Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Janus' list of who will not be in our best 22 in three years time... including Berry, Pedlar and Cook. I guess those extensions today are a bit of a pity!
I especially liked how he included the players who would be in a top 4 team "anyday" what a laugh that was. Seems a lot of work to do and then the Dawson news hitted.

4yrs @ $500k v 5yrs @ $600k I believe
So we told Dawson we would pony up an extra year & $100K pa compared to what Port offered.

We couldn't lose... ;)

Last edited:

Seems right, we offered 5 years at $600K, Port Power offered $500K for 4 years and Sydney offered $500K for 5 years....beats the $550K they offered Motlop.
If Sydney offered that, we got a good deal

I don't know much about him (haven't sat down and watched a full Sydney match in years (I was working through our2021 game, and at a family function for our 2020 game))
But the incumbent deal is telling.
If they're willing to offer a long term deal, they know he's got the talent.
But the money is low. WOuldn't surprise me if that's got something to do with salary squeeze up there. They would pay more, but couldn't.

and as another poster said, front end the f*** out of the deal.
Saved money doesnt carry over. So get him the higher average, bring him in, then still have the money available in future years. It's exactly the type of things that clubs like Port Adelaide, Carlton and Essendon have done to ensure they always have money available to snag someone new (having said that, emulating those 3 clubs probably isn't something to be proud of)

Even if we did offer more , there’s no way that tredders or any other bottom feeder journo knows that the decision was solely about money. Dawson would not be saying that

I like Janus' list of who will not be in our best 22 in three years time... including Berry, Pedlar and Cook. I guess those extensions today are a bit of a pity!
FMD.

Janus is their version of Alex.

I didnt know he was still posting, it figures he popped up given Port made a prelim.

So we told Dawson we would pony up an extra year & $100K pa conpared to what Port offered.

We couldn't lose... ;)

Makes you wonder why he bothered meeting with Port at all. You’re not going to take an offer that much lower.

Also, I doubt Sydney’s offer was as high as Ports. If their salary cap problems are as extensive as is being reported.

e5d45eab567d9a84e7e61477fabb6f07.jpg

1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tredrea running with crows are paying $1 million dollars more over the contract. Bloke has no idea but whatever to make the Ferals feel better
Tredrea wouldn't know .....wouldn't know ADEL's or SYD's deal .....may have an inside word on Ports, and Port maybe summizing

He's now trying to undermine the Crows payment structure to players, by inflating Dawson's Contract value ....thus getting some Crows players off-side ......that's a well trodden negotiation tactic

Tredrea wouldn't know .....wouldn't know ADEL's or SYD's deal .....may have an inside word on Ports, and Port maybe summizing

He's now trying to undermine the Crows payment structure to players, by inflating Dawson's Contract value ....thus getting some Crows players off-side ......that's a well trodden negotiation tactic
Dawson should come out and say he took unders as he wanted to belong to real AFL Club and not a plastic franchise. :$

Tredrea running with crows are paying $1 million dollars more over the contract. Bloke has no idea but whatever to make the Ferals feel better
Of course he is running that line, needs to get back in the good books with Ken and co

How can the media go from no idea on what will be Dawson's decision then straight to what clubs have offered once he has made a decision

It's total BS

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port lose out on their "number one priority"

Nah, they never really wanted him as "they get all the players they want".

They've moved on to getting "a real big fish" now, someone much better than Dawson.

I look forward to him dominating showdowns and constantly hitting TT and Fog on the tit.

I wouldn't go that far, it certainly makes sense that we would seeing we have a lot of money to spend and no one to spend it on in the short term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back