Game Day JLT Game 2 v Ra Ra Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Since there wasn't a preview thread I'll have to put it here. A few thoughts arising from the first JLT game. Perhaps nn or another connected poster could pass it on to Brad for me. They won't have time to practice it but at least he'll be able to mention it in the pre-game ...

If the game plan is "kick long to contests", try kicking it to contests where we actually have numbers.

If you can see where your mate is going to kick the ball, try running to where he's going to kick it.

If half our inside 50s are long bombs to the spot 25 out with the intention of bringing it to ground at worst, don't let the defenders go up unopposed.

When handballing, try to get it at least waist-high to your teammate.

Apart from that, the most important thing is to have fun! Just for recreation's sake, to pass the time away.

Since there wasn't a preview thread I'll have to put it here. A few thoughts arising from the first JLT game. Perhaps nn or another connected poster could pass it on to Brad for me. They won't have time to practice it but at least he'll be able to mention it in the pre-game ...

If the game plan is "kick long to contests", try kicking it to contests where we actually have numbers.

If you can see where your mate is going to kick the ball, try running to where he's going to kick it.

If half our inside 50s are long bombs to the spot 25 out with the intention of bringing it to ground at worst, don't let the defenders go up unopposed.

When handballing, try to get it at least waist-high to your teammate.

Apart from that, the most important thing is to have fun! Just for recreation's sake, to pass the time away.

Good post.

I think it's just as important to load up kickers in defence kick out of the press in order to clear Richmond's forward pressure.

Over-possessing the ball in the back half plays in to their hands tactically.

Tom Murphy appears to have been picked for a reason. ;)

NORTH MELBOURNE

B: M.Williams, R.Tarrant, R.Clarke
HB: J.Macmillan, S.Thompson, S.Atley
C: B.Hartung, L.Davies-Uniacke, B.Jacobs
HF: M.Wood, J.Waite, J.Ziebell
F: T.Garner, B.Brown, K.Turner
Foll: T.Goldstein, S.Higgins, B.Cunnington

I/C: T.Dumont, M.Hibberd, N.Hrovat, T.Murphy, B.Preuss, J.Simpkin, E.Vickers-Willis, C.Zurhaar

Do our memberships still get us into this game?

Club Member Access

Once again, AFL and Club access members will have free general admission entry to those matches in which their Club is competing (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable). Some restrictions may apply for non-access members. To confirm your eligibility, please contact your club.
Or $10 for a reserved seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect LOTS of "witty" comments from drunken up and about Tigers fans re Dusty.

I hope Preuss spear tackles Dusty.

Good post.

I think it's just as important to load up kickers in defence kick out of the press in order to clear Richmond's forward pressure.

Over-possessing the ball in the back half plays in to their hands tactically.

Tom Murphy appears to have been picked for a reason. ;)
Are you actually suggesting that Brad Scott has a plan b. :stern look

Club Member Access

Once again, AFL and Club access members will have free general admission entry to those matches in which their Club is competing (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable). Some restrictions may apply for non-access members. To confirm your eligibility, please contact your club.
Or $10 for a reserved seat.

Thanks legend

How the * do I get the ticket on my phone? All good for the site saying I'm able to do it, wouldn't mind some instructions on how.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back