Joel Wilkinson claims he was silenced by the AFL on racism

Remove this Banner Ad

I found it particularly interesting how you were praising Winner in another thread when he spoke up about racism yet call HL a 'sook'.

Why is it ok for one and not for another?

Double standards much?

Look at the characters of the 2 people winmar was actually racially abused at Vic Park in 1993 he put he's shirt up and then spent time to educate white people on why it hurt him not trying to get people sacked and divide the nation. H is sooking over a nickname he made up

Look at the characters of the 2 people winmar was actually racially abused at Vic Park in 1993 he put he's shirt up and then spent time to educate white people on why it hurt him not trying to get people sacked and divide the nation. H is sooking over a nickname he made up
If he feels he was racially vilified then he was.

That's not for you to decide as a fellow black man.

Okay I feel racially villified by you right now . See you have nothing else to add you sound like a child who can't get there way haha you and your woke clowns are a joke
So you think it's perfectly fine to decide on someone else's behalf whether they have a right to feel vilified or not?

Righto. How very Collingwood of you.

does lol make you smart?

I tell you what, tell us all how all black people refer themselves as, and maybe then i will explain what an ignorant prick you are.
I've known a lot of POC in my life and never once have I heard someone refer to themselves as 'us black people'. Now, maybe this guy is the exception, maybe I'm wrong or maybe he's just a troll account. I'm leaning heavily toward the latter considering the join date and posting history.

Nice grandstanding though.

I've known a lot of POC in my life and never once have I heard someone refer to themselves as 'us black people'. Now, maybe this guy is the exception, maybe I'm wrong or maybe he's just a troll account. I'm leaning heavily toward the latter considering the join date and posting history.

Nice grandstanding though.
Back peddling now mate, now it's maybe, before you were sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And your question was 'what's in it for him?' to which you got a pretty reasoned if completely rhetorical response.

You can't just apply Goodes' situation to Wilkinson's and expect them to fit perfectly. His credibility is under question because he's claiming racist behaviour led to his delisting, which is completely off the mark.

It's possible to listen to the guy while also accepting there's a fair bit of delusion in his assessment of the situation.
Why does there have to be something in it for him? Why does there always have to be some supposed motivation for a black football player to say he experienced racism? It’s just a garbage argument.

I’ve said he clearly has some delusions about his ability but I’ll still absolutely believe his claims about racism.

Is it really that hard to believe the Suns at that time had racist dickheads playing for them and the AFL who are notorious for covering s**t up had issues with Wilkinson? The Suns were a rabble with dickheads like Campbell Brown running around as leaders.

I don't think it's a good idea to tell people what they think, when the AFL told the public not to boo, it's racist, the boos got louder, IMO there are lot's who just don't like being told what they are thinking.
More like bogan footy fans don’t like Aboriginals drawing attention to Australia’s ugly history and feel personally insulted when someone like Goodes speaks up and wants to drive change.

Why does there have to be something in it for him? Why does there always have to be some supposed motivation for a black football player to say he experienced racism? It’s just a garbage argument.

I’ve said he clearly has some delusions about his ability but I’ll still absolutely believe his claims about racism.

Is it really that hard to believe the Suns at that time had racist dickheads playing for them and the AFL who are notorious for covering sh*t up had issues with Wilkinson? The Suns were a rabble with dickheads like Campbell Brown running around as leaders.
The biggest issue I think, which is conveniently ignored by the deniers, is that he had a 7 year non-disclosure agreement imposed on him.

That's the real issue here. A gag order on a victim is disgusting.

More like bogan footy fans don’t like Aboriginals drawing attention to Australia’s ugly history and feel personally insulted when someone like Goodes speaks up and wants to drive change.
I think the point flew straight over your head.

I am no arguing whether the booing was racist or not.

If you tell people what to do or how they should think, a lot of them will do the opposite.

A lot won't think of the hurt it causes.

Explain away how he couldn’t get a kick in the VFL then and lasted one year there
I don't get it, are you seriously arguing his experiences of racism should be discounted because he was s**t at footy?
One thing about most racists, they don't recognize their own racist attitudes.

The biggest issue I think, which is conveniently ignored by the deniers, is that he had a 7 year non-disclosure agreement imposed on him.

That's the real issue here. A gag order on a victim is disgusting.

A non disclosure “imposed” on him by his union which fully endorsed (and continues to afaik) the policy at the time, which he would’ve/should’ve been fully aware of at the time he signed his contract. It’s like saying Chief imposes a gag order every time he bans someone for breaking the forums rules.

Setting aside the fact that Sherman conducted a press conference possibly in breach of those protocols, what would Wilkinson (or any other player in that situation) gain by having a press conference to discuss the incident if the culprit has been found guilty and punished accordingly? JW having a press conference saying Sherman called him bad names and it made him feel bad doesn’t really do much for anybody, but JW (assuming sharing the same info at a press conference that he previously advised his employer, who then acted on it appropriately by all appearances, has some additional benefit to him).

But going even further and removing names and just looking at the NDA provisions of the anti racism protocol, whose interest would it actually serve to allow players to make those allegations in a public forum/speak about it after the fact in the media? Unless the victim has undeniable proof, and the statement stuck strictly to facts that the victim was able to prove with no further commentary by them on the person that made the comments, they would open themselves up to legal action from the person they would be alleging abused them. Why would the AFL/AFLPA want players potentially suing each other over this (and possibly drawing in other players to provide testimony around what was said etc), when they could keep it in house while still punishing the offender in a somewhat open and public manner? It is not hard to seeing that backfiring and making players less comfortable in making allegations of abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A non disclosure “imposed” on him by his union which fully endorsed (and continues to afaik) the policy at the time, which he would’ve/should’ve been fully aware of at the time he signed his contract. It’s like saying Chief imposes a gag order every time he bans someone for breaking the forums rules.

Setting aside the fact that Sherman conducted a press conference possibly in breach of those protocols, what would Wilkinson (or any other player in that situation) gain by having a press conference to discuss the incident if the culprit has been found guilty and punished accordingly? JW having a press conference saying Sherman called him bad names and it made him feel bad doesn’t really do much for anybody, but JW (assuming sharing the same info at a press conference that he previously advised his employer, who then acted on it appropriately by all appearances, has some additional benefit to him).

But going even further and removing names and just looking at the NDA provisions of the anti racism protocol, whose interest would it actually serve to allow players to make those allegations in a public forum/speak about it after the fact in the media? Unless the victim has undeniable proof, and the statement stuck strictly to facts that the victim was able to prove with no further commentary by them on the person that made the comments, they would open themselves up to legal action from the person they would be alleging abused them. Why would the AFL/AFLPA want players potentially suing each other over this (and possibly drawing in other players to provide testimony around what was said etc), when they could keep it in house while still punishing the offender in a somewhat open and public manner? It is not hard to seeing that backfiring and making players less comfortable in making allegations of abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's exactly the same as this:

AFL simply used it in their case for damage control

Remove this Banner Ad

Back