Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we put an underperforming mid in the vfl. The vfl side can win a flag this year. The afl season was ruined weeks ago (if not the round 1 loss to Sydney).

Leave the vfl with the players that are working hard and well together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one could say that he had a good game yesterday, but watching it again last night I was impressed with the way he didn't drop his bundle. He was in the thick of it when we were trying to win the game back, winning some hard ball and laying off some slick handballs.

If JDG is physically struggling then I think he needs to be rested. But I'd say that he's simply learning how to play his best football at AFL level, that he's a developing footballer whose 'stagnation' is actually a natural and common part of what can be a steep learning curve, and that AFL football will give him the lessons he needs to become a better football in the near future.

Got to be the slowest mid in the comp. pace can't be taught. Jordan Deslowy.

He is looking very slow at the moment but I don't think he is bound to be a slow player forever. Last year with a lighter frame he didn't look nearly as slow and was catching up a lot to fast players when going for chase tackles. Earlier in this year in the nab and the first few rounds he still looked to have decent pace.

I think a lot of the so called 'second year blues' has to do with the heavy pre season and increase in training loads, and De Goey having played all games bar one for us this season is a typical example of a player struggling with this.

There's no arguing that he was bad yesterday but he was in our bottom 4 players for time spent on ground and even when he was on the ground he played as a forward with very few minutes as an inside mid (from my view at the ground all of Pendles, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom, Crisp and Wills got more time than him there). Considering we as a team over possess the ball in our D50 and all our forwards stay low on possessions it's not surprising to see him with little influence on the stat sheet.

If Broomhead or Phillips are ready we should drop him to the VFL and play him as a mid there (in Wills' VFL role) and hopefully he's still physically fresh enough to dominate in the position he plays best.

His role according to Ben Hart along with Greenwood was to "choke" the West Coast web.

WC love to guard space and then spread quickly.

Although I did think he was quiet.......the WC backline did not get off the chain.

So he may have done exactly what he was instructed to do yesterday.

Could be another Hine bust,but i'm not giving up on him yet,as he's still very young.At the moment though he looks more like a second round draft pick rather than a pick 5.

Could be another Hine bust,but i'm not giving up on him yet,as he's still very young.At the moment though he looks more like a second round draft pick rather than a pick 5.
Hmmm upload_2016-7-31_15-23-2.png
Has shown more than pretty much everyone after him except, Wright, Moore, Heeney (who was picked before him anyway) maybe Cockatoo, probably Lever. So yeah wouldn't really say he looks like a second rounder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm View attachment 271578
Has shown more than pretty much everyone after him except, Wright, Moore, Heeney (who was picked before him anyway) maybe Cockatoo, probably Lever. So yeah wouldn't really say he looks like a second rounder

Either that or all the first rounders look like second rounders... But if the second rounders look like third rounders and the third rounders look like fourth rounders.....

Maybe its in the eye of the beholder.

JDG will be a star, Needs 2 more preseasons, same with Aish. Come 2018 these guys together in the middle along with Adams and Grundy, this combo of players will be awesome centre square midfield. JDG form this year coincided with his stupid decision to get that leg tattoo the same week as round 1, WTF. I was also disappointed to Crocker join the party and get his leg tatt mid season. Can this s**t such as tatts, drinking, and drugs be strictly off season or better still wait till their career is finished at the pies.

JDG will be a star, Needs 2 more preseasons, same with Aish. Come 2018 these guys together in the middle along with Adams and Grundy, this combo of players will be awesome centre square midfield. JDG form this year coincided with his stupid decision to get that leg tattoo the same week as round 1, WTF. I was also disappointed to Crocker join the party and get his leg tatt mid season. Can this s**t such as tatts, drinking, and drugs be strictly off season or better still wait till their career is finished at the pies.
Have you noticed that Crocker has a tatt also on his left calf?

Fair dinkum we are the most unbelievably impatient club. At the start of the year everyone on hear was saying he was the best playing in the draft. He is a kid.

Aish is a good player now but 4 weeks ago everyone way saying he is a bust. I bet if he has a bad game this week everyone will be saying he is a bust again.

Adams in his 3rd season(first here) was in and out of the senior side and people where calling him a bust. He is now one of our most important players.

He has a ripping attitude and alot of talent. I am betting he will be a very good player for us. Just give him a bit of time.

Fair dinkum we are the most unbelievably impatient club. At the start of the year everyone on hear was saying he was the best playing in the draft. He is a kid.

Aish is a good player now but 4 weeks ago everyone way saying he is a bust. I bet if he has a bad game this week everyone will be saying he is a bust again.

Adams in his 3rd season(first here) was in and out of the senior side and people where calling him a bust. He is now one of our most important players.

He has a ripping attitude and alot of talent. I am betting he will be a very good player for us. Just give him a bit of time.

If people were rational and logical when talking about football BF wouldn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back