Free Agency Jarrod Brander - signs with GWS as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Oscar Allen doesn't have the physicality either.

If Oscar Allen is WCE's #1 KPF they are in trouble.

Tmac ceiling isn't bad at all. Would've been a 60 goal season in 2018 had he not been injured. Tmac's ceiling is borderline AA CHF.

Yes, you misread my post. I THOUGHT he had Tmacs ceiling, and since then it has plummeted to where a team should be happy to get 25 goals a year out of Brander as a third tall.

Im very sceptical that hed be an AFL level key defender, hasnt gone near the role since being drafted and even in his draft year he played majority as a forward, not sure hes big enough in the body to take the oppositions best forwards at senior level either which you really need to be able to do when you are 196cm.

Watch him sign at a club and train and play as a KPF and perform at a level expected of a first rd pick. Eagles coaching staff and list managers have really screwed up the last few years

Hopefully the club where the list is run by the bloke who drafted him at West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they could have drafted a WA boy Tim Kelly in 2017, but drafted this guy instead (and now have delisted him) then paid two first rounders and two seconds for Kelly.

On the plus side they did draft Oscar Allen that year.

Mate nothing has actually happened yet and you are claiming you were right and predicted the outcome.

Trade period hasn't even started. LOL.

When something actually happens THEN you can beat your chest, get on your soap box and tell everyone you were right.

In the mean time your standing on a soap box sounding like an idiot desperate for external validation.

Remember all the smug North posters and your coach thinking Gaff was moving to North as a FA? How did that end?
Just popped in to beat my chest, get on my soap box and tell you I was right.

So they could have drafted a WA boy Tim Kelly in 2017, but drafted this guy instead (and now have delisted him) then paid two first rounders and two seconds for Kelly.

And an All Australian in Liam Ryan.
Win some, lose some.. We just compounded our loss on the Brander pick a bit more by delisting him. Club gets zero future output from him now.
He has done some good things on the footy field, little of which was tough though (more clever work than hard)

Really disappointing - draft the best KPP prospect of the year & develop him as a mid.

Whether our development & list management choices were correct depends I guess on who picks him up next & how he performs.

Real sour we couldn't have manufactured some trade return out of this.

Thats the power of hindsight. As good as TK was he was never predicted to go even as high as your pick.

Zac Bailey was the player we should have got and the type of midfielder we are screaming for atm.

Just popped in to beat my chest, get on my soap box and tell you I was right.

Not unexpected. It takes a bit of class to wait a day or two before gloating.

As they say even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Feel like doubling down? Will another team pick him up?

Looks like a deal was done mid season elsewhere. Word from West is the club isnt too impressed with his manager.

Given Rawlings drafted him and North holding pick 1 in the psd why would they offer anything. Hawks also keen.

Anyway, we move on.

Surely Geelong think about it. Krueger out, Brander in?
I dont see the appeal for Geelong to be honest, would be behind Hawkins,Cameron,Ratugolea and probably even Rohan with the sort of role hed be looking to play as a forward, zero wing spots available and not convinced hes a good enough defence prospect to take games off a SDK/Draftee, needs to find a club low on forward depth for mine, could make it as the 2nd or 3rd option behind a strong key.

Yep, in breaking nwes clubs dont get every draft pick or trade right. WOW!

In a year or two people will be posting the same about Geelong giving up three 1st round picks for a 29 year old with dodgy hamstrings. What was Geelongs last top 10 pick? Cockatoo?

Not unexpected. It takes a bit of class to wait a day or two before gloating.

As they say even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Feel like doubling down? Will another team pick him up?

Looks like a deal was done mid season elsewhere. Word from West is the club isnt too impressed with his manager.

Given Rawlings drafted him and North holding pick 1 in the psd why would they offer anything. Hawks also keen.

Anyway, we move on.
Why does it look like a deal has been done? WC would have taken a token pick for him and it would have been done already.

I expect he'll get picked up as a DFA or rookie by someone. Hopefully not us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back