• Thread starter Rumblah#16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rumblah#16

just confirmed by Chris Pelchin on AFL Trade Radio. Good news. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Trade to be worked out.

It'll be interesting to see how he goes. Would definitely be an upgrade on Peterson.

What will it cost us?

2nd Rnd pick?

Great News,but just don't pay over the odds for him.

Is Peterson going?

I hope we just give a 3rd round pick. Hill is a little inconsistent and I think they got him originally with Pick 50 or something.

Is Peterson going?

I hope we just give a 3rd round pick. Hill is a little inconsistent and I think they got him originally with Pick 50 or something.

In the 2006 AFL Draft he was selected in the 4th round, at number 61 overall. :thumbsu:

Would Hawthorn be willing to offer a second round pick? I think it's a fair price.

Hawthorn has a reputation for being stubborn and obstinate while we're generally pretty amicable and crafty traders, we've picked up Hall and Akermanis fairly cheap with minimum fuss and drama. We've also been willing to move players on who want out for fair, but not fantastic deals (Everitt, Ray, Birss, etc). I'm actually more interested in how the two clubs trade together than what deal is struck.

Will we need to use our third rounder to upgrade your fourth or will a second rounder suffice?

Would Hawthorn be willing to offer a second round pick? I think it's a fair price.

Hawthorn has a reputation for being stubborn and obstinate while we're generally pretty amicable and crafty traders, we've picked up Hall and Akermanis fairly cheap with minimum fuss and drama. We've also been willing to move players on who want out for fair, but not fantastic deals (Everitt, Ray, Birss, etc). I'm actually more interested in how the two clubs trade together than what deal is struck.

Will we need to use our third rounder to upgrade your fourth or will a second rounder suffice?

Do you really believe a 2nd rnd pick is a fair price for a guy who was a 4th rnd draft selection and is on the outer at your club? would not a 3rd rnd pick be fair? would that not give you wallis, liberatore and access to two kids in the 3rd rnd in what is a very deep draft? i would have thought 3rd rnd is fair compo... i mean, you just landed vezpremi as well...

Mmmm nice work, I think he could fit into a role nicely...I wonder what his pace and second efforts are like?

Will Laddo be part of the deal?

His pace is good, but it's his endurance where he is really elite-level. Scary-elite level. The thought of him running a defender into the ground at Subiaco is quite scary so in a way I'm glad he's staying in Melbourne.

His tackling has improved a lot and some of his second efforts are reasonable. But he hasn't earned a reputation for being lazy for nothing. Still, his goal smarts and aerial ability are absolute assets and he is contracted for 2011. It'd be a shame to see him go as Joshee is one of my favorites but he needs a fresh start and a chance to play as the third or fourth forward. Could be a nightmare to match up on next to Franklin but I'd prefer him floating around up the ground a bit further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen here Rookie, the first thing is an incorrect perception and secondly McGlynn and Kennedy ring any bells :rolleyes:

we are cunning, smart and crafty

His pace is good, but it's his endurance where he is really elite-level. Scary-elite level. The thought of him running a defender into the ground at Subiaco is quite scary so in a way I'm glad he's staying in Melbourne.

His tackling has improved a lot and some of his second efforts are reasonable. But he hasn't earned a reputation for being lazy for nothing. Still, his goal smarts and aerial ability are absolute assets and he is contracted for 2011. It'd be a shame to see him go as Joshee is one of my favorites but he needs a fresh start and a chance to play as the third or fourth forward. Could be a nightmare to match up on next to Franklin but I'd prefer him floating around up the ground a bit further.

Thanks Rookie, disregard my smart arse answers above :p :D

Mmmm nice work, I think he could fit into a role nicely...I wonder what his pace and second efforts are like?

Will Laddo be part of the deal?

Ok pace but not explosive quick and poor second efforts, major problem in his game but has good goal sense and very good overhead mark.

Given he's nominated us as his Club of choice, we really can't over-pay.

You can as he is contracted so if nothing suitable comes up (ie Pelchen tries to offload spuds like Dowler/Muston etc) he won't be traded. 2nd is prob too high so maybe an upgrade of our third to your second or maybe your third and a swap of 4ths would prob do it.

Personally don't rate him. Not a contested player thats for sure.
/quote]

I seem to recall him being a pretty good contested mark? Maybe be not a major ball winner off the ground, but if he's been brought in to fill the newly-created Hooper void he's probably a decent choice... assuming we don't pay too much...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1D_-65Q-PA[/YOUTUBE]

Bullshit.

Just because when tested some years back he had an elite level VO2 max doesn't mean he has elite level endurance. Sure in his make-up he could, but he has never worked hard enough to show results to rank him as having elite endurance.

Do you really believe a 2nd rnd pick is a fair price for a guy who was a 4th rnd draft selection and is on the outer at your club? would not a 3rd rnd pick be fair? would that not give you wallis, liberatore and access to two kids in the 3rd rnd in what is a very deep draft? i would have thought 3rd rnd is fair compo... i mean, you just landed vezpremi as well...

Hey, I'd be willing to upgrade your fourth rounder for a second rounder to even things up! If Hawthorn didn't have a reputation for driving a hard bargain I'd take the second rounder.

Listen here Rookie, the first thing is an incorrect perception and secondly McGlynn and Kennedy ring any bells :rolleyes:

Okay fair enough, I'll pay that.

Are you looking for a crumbing forward? I don't think Josh is the guy. Strikes me more as a HFF type who should be drifting up and down and using his large tank to full effect, getting to contests on the wing and taking aerial marks up the ground and inside 50. From what I'm reading, Hawthorn sounds like they're after someone to sit at the feet of Roughie and Buddy, and that'd really just waste Hill's best assets (tank and aerial ability). But put him on a HFF and let him roam and present up the ground and you'll have yourself a valuable player who'll probably get 40-50 goals as well.

I would think our third round pick is fair. If we go a second round pick, it would have to include an exchange of our 4th round for their third round. OR a straight swap for Ladson would be close to the mark too.

Bulldogs fans would think a second rounder is fair so if we meet in the middle with the 3rd / 4th swap everyone is happy right?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtUb14yKUsk[/YOUTUBE]

Perhaps we could utilize Hill on the HFF, and drop someone like Osborne/Lewis into the forward pocket. They both have good body strength around the crumbing contests, and good goal sense, with straight kicks.

Does Hill have the foot skills to play on the wing? The things that have earned him a bad reputation at the dogs don't have to follow him either, often players are reborn at new clubs, a change of scenery and culture can make all the difference.

Are you looking for a crumbing forward? I don't think Josh is the guy. Strikes me more as a HFF type who should be drifting up and down and using his large tank to full effect, getting to contests on the wing and taking aerial marks up the ground and inside 50. From what I'm reading, Hawthorn sounds like they're after someone to sit at the feet of Roughie and Buddy, and that'd really just waste Hill's best assets (tank and aerial ability). But put him on a HFF and let him roam and present up the ground and you'll have yourself a valuable player who'll probably get 40-50 goals as well.

IMO we need a High HF.. that can lead & take a good mark. He has good hands & decent endurance :thumbsu:

I dont expect him to be a crumbing forward but 30-40 goals would be fantastic return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back