Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt in my mind that when him and Fabian were planning out his future together, the ability to get to port sooner, and not end up at Adelaide, was considered.
Imagine the audacity of an 18 year olds father helping him with his AFL career. What a shocking and evil twist to this whole saga

You didn’t really say anything of note. It’s not the gotcha that you think it is.

The Simp was saying it’s ok to 'take someone out’ in a game. I posted it because it’s an example of a player being KO’d, his namesake, with a careless footy collision that you lot had a massive sook about.

Now you’re celebratin your faux tough guys running a sweepstake to take out a 19yo because he didn’t want to be in their shiteful team.

Dude, you've got Bomber Clifford as your avatar.

Ok, so just to clarify, North, along with probably every other club, interviewed JHF prior to the draft, none of them uncovered personality traits to suggest he was 'immature' snd North take him at pick one.
Fast forward 12 months, he leaves a basketcase club who sacked their coach, again, have an inept medical team and with clouds hanging over their incoming coach, its now determined that the issue all along was JHF's immaturity, which from all reports seems to be fine now.

And none of that has anything to do with North who employed him during his year of supposed immaturity.

This is why North has been a basketcase and will likely continue to be a basketcase, you have to admit you have a big problem before you can begin to fix big problems.

Wilful misinterpretation of my post. Awesome.

Given Daicos and Darcy weren't available, JHF was far and away the best available. By a significant margin. Picking him at number 1 was a no-brainer. If we didn't, the next team would have.

Do you not understand that football clubs have recognised and dealt with immature 18 year olds before?

Look, I know some of you slower types just love to join a LOL Norf pile-on, but next time try to fit some logic into your argument.

Gotta admit this post made me cringe. Mediocrity abounding with ancient kick-a-vic vibes to boot yeesh.
It was a piss take, like this entire thread.
Having said that, I'd rather another few years of Ken than go through another Primus era on an unknown.

Wilful misinterpretation of my post. Awesome.

Given Daicos and Darcy weren't available, JHF was far and away the best available. By a significant margin. Picking him at number 1 was a no-brainer. If we didn't, the next team would have.

Do you not understand that football clubs have recognised and dealt with immature 18 year olds before?

Look, I know some of you slower types just love to join a LOL Norf pile-on, but next time try to fit some logic into your argument.
Thanks for your #1 draft pick though.

Imagine the audacity of an 18 year olds father helping him with his AFL career. What a shocking and evil twist to this whole saga
Not sure I said it was shocking or evil. It’s closer to manipulative and selfish - not a way I would choose to act nor someone I would want in business or football club.

I don't mind the rivalry underlying the old kick-a-vic attitude, but describing that post as mediocre is pretty generous of you.
Not the post the relatively comfortable acceptance of Ports mediocrity. Exactly the attitude that keeps Hinkley unchallenged inside the club.

kick-a-vic was more of a SoO SA Great fruchoc manufactured thing that applies more to Crows supporters.

Last edited:
North had a big trade offer from Adelaide though. I’ve said on various other threads that clubs should look to draft local talent more often than not and I’ve always used West Coast as an example, and they did it again in the last draft. They could have drafted Harry Sheezel or another top rated Victorian player but they decided to trade down and draft 2 WA players. North could have had 3 first round Victorian players that most likely would have stayed for the long term.

Horne-Francis and his family working to maximise his AFL journey is not manipulative or selfish
At the expense of a football club? If things don’t work at port, will he kick up a stink and ask for his contract to be terminated so he can take up a deal somewhere else?

Look, ultimately I’m happy he’s gone. He wasn’t good enough last year given the talent. His attitude was piss poor and I would be worried that a continued investment into him would yield no return.

Port have made a bold play and I hope for your sake it pays off. Unfortunately zebras don’t often change their stripes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this instance, those stripes have been painted on by North fans.
Once Port washes them off, we will likely reveal a racehorse underneath.
Clever post but we never doubted his talent - just his attitude.

North had a big trade offer from Adelaide though. I’ve said on various other threads that clubs should look to draft local talent more often than not and I’ve always used West Coast as an example, and they did it again in the last draft. They could have drafted Harry Sheezel or another top rated Victorian player but they decided to trade down and draft 2 WA players. North could have had 3 first round Victorian players that most likely would have stayed for the long term.

Yeah, wouldas and couldas are great, aren't they?

He is supposed to be a generational talent. The offer for our first ever no 1 selection wasn't attractive enough at the time.

Is there a single Port fan who is willing to admit that the JHF camp didn't handle the situation perfectly?

Do any of you have a single issue with a number 1 draft pick quitting on his team and then demanding a trade after less than 1 year?

I get that you want to put some blame on North but it shouldn't be all of the blame. There are definitely some red flags on the JHF side.

Is there a single Port fan who is willing to admit that the JHF camp didn't handle the situation perfectly?

Do any of you have a single issue with a number 1 draft pick quitting on his team and then demanding a trade after less than 1 year?

I get that you want to put some blame on North but it shouldn't be all of the blame. There are definitely some red flags on the JHF side.
Who exactly is the JHF camp? JHF decided he wanted out of north and wanted to go to Port, he got there - we're happy and you guys are pissy.
The end.

JHF decided he wanted out of north and wanted to go to Port, he got there - we're happy and you guys are pissy.
The end.
So, as a Port fan you have no issues and no concerns about how the last 12 months have played out? There are no red flags in mind regarding it all and the fact that Port have made a huge commitment to him?

So, as a Port fan you have no issues and no concerns about how the last 12 months have played out? There are no red flags in mind regarding it all and the fact that Port have made a huge commitment to him?
As close a father/son as you can get. In one of the most turbulent football environments in living memory. A generational talent that went number 1.
Nothing about this scenario is normal enough to create red flags. We may have to wait 5 years before we can look back with any sort of clarity.

It's his apparent attitude or personal problems that have been painted on him. No one here knows what really goes on.
Your head is in the sand if you think it has been painted on. Go back and watch his game against GWS, he was having a go at Goldstein as well as others - he is/was the only drafted player last year who acted like that. In fact, I can’t honestly recall any other player, ever, being drafted who acted like that.

My main concern was with the club the poor fella had been drafted to, he was only 18 so made some small errors that 18 yr olds can do - onwards and upwards.

Your head is in the sand if you think it has been painted on. Go back and watch his game against GWS, he was having a go at Goldstein as well as others - he is/was the only drafted player last year who acted like that. In fact, I can’t honestly recall any other player, ever, being drafted who acted like that.
Goldstein admitted after that happened that there was nothing in that and that happens 100 times a game.

JFH was the saviour you were going to build your club around, that we might as well drop the speculation because Clarko had convinced him to stay. A player in the mould of like of Buckley and Ablett Snr, someone who does things only the very best players have been able too. Right up until he requested a trade to Port Adelaide, at which point he became a cancer and your clubs biggest problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back