Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, at least not for me. It's not just because he's popular, although it'd be nice if he had more of a personal sense of responsibility. It's because Rogan himself has deliberately made his show into something other than a bunch of stoners talking nonsense.

He has brought experts (sometimes self proclaimed) and established commentators on to discuss their subject matter or favourite topics. He portrays them and gives them a platform, as credible sources. It gives his show a veneer of credibility to some.

If you're going to do that, without being willing or able to consistently challenge or question what you're hearing, then boo hoo you'll cop some criticism.

But let's not pretend all he does is talk about MMA, weed, comedy and wildlife encounters (I enjoy the latter tbh).

your more than welcome to question whatever you hear; it's called common sense. But asking someone to live up to something based on what you view as responsible and correct is frankly laughable.

What you think is right or wrong, is not the same as what others view it.

your more than welcome to question whatever you hear; it's called common sense. But asking someone to live up to something based on what you view as responsible and correct is frankly laughable.

What you think is right or wrong, is not the same as what others view it.
Well firstly, I'm not asking Rogan to do anything or trying to cancel him. I'm countering the idea that Rogan's show is just light entertainment that won't be taken too seriously by anyone, because Rogan himself has deliberately made that not to be the case.

You're quite happy to tell others what you think is OK and what is not according to your worldview, that's what I'm doing, that's what Rogan does etc.

The idea we should all just live in silos and not criticise anything outside of ourselves is the laughable thing. No-one does this. Rogan for sure doesn't, he passes judgement and criticises all the time.

This would be the main driver IMO. He's happy to give his opinions on politics, COVID etc but in his mind he's just like any bloke at the pub really saying what he reckons, in his detractor's minds he's got a massive audience and needs to be careful what he says blah blah
When a pot head, 50 year old retired kickboxer turned standup comedian gives opinion on something you really have to wonder why people take it so seriously. The onus is on them to lighten up IMO. He's not the nightly news or NY Post ffs, he's a moron who has his moron mates on to talk into microphones. Why the 'haters' get so worked up I'll never know. Don't listen? You've just solved your own problem and now you can be happier, until of course you look for the next round of outrage somewhere

When a pot head, 50 year old retired kickboxer turned standup comedian gives opinion on something you really have to wonder why people take it so seriously. The onus is on them to lighten up IMO. He's not the nightly news or NY Post ffs, he's a moron who has his moron mates on to talk into microphones. Why the 'haters' get so worked up I'll never know. Don't listen? You've just solved your own problem and now you can be happier, until of course you look for the next round of outrage somewhere
Yeah, if that's your selective view of what Rogan's show is about, and where any criticism must be coming from, I can see how you'd come to this conclusion.

Where people get shitty is that he gets experts on and he doesn't pull them up on apparent mistruths. As you said he's a pothead ex kickboxer so he probably doesn't feel qualified to pull them up so shock horror, lets them speak and lets the listener make up their own mind.

Yeah, if that's your selective view of what Rogan's show is about, and where any criticism must be coming from, I can see how you'd come to this conclusion.
the old ligthen up its just a joke crowd seem to be the most fragile to criticism though

like lighten up its just my opinion on someone you idolize

Gervais fans are the same

you say he's an unfunny racist old twat and they scream get a sense of humor and cry

the old ligthen up its just a joke crowd seem to be the most fragile to criticism though

like lighten up its just my opinion on someone you idolize

Gervais fans are the same

you say he's an unfunny racist old twat and they scream get a sense of humor and cry
Cry? Really

oh no burge13 disagrees with me

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t take him seriously but the issue is many see him as some sort of voice of reason, enlightened centrist.

With such a large audience I think it’s irresponsible to have wackos on there who make up BS and not pull them up on it. I know he does sometimes, but quite often he doesn’t. He also knows his fans are more of the libertarian/maga/antivax crowd so leans into it.

I don’t take him seriously but the issue is many see him as some sort of voice of reason, enlightened centrist.

With such a large audience I think it’s irresponsible to have wackos on there who make up BS and not pull them up on it. I know he does sometimes, but quite often he doesn’t. He also knows his fans are more of the libertarian/maga/antivax crowd so leans into it.
Do they, or are they like Pistol, Loper, and I telling you it's mostly morons talking into microphones, or an expert talking to a moron?

These podcasters really need to run their show ideas by you guys before it goes to air. Very irresponsible for you, Chief, Gralin etc to not give it some oversight as the arbiters of all truth/what's entertaining/thought police!!

ding ding ding

it's not a news broadcast, it is not presented as one nor does it claim to be one, he isn't a journalist and does not fall under any type of code of requirement, he is not required to get his script fact checked by an editing team before he talks. They get s**t wrong, Jamie usually picks it up. But like most conversations, s**t slips through. based on your posting id be 100% sure you have said some real clown like stuff with your mates around.

you are holding a bunch of stoners literally just having an unscripted opinion related chat it to a standard that it is not designed to be, and that is your issue and your issue alone.

Just because something is popular with others (you), doesn't mean it needs to be to the upmost scrutiny by some random person (you again) who doesn't like the content.

this whole "he's popular so he needs to be responsible to what i think is right" is just ridiculous, your view of what's responsible is largely your opinion. You act like you are some guardian of the moral code haha.

Just be real, you don't like him cause he's rich, famous and popular - people know who he is, you though? Like most lefties ( I guarantee you are one) you just want to cancel something.

press the X in the top right - that's why it's there!

Incorrect again. You are very good at being wrong.

I DGAF if he's rich, I DGAF if he's popular. I like plenty of rich, popular celebrities. I even listen to Rogan on occasion.

Refer to what Bloods86 has said above. That poster has articulated my thoughts on Rogan almost word for word.

The only thing that you got even remotely correct is that I am left leaning. Although what that has to do with the subject at hand is beyond me. But then again, it seems to be a trope that people like you throw around when you can't debate in good faith.

Insert last word below. I won't be responding to you in this thread again.

Can I ask the Rogan detractors what their thoughts are about his interviews with someone like Alex Jones? Let's say he brought him on next week for a pod as context.

I ask mainly because AJ is almost so cooked and memed on at this point that he's more of an entertainer than reliable information source nowadays. It's like seeing Wawrick Capper on footy shows... Wouldn't trust a word he said about anything but still found it funny as hell listening to others try and decipher the circus going on in his brain.

Always found those type of guests far more interesting than any self proclaimed experts or media commentators, scientists etc. Joey Diaz, Miley Cyrus, can't remember his mates name but believes the earth is flat and all the rest of it.

To me it's like watching an Episode of Mindhunters, I find the psychology of it fascinating but hilarious.

Can I ask the Rogan detractors what their thoughts are about his interviews with someone like Alex Jones? Let's say he brought him on next week for a pod as context.

I ask mainly because AJ is almost so cooked and memed on at this point that he's more of an entertainer than reliable information source nowadays. It's like seeing Wawrick Capper on footy shows... Wouldn't trust a word he said about anything but still found it funny as hell listening to others try and decipher the circus going on in his brain.

Always found those type of guests far more interesting than any self proclaimed experts or media commentators, scientists etc. Joey Diaz, Miley Cyrus, can't remember his mates name but believes the earth is flat and all the rest of it.

To me it's like watching an Episode of Mindhunters, I find the psychology of it fascinating but hilarious.
But what about the people that do treat Jones as a reliable news source, and then go and shoot up a Pizza restaurant, or harass the families of school shooting victims as a result of Jones getting a large platform to spruik his nonsense.

But what about the people that do treat Jones as a reliable news source, and then go and shoot up a Pizza restaurant, or harass the families of school shooting victims as a result of Jones getting a large platform to spruik his nonsense.
What about people that shoot/stab all non-believers of their religion? Is that the books fault or the person?

Not disagreeing with that, I reckon he's an outright wack job. But I still found his interviews with Joe top value entertainment and the memes that were birthed on the back of them.

You mean the guy who made horrendous false claims about murdered children and their families?

He should not get employment beyond, say, janitorial duties for the rest of his life, nor should anyone put him on their platform.

If it were me, I'd be thinking "Am I equipped to handle and challenge someone like Jones to back up what he's saying, or show why it can't be taken seriously?" If not, I probably wouldn't have him on, because many do and will take him seriously.

Some of the conspiracies that Jones perpetuates are mainstream Republican views nowadays anyway, or at least held by many politicians and media commentators.

Do they, or are they like Pistol, Loper, and I telling you it's mostly morons talking into microphones, or an expert talking to a moron?

These podcasters really need to run their show ideas by you guys before it goes to air. Very irresponsible for you, Chief, Gralin etc to not give it some oversight as the arbiters of all truth/what's entertaining/thought police!!

Well he can do what he likes and I can have an opinion of what he does.

That’s how this all works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back