Jared Poulton Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

AAMI

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I came looking for this topic here but couldn't find it after watching the ABC's SANFL game between Norwood and Port on the weekend.

Jared Poulton retired after the Maggies were victorious over their arch-rival Norwood on the weekend.

Although not the most gifted player, he has been a great servant for the Magpies and the Power over the years. From a Crows fan who has always admired his work, well done.:thumbsu:

Cheers for starting the thread.

Jared was a great player for both the Power and the Maggies. Wish you the best in your future with whatever you do.

Great watching you being chaired off by the players and to see the closeness that you shared with your team mates.

Poults wasn't quite AFL standard, skills wise, IMO, yet deservedly managed to get a reasonable number of games by dint of his never die attitude. If he'd had even half the talent of some others who've played for our club or even a few still on our list, he'd have been a champion.

He's a great example to players just starting out, that aren't expected to be a Judd or Tredrea, that you bust your gut and you might not win a Brownlow, but you can still make a valuable contribution to a top side.

[youtube]3_SxCibUVWs[/youtube]

one of my favourite Poulton memories of all time..... he was a guy that wasn't exactly blessed with tremendous skills, but he played with such determination/heart that you could do nothing but admire him..... he would run through a brick wall for Port Adelaide ....

A fantastic loyal servant of Port Adelaide. Was always a favourite of mine and you knew he would always put in 100%. If it wasnt for a late season injury he may have played in the Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back