Traded Josh Bruce [traded to Western Bulldogs for #32 and #51]

Remove this Banner Ad

What's he on? 600k?

Throw away Reid and Crocker + (Dunn + wells retire) - replace with Bruce and 3 rookies, will have spare cap too.

We lack currency and cap which could be better used on a Grundy extension. I don't want to trade away any future picks as we have Reef McInnes as a potential academy prospect and rated reasonably high and wouldn't mind trying to trade up next season.

Probably don't have the currency to acquire him since your first pick is 33 and I don't see Lethers agreeing to trade him if thats all we are getting back.
Wait are we really expecting Bruce to be traded for a 1st rounder??? surely not...

Does that mean Mihocek is worth a 1st round pick too? Won't he be a free FA pretty soon?

Wait are we really expecting Bruce to be traded for a 1st rounder??? surely not...

Does that mean Mihocek is worth a 1st round pick too? Won't he be a free FA pretty soon?

I'd say Mihoceck is worth a first but so is Bruce. He fills an immediate need and would be a great fit next to Mihoceck

I would expect something around pick 16-20 for him, not pick 33. Thats a big difference in pick value.

No, pretty sure he isnt a FA when he comes out of contract.

I would expect something around pick 16-20 for him, not pick 33. Thats a big difference in pick value.

No, pretty sure he isnt a FA when he comes out of contract.

Do any players interest you that could partner the second round pick that play for us.

Do any players interest you that could partner the second round pick that play for us.
I don't know your fringe players well enough to think of anyone, but I think picks would be preferred since we are targeting certain types of players from other clubs. We have enough B grade type players on our list, and really need to add some class, speed and foot skills but I don't see those types of players given away in a deal like this.

Nah. Future 3rd is a pretty useless add on. Might as well not even give it. Best suggestion I've seen here is:
Bruce for Williams and 41.
"future 3rd is pretty useless"
Here, have a 3rd and a crap player.

ahhahahahahha woof woof

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"future 3rd is pretty useless"
Here, have a 3rd and a crap player.

ahhahahahahha woof woof
Suggestion from a Saints fan. Read all the posts.

I think you need to fill your time more productivity. I mean, given it was only last week, I need to ask... Are you okay? If you're clinging to this for enjoyment I'm worried.

Suggestion from a Saints fan. Read all the posts.

I think you need to fill your time more productivity. I mean, given it was only last week, I need to ask... Are you okay? If you're clinging to this for enjoyment I'm worried.
Pfft, since when would one choose to fill their time more productively over talking crap with strangers over BigFooty. Kids these days...

This whole "we have his brother"thing is so farcial. It's in the same boat as the old "he supported us as a kid"argument.

Good luck to the Saints in there endeavours though
Someone asked why we are willing to trade Bruce, and he said Max King is the reason. No mention of his brother.

Trading Bruce probably offsets a lot of the improvement we're going to make next year. Hes also a fan favourite. That's not worth Pick 30.

Saints haven’t made finals since 2011. Your list is weak with no identifiable stars, you have a few good players and some serviceable players. You have to cut deep to get the top players, and that includes trading some B forwards, like a Bruce. Bruce will compliment. Naughton and Schache but he is not the answer on his own.

Saints fans. Would Scharenberg and a 2nd round pick get it done. I believe your defence is kind of weak and with Savage and Geary both getting older and uncertainties with Roberton, I believe he'd slot perfectly as a mid sized rebounding defender who can perform a few different roles. He does come with his injury concerns but has looked good when he has played.

Saints fans. Would Scharenberg and a 2nd round pick get it done. I believe your defence is kind of weak and with Savage and Geary both getting older and uncertainties with Roberton, I believe he'd slot perfectly as a mid sized rebounding defender who can perform a few different roles. He does come with his injury concerns but has looked good when he has played.
Collingwood aren't getting him.

Not really a high priority of position to fill. I presume we would rather get games into Coffield in that position who is younger and doesnt have injury concerns.

Bruce yes but other two pass you have a free hit in your needs so you should be super aggressive in a pursuit of a tough mid...

Errr, what?

They have too many 'tough' mids as it is. Dunks, Bont, Macrae, Hunter, Libba, B. Smith, Wallis, McLean, Jong, Lipinski and West will start floating through there next year...Dogs' midfield is only second to a full-fledged GWS midfield. Every one of the above, can play inside mid, with only Hunter, Wallis, Lipinski and McLean playing as wing/forward/half-forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back