Josh Kelly vs Zach Merrett

Who would you rather?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion data the blokes who take the stat have acknowledged this.

I really couldn't give a stuff what a bunch of bean counters think mate.

According to statistics all human beings have one ovary and one testicle.

The simple notion of giving the ball efficiently to a team mate, as a fundamental of good football, defies any possible attack. It is so fundamental as to defy any and all criticism..

The simple notion of giving the ball efficiently to a team mate, as a fundamental of good football, defies any possible attack. It is so fundamental as to defy any and all criticism..

I agree that giving the ball efficiently to a team mate is incredibly important.

Its just the way the stat is taken is flawed not the idea behind it.

Long kicks to a contest are considered effective, short kicks that hit the target but are dropped by the person taking the mark are considered ineffective

Leading average disposal efficiencies of the league;
- Fletcher Roberts 92%
- Lachie Plowman 89%
- Dylan Grimes 88%

And just so I'm not just cherry picking defenders;
- Brandon Ellis 82%
- Shane Mumford 82%
- Chris Masten 81%

Even Dustin Martin is operating at a low 62% but regarded as having a Brownlow season

So that probably highlights the significance and accuracy of disposal efficiency for you

Zach loves a cheap disposal to pad his stats. Nearly every time he receives the ball he looks for a cheap 1-2 when he could literally just keep running. Even Bombers supporters could not defend that.

Great fantasy player, not in the same league of the top mids in the game in terms of influencing a match...including Kelly.
This doesn't seem to gel with the guy that has been number 1 in metres gained all year.

Zach loves a cheap disposal to pad his stats. Nearly every time he receives the ball he looks for a cheap 1-2 when he could literally just keep running. Even Bombers supporters could not defend that.

Great fantasy player, not in the same league of the top mids in the game in terms of influencing a match...including Kelly.
Even though he is the number player in the league for kicks and the number 1 player in the league for metres gained. Yes sure sure

So you'll trust the bean counters when they create a statistical category and set out the parameters that define it, along with the recording and auditing of every single possession in every game to ensure uncompromised data, but when they are critical of their own stats you don't give a stuff what they think. That's ridiculous.

So you'll trust the bean counters when they create a statistical category and set out the parameters that define it, along with the recording and auditing of every single possession in every game to ensure uncompromised data, but when they are critical of their own stats you don't give a stuff what they think. That's ridiculous.

I think I clearly pointed out that I trust my own common sense and experience.

Did you vote for Merrett ahead of Kelly?

I think I clearly pointed out that I trust my own common sense and experience.

Did you vote for Merrett ahead of Kelly?

Well your first into the thread was laughing at someone by singling out the portion of their post which stated DE is worthless stat, so no you weren't very clear at all. I'll agree that it's not worthless, but as covered it is one of the more flawed metrics recorded and openly shared by CD.

As for the poll, I voted when it was first made last year when Merrett was clearly ahead, so yeah I voted for him. Who did you vote for back then? Given any thread with an Essendon player involved usually attracts you like flies on s**t it's surprising you've only reared your head now, where have you been?

Well your first into the thread was laughing at someone by singling out the portion of their post which stated DE is worthless stat, so no you weren't very clear at all. I'll agree that it's not worthless, but as covered it is one of the more flawed metrics recorded and openly shared by CD.

Yep, and i'm still laughing.

As for the poll, I voted when it was first made last year when Merrett was clearly ahead, so yeah I voted for him.

Would you change your vote now?

Who did you vote for back then?

I didn't vote back then and I rarely engage in absurd polls that are based on a players first 30 games. Such things are normally instigated by trolls or by persons to bring positive attention to a given player because they desperately need some positive reinforcement.

Given any thread with an Essendon player involved usually attracts you like flies on s**t it's surprising you've only reared your head now,

You are being ridiculous.

...where have you been?

Here and there. Please try to stay on topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back