Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the club not squeeze the truth out. Honestly when they were told by him they should have said "you walk out and come back in and tell the truth, we will look after you and believe whatever you say. If it's found out to be a lie you won't be playing this season"
Exactly

It's making me laugh seeing people question why the club allowed Bucks to take this story into his press conference without digging for the real truth.

Watch the press conference again. He is clearly asked how De Goey's injury occurred... he has to give the explanation he had at the time. But if you watch it back, knowing what we know now, you can tell that Bucks doesn't believe it for a second.

But he couldn't exactly say "not sure" now, could he?
Why was Buckley smirking and laughing about it then. Laughing it off, he's the coach.

Because it was awkward timing to be asked, given that's the only story he had at the time. Like I said, he couldn't really say "I'm not sure" or it would've been a lot more awkward.
Perhaps he could have just said "At the moment we are seeking more clarification of how Jordan injured his hand. I don't have enough detail to make a statement about it at the moment."

Why was Buckley smirking and laughing about it then. Laughing it off, he's the coach.
Because he wants to annoy people on big footy ;)

Perhaps he could have just said "At the moment we are seeking more clarification of how Jordan injured his hand. I don't have enough detail to make a statement about it at the moment."
At the time he didn't need to seek clarification because the player had told him to his face what had happened. Bucks gets it hard enough without a player putting him in such a terrible position.

At the time he didn't need to seek clarification because the player had told him to his face what had happened. Bucks gets it hard enough without a player putting him in such a terrible position.
I'm not blaming him.. he was put in a position he shouldn't have been and answered the question honestly. But perhaps given that he suspected the answer he was conveying was false; he should have stalled and said he needed more clarification before he could answer it. That would also be telling the truth and it would have avoided the lie mess which has been the really damaging part. Just a better way of handling it in retrospect.

I'm not blaming him.. he was put in a position he shouldn't have been and answered the question honestly. But perhaps given that he suspected the answer he was conveying was false; he should have stalled and said he needed more clarification before he could answer it. That would also be telling the truth and it would have avoided the lie mess which has been the really damaging part. Just a better way of handling it in retrospect.

A easier to say in hindsight. Wasn't to know that the story was a lie, as unbelievable as it may have been.

37 or 38 pages about the De Goey incident and still counting. I'll add to it too I guess :D

You'd think he's become a serial killer or stolen babies or something by the level of attention this has created. In saying that though, he did bring it all on himself. It's no one else's fault except his own. People on here trying to blame culture of the coach or the President or anyone else at the friggen club is just idiotic and need to pull their heads out of their arse!

A 21 year old made a stuff up which has happened forever and a day and will continue to do so. He made an error of judgement by lying to the club. Hard lesson for Jordy to learn but it is a lesson he shall learn or risk being banished from the club at season's end.

There doesn't have to be something wrong with the culture at the club or the trust in the coach for Jordy to not tell the truth. He just thought he could get away with lying and covering up the truth, stupidly I might add. He just simply lied and thought he could get away with it. Nothing more to see here.

Punishment is right because it's brought all this negative attention on the club and Bucks and of course it's completely unnecessary.

If Jordy had his time over again, I'm sure he would just tell it like it happened and face the music.

Now, bring on round 1 FFS! Lets talk about footy, enough of the bloody scandals!

Gave it some thought and it makes it worse any way I spin it.

1. Probability that he is still lying is high
2. Being stone cold sober and getting into a fight at a pub just points to a whole lot more serious issues with anger management and self control when you don't have the drinking excuse.

Is drugs a 3rd possibility?

37 or 38 pages about the De Goey incident and still counting. I'll add to it too I guess :D

You'd think he's become a serial killer or stolen babies or something by the level of attention this has created. In saying that though, he did bring it all on himself. It's no one else's fault except his own. People on here trying to blame culture of the coach or the President or anyone else at the friggen club is just idiotic and need to pull their heads out of their arse!

A 21 year old made a stuff up which has happened forever and a day and will continue to do so. He made an error of judgement by lying to the club. Hard lesson for Jordy to learn but it is a lesson he shall learn or risk being banished from the club at season's end.

There doesn't have to be something wrong with the culture at the club or the trust in the coach for Jordy to not tell the truth. He just thought he could get away with lying and covering up the truth, stupidly I might add. He just simply lied and thought he could get away with it. Nothing more to see here.

Punishment is right because it's brought all this negative attention on the club and Bucks and of course it's completely unnecessary.

If Jordy had his time over again, I'm sure he would just tell it like it happened and face the music.

Now, bring on round 1 FFS! Lets talk about footy, enough of the bloody scandals!

Agreed, with the attention this is getting you'd think a up and coming star player got blind drunk and got into a pub fight a week before the season starts !

Can't imagine that happening at our club though.

Problem with that is, let's say De Goey WAS telling the truth...if Bucks was then to say to the media he's not sure and seeking clarification, after De Goey had told him straight up to his face, he's basically telling De Goey he doesn't believe him...which would offend De Goey in this scenario.

No problem with Bucks trusting his player and backing him in.

Real lose-lose situation for Buckley and not his fault since he should never have been in that position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with that is, let's say De Goey WAS telling the truth...if Bucks was then to say to the media he's not sure and seeking clarification, after De Goey had told him straight up to his face, he's basically telling De Goey he doesn't believe him...which would offend De Goey in this scenario.

Real lose-lose situation for Buckley and not his fault since he should never have been in that position.
yeah.. fair point

Agree completely. The club is obliged to treat their players with respect and expect that respect back in return.

The club made no mistake in managing this situation. De goey has learnt a valuable life lesson just like Heath shaw did before him when he got sprung telling porkies.

Hmm hang on let me think about that last sentence....

I hope he was drinking having a good time. If he lied thats a mistake but im sure you have lied like just every has done in there life.

Im just not sure what you think he owes you??

When did I say he owes me anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back