Traded Josh Bruce [traded to Western Bulldogs for #32 and #51]

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s worth a late first / early second (pick 15-20).

Without the Bulldogs throwing in a 3rd rounder it becomes too lopsided in their favour. If there was a market it would be pick 12 for Bruce & pick 20 (Saints second favs for 2020 wooden spoon).

Pick 12 + future 3rd for Bruce + future 2nd is about as close to fair as it will get. Logistically it looks like an easy trade & should get done early on in the trade period.

would dogs fans be happy with this?

Saints: 12,
Dogs: Bruce, future 3rd
I'd be content. I would best case scenario like to avoid using our first but I highly doubt we'd get away with that. Bruce and future 3rd seems pretty fair, with neither club getting ripped off

Without the Bulldogs throwing in a 3rd rounder it becomes too lopsided in their favour. If there was a market it would be pick 12 for Bruce & pick 20 (Saints second favs for 2020 wooden spoon).

Pick 12 + future 3rd for Bruce + future 2nd is about as close to fair as it will get. Logistically it looks like an easy trade & should get done early on in the trade period.
We have three 3rd rounders so would probably just use one of those instead of a future, especially since that way Saints know what they're getting. I'd be very happy with that trade, where I know we're not ripping you guys off, but aren't being ripped off ourselves either

I'd say we'd probably want to use next year's first and this years third because we have a pretty good NGA prospect coming through next year. I know that's probably but as appealing from your end.

I'd say we'd probably want to use next year's first and this years third because we have a pretty good NGA prospect coming through next year. I know that's probably but as appealing from your end.
I wouldn’t give up next years first at all. The way it’s trending is that Jamarra is looking like a top 5 pick. We will need that first otherwise it’s going to heavily compromise every other pick we have and possibly the next draft too.

No chance in hell we’ll give you our first pick. Well probs trade up into a high second rounder youll accept.

Bruce is contracted and whilst his value may not be 12, his value is definitely closer to 12 than 30 (ur next pick), i think the trade will involve ur first in some way unless u can attain an early twenties or late teens pick

Bruce is contracted and whilst his value may not be 12, his value is definitely closer to 12 than 30 (ur next pick), i think the trade will involve ur first in some way unless u can attain an early twenties or late teens pick

Which is precisely what we’ll be doing I would say (18-26 or so)

how do exactly do u plan on getting this pick?

Any number of ways to do that lol, do you think that is difficult?

Seriously we aren’t going to burn our first rounder on this. I think you’re aware of that. But we will give you fair value for him because we have to and there is no reason to burn a trading relationship by being difficult (our list manager isn’t dodoro)

ber of ways to do that lol, do you think that is difficult?

Seriously we aren’t going to burn our first rounder on this. I think you’re aware of that. But we will give you fair value for him because we have to and there is no reason to burn a trading relationship by being difficult
true, Just looked at ur draft picks, u have a number of picks between 40-50 so u should be able to upgrade those to a pick approx 20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. Future 3rd is a pretty useless add on. Might as well not even give it. Best suggestion I've seen here is:
Bruce for Williams and 41.
We'd be seriously laughing if we got Bruce for Williams and 41. Maybe if it was 2018 it would have been a fair deal (probably overs from our end even) but his value has tanked dramatically this year thanks to being in and out of the side. Williams has a massive ceiling, but has been too inconsistent this year to be valued at anything higher than an early 3rd rounder. More likely something like Pick 30 + Williams, and even then I think we're getting more than what Williams would otherwise be worth in an open market

We'd be seriously laughing if we got Bruce for Williams and 41. Maybe if it was 2018 it would have been a fair deal (probably overs from our end even) but his value has tanked dramatically this year thanks to being in and out of the side. Williams has a massive ceiling, but has been too inconsistent this year to be valued at anything higher than an early 3rd rounder. More likely something like Pick 30 + Williams, and even then I think we're getting more than what Williams would otherwise be worth in an open market
Why would StKilda trade our only experienced KPF for an underwhelming pick and a bit player?

Yeah I was responding to the 12 for Bruce and a future 3rd and whether dogs fans would be happy. Best offer from a saints fan I've seen was the Williams trade.

I think the whole "Saints have the power" thing is a bit overstated. If HE is the one wanting out (who knows the real story) then they'd risk losing him for a whole lot less in 12 months.

If pick 12 is involved something extra would be coming back maybe an upgrade of our second or thirds.

Can someone explain to me why St.Kilda are willing to trade him away? perplexing as the guys behind him are not as good (yet).
There's no evidence that they are. It's all conjecture until the club comes out and says it.

If they really are, they may think they're in a position to replace him sooner rather than later, or may think it's necessary to lose him as a means of getting the trade currency for other deals. No one really knows anything for sure right now

There's no evidence that they are. It's all conjecture until the club comes out and says it.

If they really are, they may think they're in a position to replace him sooner rather than later, or may think it's necessary to lose him as a means of getting the trade currency for other deals. No one really knows anything for sure right now

Im an Essendon supporter mate, I know how much conjecture people go with as fact

Can someone explain to me why St.Kilda are willing to trade him away? perplexing as the guys behind him are not as good (yet).
They appear to want play Marshall with another ruck (Ryder maybe) more forward, get games into Max King, very confident in Ben King next year. therefore see Bruce as maybe expendable and worth a decent amount at trade this year to get Hill and others done.

Not sure why we really don't rate Bruce, should be cheap and is a strong player for one of our weakest positions. Although I suspect we're looking to play Mihocek as roaming CHF and need a deep R/F as FF (Cox, Cameron etc)
We clearly have cap issues and he'd be too expensive which is why we aren't targeting him, although he'd fit us so well.

We clearly have cap issues and he'd be too expensive which is why we aren't targeting him, although he'd fit us so well.
What's he on? 600k?

Throw away Reid and Crocker + (Dunn + wells retire) - replace with Bruce and 3 rookies, will have spare cap too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back