Preview JLT Round 1 - Gold Coast vs Western Bulldogs - Sunday March 3, 7:40pm in Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

A few of the players have been sick this week.
Could of been whatever Ben King had I’d say that’s why Brodie was not selected.

Not buying the he can’t run out games crap
brodie was used for a heap of promo for the match on the suns's Instagram, if there's ever a reason for him not playing game I'm going with sickness

If there is a bout of sickness going about.

Better for it to hit now, and not in Round 3.

FWIW, I actually think with Brodie, his fitness just isn't up to the required level. But I am happy to be proved wrong.

Team for Sunday

B: J.Joyce 38, R.Thompson 16, J.Harbrow 5
HB: J.Murdoch 31, S.Collins 25, C.Ballard 10
C: L.Weller 14, T.Miller 11, G.Horlin-Smith 33
HF: A.Sexton 6, P.Wright 30, J.Lukosius 41
F: I.Rankine 37, S.Lemmens 23, B.Ainsworth 9
Foll: J.Witts 28, D.Swallow 24, J.Martin 4
I/C W.Powell 27, J.Bowes 3, A.Miles, 2, B.Fiorini 8, C.Burgess 29, B.King 34, C.Ah Chee 13, D.MacPherson 44

Brodie might feel a little hard done by here given his face was used on the countdown every time I saw it.

Edit: read further into the thread

If you are attending the Gold Coast V Western Bulldogs game this weekend, please drop by the Q150 Tent & say G'day. We will have people there, including co-author, Murray Bird, who will be keen to show you the new Qld football history book, "More Of The Kangaroo".
At over 1000 pages of content, including chapters for the Mackay and Gold Coast competitions, there is something for every local football supporter.

20181213_135250.jpg

King is in.
Most interested in seeing him play since it seems like Luko and the Rank are both as advertised so far.

Fingers crossed Brodie had a leurgy and will be good to go next week.

Looked good at end of next year, and needs to get into the midfield soon.

JLT1 SQUAD:
FB: J. Joyce, R. Thompson, J. Harbrow
HB: J. Murdoch, S. Collins, C. Ballard
C: L. Weller, T. Miller, G. Horlin-Smith
HF: A. Sexton, P. Wright, J. Lukosius
FF: I. Rankine, S. Lemmens, B. Ainsworth
FOLL: J. Witts, D. Swallow, J. Martin
INT: W. Powell, J. Bowes, A. Miles, B. Fiorini, C. Burgess, B. King, C.Ah Chee, D. Macpherson.

EMG: J. Heron, A. Young, S. Day, J.Dawson

JLT1 SQUAD:
FB: J. Joyce, R. Thompson, J. Harbrow
HB: J. Murdoch, S. Collins, C. Ballard
C: L. Weller, T. Miller, G. Horlin-Smith
HF: A. Sexton, P. Wright, J. Lukosius
FF: I. Rankine, S. Lemmens, B. Ainsworth
FOLL: J. Witts, D. Swallow, J. Martin
INT: W. Powell, J. Bowes, A. Miles, B. Fiorini, C. Burgess, B. King, C.Ah Chee, D. Macpherson.

EMG: J. Heron, A. Young, S. Day, J.Dawson
That is a decent squad only missing Hanley and Hombsch I would look to slot in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King is in.
Most interested in seeing him play since it seems like Luko and the Rank are both as advertised so far.

Fingers crossed Brodie had a leurgy and will be good to go next week.

Looked good at end of next year, and needs to get into the midfield soon.

King better be good and committed to sticking around.

The talent in the few picks after him has been pretty special so far.

Zak Butters (my love child from last year and a Zac Merrett clone) was in the best couple for Port today, throw in Hately to team up with his SA brethren, and that Caldwell from GWS looks the goods as well.

Probably couldn't have traded down that pick to get 2 picks in the range to get those kids but that would have been something.

Zak Butters (my love child from last year and a Zac Merrett clone) was in the best couple for Port today, throw in Hately to team up with his SA brethren, and that Caldwell from GWS looks the goods as well.

Probably couldn't have traded down that pick to get 2 picks in the range to get those kids but that would have been something.

Caldwell was the one I wanted. Especially given the lack of class, depth and grunt through our midfield. Difficult decision for the club given how highly King was rated over the next best pre-draft. Do you pick on talent or needs? We lack talent and have needs everywhere. Looking forward to seeing Big Ben play. Wouldn’t mind seeing Dewey give him a run at both ends.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do I watch this game today? Any tricks I need to know? Not a Foxtel subscriber, but can boot up a VPN or whatever I need to to get it done.

Edit: *for free.

How do I watch this game today? Any tricks I need to know? Not a Foxtel subscriber, but can boot up a VPN or whatever I need to to get it done.

You could sign up for a FREE 14 day trial at KAYO. Then cancel after you don't need it before the 14 days are up.

Got a PS4 or Chromecast? Get a Foxtel Now free trial for 2 weeks then cancel it on the last day.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can also get it data free through your phone and the AFL app if you are a telstra provider
Kayo is awesome though.

Clark was very good too on Friday night.
Everything Caldwell did was first class.

If those boys were all behind our picks then I'm pretty excited to see our boys today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back