Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

Remove this Banner Ad

If it were me, I'd be thinking "Am I equipped to handle and challenge someone like Jones to back up what he's saying, or show why it can't be taken seriously?" If not, I probably wouldn't have him on, because many do and will take him seriously.

Some of the conspiracies that Jones perpetuates are mainstream Republican views nowadays anyway, or at least held by many politicians and media commentators.
Yeah I think that's a valid pov. I just sit back and laugh at most of his stuff, a bit like that YouTuber who reckons Australia doesn't exist and that we're all paid actors too.

I'm not sure how anyone believes any of it but I did go to school with a few real cookers that have moved out to the hills to prepare for the New World Order take over so I guess they do exist 😂

What about people that shoot/stab all non-believers of their religion? Is that the books fault or the person?
It's both but the book enables/rationalises the bad behaviour. As does platforming Alex Jones.

I'm guessing you are of the opinion that guns don't kill people

Last edited:
Hahaha, yeah Rogan "Texas just went red, bitch!" definitely doesn't lean Republican. Joe "Biden isn't fit for being president after saying the thing that Trump actually said... and now that I know that, Trump is funny and misunderstood so who cares" Rogan hasn't shifted to the right at all.

Look, if you want to argue he isn't 100% on board with MAGA Christian nationalists, yes, that is true, but he's going to vote for Trump in 2024, mark my words.

He used to be for a UBI, now he's against it, now he's argued against social security, and so on. He's become much more "fiscally conservative" and "culture warrior" minded since his move to Texas and the big $$$, which is hilarious to me, because Republican governments have accumulated more debt than Democrats have and do these geniuses think it has nothing to do with the struggle many are experiencing now?

It's almost as if economic reforms take years to come into effect, that Trump was riding the Obama wave and Biden got handed the Trump disaster. But Trump gets a pass for covid and Biden doesn't?

Trump taxes were lower? Nope, they went back up in 2021 but rednecks will blame Biden for it, and they'll blame the Dems again when they keep going up over the next few years.

The Democrats do a piss poor job at debating and pointing out their strengths and the Republican weaknesses, though. See the likes of Destiny, Seder, Kulinski, TJ, and Pakman for how it's done.

amused game of thrones GIF

Incorrect again. You are very good at being wrong.

I DGAF if he's rich, I DGAF if he's popular. I like plenty of rich, popular celebrities. I even listen to Rogan on occasion.

Refer to what Bloods86 has said above. That poster has articulated my thoughts on Rogan almost word for word.

The only thing that you got even remotely correct is that I am left leaning. Although what that has to do with the subject at hand is beyond me. But then again, it seems to be a trope that people like you throw around when you can't debate in good faith.

Insert last word below. I won't be responding to you in this thread again.

rofl, i doubt its a "lean"

I for one actively share content where Rogan says stupid s**t in this thread to amuse our overlord!

I mean I give my opinion on Rogan and what I reckon he's about but it doesn't offend me that people hold a different view.
Well that's cool, and that's the great thing about Rogan fans isn't it? They are so super tolerant and open minded; they don't get upset when anyone says that trans women are women, or covid vaccines work, or Trump was a terrible economic manager, or Biden doesn't have dementia.

Their reaction is typically something like, "Well, we'll agree to disagree on that, mate." They really are the champions of free speech and open, civil discourse. You're definitely allowed to say to them that Alex Jones is a vile piece of s**t and they won't get upset with you. They understand where you're coming from and all that.

Can I ask the Rogan detractors what their thoughts are about his interviews with someone like Alex Jones? Let's say he brought him on next week for a pod as context.

I ask mainly because AJ is almost so cooked and memed on at this point that he's more of an entertainer than reliable information source nowadays. It's like seeing Wawrick Capper on footy shows... Wouldn't trust a word he said about anything but still found it funny as hell listening to others try and decipher the circus going on in his brain.

Always found those type of guests far more interesting than any self proclaimed experts or media commentators, scientists etc. Joey Diaz, Miley Cyrus, can't remember his mates name but believes the earth is flat and all the rest of it.

To me it's like watching an Episode of Mindhunters, I find the psychology of it fascinating but hilarious.
Not that I'd consider myself a detractor exactly, I'll always listen when he has someone I'm interested in on. The first few times Alex Jones was on I listened and laughed along, didn't think much of it. But I've kinda changed my mind the last few years - Jones is almost in a category all his own, absolute garbage human and one of the most obvious grifters you will ever come across. If you listen to his depositions in the Sandy Hook cases its pretty ****ed, the days on which he covered Sandy Hook crap saw big bumps in revenue and he was knowingly platforming and in some cases fundraising for absolute lunatics that he knew were lunatics, including one of the 'school safety experts' that did actually rock up at parents' homes.

There's a few hard lines, a willing public association with Jones/InfoWars would be one of them imo.

Worth noting that Rogan and Jones are still mates apparently, but Rogan doesn't have him on the pod any more. Probably tells you something when even Joe knows to stay away, at least publicly.

Last edited:
You mean the guy who made horrendous false claims about murdered children and their families?

He should not get employment beyond, say, janitorial duties for the rest of his life, nor should anyone put him on their platform.
Saw he was on Tucker a few weeks back, pretty average.

It's almost less of an issue if he was on Rogan, at least there he kinda lets it all hang out and gets pretty crazy. But Tucker was presenting a sanitised version (same as that doco on him last year was), framing him as a somewhat serious commentator. He's a pretty big factor I reckon in the mainstreaming of conspiracy theories and the utter nutcases that a good percentage of the GOP/US conservatives have become the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I'd consider myself a detractor exactly, I'll always listen when he has someone I'm interested in on. The first few times Alex Jones was on I listened and laughed along, didn't think much of it. But I've kinda changed my mind the last few years - Jones is almost in a category all his own, absolute garbage human and one of the most obvious grifters you will ever come across. If you listen to his depositions in the Sandy Hook cases its pretty ****ed, the days on which he covered Sandy Hook crap saw big bumps in revenue and he was knowingly platforming and in some cases fundraising for absolute lunatics that he knew were lunatics, including one of the 'school safety experts' that did actually rock up at parents' homes.

There's a few hard lines imo, a willing public association with Jones/InfoWars would be one of them imo.

Worth noting that Rogan and Jones are still mates apparently, but Rogan doesn't have him on the pod any more. Probably tells you something when even Joe knows to stay away, at least publicly.
Yeah, I can't deny Alex Jones has made me laugh harder than any standup comedian ever has, he's just that ridiculous and bombastic of a human being. But I don't want to be an enabler of his bullshit, I don't want to hand wave him away because he's "funny" and "entertaining." He's done so much damage to the social fabric of America, as has Trump, and there's nothing funny about that at all. The best thing that can happen would be that he takes massive losses in revenue and ratings, but that snake Elon Musk has brought him back to X so he won't be disappearing into the vacuum of irrelevancy anytime soon.

Yeah, I can't deny Alex Jones has made me laugh harder than any standup comedian ever has, he's just that ridiculous and bombastic of a human being. But I don't want to be an enabler of his bullshit, I don't want to hand wave him away because he's "funny" and "entertaining." He's done so much damage to the social fabric of America, as has Trump, and there's nothing funny about that at all. The best thing that can happen would be that he takes massive losses in revenue and ratings, but that snake Elon Musk has brought him back to X so he won't be disappearing into the vacuum of irrelevancy anytime soon.
Yep, he's kicked quite a few goals lately - the Tucker interview, getting back on twitter, the twitter spaces thing where he was chatting with Elon - where Musk uncritically ate up his flat-out lies about aspects of the Sandy Hook cases and how unfairly treated he was, of course :rolleyes:

Bit of a worry.

Can I ask the Rogan detractors what their thoughts are about his interviews with someone like Alex Jones? Let's say he brought him on next week for a pod as context.

I ask mainly because AJ is almost so cooked and memed on at this point that he's more of an entertainer than reliable information source nowadays. It's like seeing Wawrick Capper on footy shows... Wouldn't trust a word he said about anything but still found it funny as hell listening to others try and decipher the circus going on in his brain.

Always found those type of guests far more interesting than any self proclaimed experts or media commentators, scientists etc. Joey Diaz, Miley Cyrus, can't remember his mates name but believes the earth is flat and all the rest of it.

To me it's like watching an Episode of Mindhunters, I find the psychology of it fascinating but hilarious.

People like Alex Jones shouldn't be given a forum where they can spout their lies and hate-speech.

There's a few hard lines, a willing public association with Jones/InfoWars would be one of them imo.

Jones will be back on soon enough.

Well that's cool, and that's the great thing about Rogan fans isn't it? They are so super tolerant and open minded; they don't get upset when anyone says that trans women are women, or covid vaccines work, or Trump was a terrible economic manager, or Biden doesn't have dementia.

Their reaction is typically something like, "Well, we'll agree to disagree on that, mate." They really are the champions of free speech and open, civil discourse. You're definitely allowed to say to them that Alex Jones is a vile piece of s**t and they won't get upset with you. They understand where you're coming from and all that.

6da25050-db6a-45c6-86f3-beef7774f628_text.gif

Yeah I'm pretty similar, I haven't kept up to date with JRE for the last couple of years but I did watch the Sandy Hook depositions and thought it was pretty clear that he's a grifting turd. Couldn't even come up with decent excuses for his actions over those few days and seemed apparent the whole thing was just for a quick buck when he noticed the revenue spikes.

I don't know what he's up to now but if he was on Rogans pod again I'd definitely tune in though I find him a fair bit more repulsive these days than I did in his earlier appearances on JRE. Much like Trump though I think he's now far too controversial to go back on the Pod regardless of his friendship with Joe.

I did see when Mike Tyson and Alex Jones met. It wasn't particularly interesting, but Jones kept on saying how big this was gonna be and Mike's response was always, "Eh, who cares about the ratings." You could see what Jones was really all about then. And when the cameras went off after the Destiny debate they got the impression Alex doesn't even believe most of the stuff he says. I'd say he's dead set against abortion and gun control but who knows what the guy really believes. It just amazes me how anyone can take a man seriously that is intentionally lying.

I was kidding.

Conservatives hate liberals as much as liberals hate conservatives, there is no "tolerant" side, and it's foolish to expect people to be.

I still think there's a part of Rogan's fanbase that does have that, "can't we just get along and meet in the middle" Lex Fridman vibe, but then there's very much the ones who also like Tim Pool/Alex Jones/PBD/Daily Wire/Crowder/Tate and they are ******* hostile to opposing viewpoints much in the same way liberals can be very hostile to conservatives and other liberals, but all of this is understandable. That's just how people are when it comes to their "values" etc.

No doubt Rogan has become more conservative imo but I have no idea how much of his base he's taken with him. Seems like there's a lot of people on left-wing Reddit that watch Rogan and s**t on him in his own sub.

I just think he's a dope, like that time he got mad at a primatologist for denying the existence of a monkey he saw in a YouTube video that well, doesn't actually exist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back