News James Hird hired by the AFL-owned Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if James Hird has given his old mate, Shane Charters a call yet.

The Giants could use a little of his chemical performance-enhancing potions which Hirdy was so fond of during his playing and coaching days at Essendon

"Dr Ageless" was convicted of importing and trafficking anabolic steroids back in 2015, but his bikie connections would know where to get some.

img_4347-jpg.402406
Is that Trent Croad?

Is that Trent Croad?
One of the differences between Hird and Croad was that Croad never made a miraculous comeback from his career-threatening foot injury. His career was over. Cut down in his prime at the age of 28.

That must've been some amazing "dietary advice" that Hird received when he was sidelined for all that time. Amazing recovery from his foot injury. Everyone thought he was cooked, but he came back bigger and stronger and fitter than ever to win his Norm Smith and Anzac medals.

Superman hero stuff.

No wonder Hirdy was such a staunch proponent for sports science when he became Essendon coach and wouldn't listen to ol' Bruce Reid, the club physician, but chose instead to put all of his faith into a pair of US college-educated peptide pushers.

One of the differences between Hird and Croad was that Croad never made a miraculous comeback from his career-threatening foot injury. His career was over. Cut down in his prime at the age of 28.

That must've been some amazing "dietary advice" that Hird received when he was sidelined for all that time. Amazing recovery from his foot injury. Everyone thought he was cooked, but he came back bigger and stronger and fitter than ever to win his Norm Smith and Anzac medals.

Superman hero stuff.

No wonder Hirdy was such a staunch proponent for sports science when he became Essendon coach and wouldn't listen to ol' Bruce Reid, the club physician, but chose instead to put all of his faith into a pair of US college-educated peptide pushers.
Can you please point me in the direction of the magical performance enhancing drugs that fixed Hird's navicular injury?

Please also point the podiatrists of the world in the same direction, I'm pretty sure they've got some patients who could use your expertise.

Is Hirdy still priapic?

It was suggested the condituon was induced by certain supplements Stevie Dank was injecting into his body.

Though clearly it was and still is caused by thoughts of himself.

Can you please point me in the direction of the magical performance enhancing drugs that fixed Hird's navicular injury?

Please also point the podiatrists of the world in the same direction, I'm pretty sure they've got some patients who could use your expertise.
hird-charters-jpg.28352

"Hi James"

"Hi Shane. Fancy meeting you here! Got any dietary advice?"

Charters was one of Australia's biggest traffickers of steroids... He was convicted of that crime.
But I'm sure this had no bearing on their friendship, nor on their working relationship.

Just like when they "bumped into each other" on the Gold Coast when Coach Hird was looking to bulk up his players over the pre-season

Purely coincidental...

new%20kool%20aid%20man.jpg

Hi Beerfish !

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Misleading headline.

Don't the AFL own all club licences, other than Freo and WCE?
Nope.

Most of the clubs own their own licenses it's only non-vic expansion clubs that don't and clubs where the licence was handed back in to the AFL like the Sydney Swans. All the Victorian based clubs own their license. The WA licenses are owned by the WAFC. GWS, Gold Coast and Sydney Swans licences are owned by the AFL. Adelaide and Port Adelaide's license I think have been transferred back to the AFL (not sure if the AFL has officially transferred them to the clubs) but were owned by the SANFL originally. Brisbane Lions operate under the licence awarded to the Brisbane Bears (not sure if this was handed back to the AFL or remained with the club when it transitioned to member owned) because they legally are the Brisbane Bears they just licensed the Fitzroy IP assets and father-son rights.

Nope.

Most of the clubs own their own licenses it's only non-vic expansion clubs that don't and clubs where the licence was handed back in to the AFL like the Sydney Swans. All the Victorian based clubs own their license. The WA licenses are owned by the WAFC. GWS, Gold Coast and Sydney Swans licences are owned by the AFL. Adelaide and Port Adelaide's license I think have been transferred back to the AFL (not sure if the AFL has officially transferred them to the clubs) but were owned by the SANFL originally. Brisbane Lions operate under the licence awarded to the Brisbane Bears (not sure if this was handed back to the AFL or remained with the club when it transitioned to member owned) because they legally are the Brisbane Bears they just licensed the Fitzroy IP assets and father-son rights.
Fair enough.

Artie headline still attempting to be controversial with that line (unsurprising).

Some of you anti Hird crowd need not forget the current premiership coach who was well into "the Good Stuff" himself. Does the AFL, the media, supporters even care one iota??

Some of you anti Hird crowd need not forget the current premiership coach who was well into "the Good Stuff" himself. Does the AFL, the media, supporters even care one iota??
Well, he didn't inject 35 of his own players with PEDs, so at least he kept it to himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back