News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious as to where you heard that. Not saying you’re wrong but that’s not how I understood the process works

That’s the Sam Murray case. AFL announced the decision and there was a 21 day window for parties to lodge an appeal once the written reasons for the decision were provided

I’m not ruling out that there may have been some discussion between the tribunal and ASADA/SIA on a potential penalty but it’d be a departure from usual protocol for a decision to be handed down but not made public until the appeal period had ended

If Rioli knew, Nisbett knew.

Just thinking about it, maybe the August (as opposed to Sept) return date is the result of the behind the scenes negotiations.

E.g. AFL: We’re giving him 18 months
ASADA: That’s outrageous, we won’t agree to anything less than two years.
AFL: How about 21 months? We think he should get back this season.
ASADA: It’s gotta be two years min.
AFL: How about two years but backdated to the date of his test?
ASADA: Fine.

[end scene]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wanted to point out to everyone that I was right about everything on this from the start.

- I have always said that it would be argued on ground of intention
- That Willie would get between 18 months to 2 years
- That Nisbett already knew the outcome when he gave his interview to the West last week

This seems to indicate he can return to training 8 weeks before his return

If he can train at the club from June (which would involve match sims) he should definitely get selected at his first opportunity to play.

8 weeks is more than long enough time on the track and more than enough time to rebuild some chemistry. Willie is not a new player who needs to gel with a brand new team, he has played with 75% of our list for a few years.

Yes, imagine showing sympathy for a convicted drug cheat.

Was so simple - all that had to be done was search his history for the word "Crowley" and the retort is done.

Just wanted to point out to everyone that I was right about everything on this from the start.

- I have always said that it would be argued on ground of intention
- That Willie would get between 18 months to 2 years
- That Nisbett already knew the outcome when he gave his interview to the West last week
Your day, mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back