in the situation. I was hoping to remind people that they should be focused on improving the team by moving Madgen to the emergencies.

Very happy that Magden is proving me wrong, thought he was another Jason Wild grade plodder with one string to his bow. Instead he's revealing he can play a decent defensive footy.

My impression was he was a hack kick, but against the Suns he seemed to be delivering well.

Nothing wrong with our defence.

Who does Howe replace when he comes back. Imagine it would be one of Roughead, Madgen, Noble or Quaynor but not sure which one.

This is most likely a moot point for what's left of this season anyway with Howe apparently not likely to make it back in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason I thought he was a lot younger. Been impressive lately and I was going to say he has great potential, but surely this is about as good as it gets for him.

This is most likely a moot point for what's left of this season anyway with Howe apparently not likely to make it back in time.
Interesting, I thought by all reports he was travelling well? That's a shame because I think he is our most important player.

For some reason I thought he was a lot younger. Been impressive lately and I was going to say he has great potential, but surely this is about as good as it gets for him.

Decided in his teens to focus on basketball so was away from footy for a long time. Returned when he was 23-24. Now 27 but missed a lot of development during that time playing basketball, then had to change body conditioning to adapt to the different requirements of AFL. I think he'd still have quite a bit of development left.

Agreed. A person does not stop learning or improving after they hit 25. :) We've seen that Madge has taken great strides this year and could very well continue to do so.

The point that he missed development during the typically formative years is valid. He might never reach his theoretical ceiling.

Decided in his teens to focus on basketball so was away from footy for a long time. Returned when he was 23-24. Now 27 but missed a lot of development during that time playing basketball, then had to change body conditioning to adapt to the different requirements of AFL. I think he'd still have quite a bit of development left.

Interesting, I thought by all reports he was travelling well? That's a shame because I think he is our most important player.

Bucks himself mentioned it in a presser last week that chances are Howe wont be cleared to play this year. He didn't rule it out completely, but it was clear that the club is pessimistic about his chances of returning for finals.

Bucks himself mentioned it in a presser last week that chances are Howe wont be cleared to play this year. He didn't rule it out completely, but it was clear that the club is pessimistic about his chances of returning for finals.

Ah that's real sad.

Been really impressed with Madge this year. I'd given up on him tbh; didn't think he was up to it but playing with confidence lately and looks like he belongs.

Seems to have a really cool head, is willing to take the game on when needed, his disposal has been neat and he's done ok defensively. Probably goes out for Howe (when he's fit next year) but he's earned another contract for next year for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back