Autopsy JLT Community Series - Game 1, 2019: North Melbourne v St.Kilda (Opposition welcome)

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 42 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I saw JB's best games last year were on the wing/ playing as the 'spitter' off the back of a centre clearance. He was absolutely dominant v Essendon until dopey put him a forward pocket.

When he went forward he lost his mojo (and his ability to drop the ball accurately on his boot).

I really want to see JB up the ground as much as possible this season... he'll lead the league in goal assists if he plays out of the F50.

I don't like spitters. Filthy habit

:sweatdrops:

I don't like spitters. Filthy habit

:sweatdrops:
W2V6v7Asqgw9MkcAAJmRe4opxx_yW-VgAYiUWjC_mmByDLZOL0YFN_yzmX3u86XXQUc1PB9we7qfNgpbkwEmFfqz6RZsSJX5FPx0SIY=w458-h321-nc

I think the best teams with the best leaders have different gears and ways to play. Switching from possession to quick attack depending on the opposition and time of the game would be ideal but hard to implement, requires smart strong leaders.
Tend to agree! But looking at our list
We only have 1 gears and he is our captain with dodgy disposal!
Is good at switching from possession to quick attack though
Problem is it's the other teams quick attack! :tired:

After Billings got dropped he didn't have less than 20 disposals in any of those last 10 games, despite the fact I didn't feel like he was back to his very best, and averaged 24.6 disposals over that period, which is crazy-elite for someone who was lining up almost exclusively forward.

Just makes you wonder how good he'll be if he ever does really put it all together and really believe in himself and so-on.

I wonder what that is ARR. All out attack? A possession game? Flooding?
I think it's probably got to do with defensive structures (possibly all over the ground) and from memory it was after he said that that he gave Dunstan that really big wrap for what he did defensively in the game, so I'd say Luke did a good job of implementing it the way we want to.

I think it's probably got to do with defensive structures (possibly all over the ground) and from memory it was after he said that that he gave Dunstan that really big wrap for what he did defensively in the game, so I'd say Luke did a good job of implementing it the way we want to.
We played as a collective, defended and attacked as one. It wasn't just some individual brilliance, we used each others abilities to our strength.

Some players still need to work on their game, and we still do have flaws.

Like you mentioned our structure really did bring everyone together, which I felt was the opposite last season.

The talent on your list is a lot better than it's given credit.

If a few of the blokes who have just been bubbling along finally turn the corner then the Saints will trouble a lot of sides.

Last edited:

If a few of the blokes who have just been bubbling along finally turn the corner then the Saints will trouble a lot of sides.

I think it's going to be a year of unpredictable brilliance to lapses of intensity which could unravel game plans quickly but that's learning .
Excited for the brilliance bit 😊

That's it Snake_Baker is David King.

No way on gods green earth, two North fans would be complimentary to the Saints both on one day.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was Tom Campbell reported for his tackle that concussed Lewie Pierce?? Havent heard anything about it, they didn't dare mention it during the telecast.

There wasn't much in it, but he had the arm pinned and a player was concussed out of the game, that's been enough to get a week in years gone by.
Er... it was a Saint that got knocked out.
No case to answer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what that is ARR. All out attack? A possession game? Flooding?

I thought we used speedy ball movement to make it hard for the Roos to get much of the ball. I guess that is like a fast version of the Hawks keeping off game. We don't have the skills to do it slow so have to make it a frenetic version.

I thought we used speedy ball movement to make it hard for the Roos to get much of the ball. I guess that is like a fast version of the Hawks keeping off game. We don't have the skills to do it slow so have to make it a frenetic version.
Our game plan will be hybrid of hawks ball movement, tigers pressure and eagles 3 talls forward line...

It's funny you write that, but you've hit on pretty much the only way to beat the real "pressure" teams like Richmond - precise movement that's very quick as well (think how we demolished them in 2017).

We already have the quick part down pat... just not the precise. Teams like the Hawks are trying to work on the quick stuff... they have the precise down pat. The Eagles get the balance perfectly - quick long ball movement, not to a hot-spot but out in front of their big guys to advantage.

You never know in this comp, things can change rapidly and we might not be so far off.... You can be made to look stupid pretty quickly with big predictions about anything in the AFL.

The good judges knew. ;)

Back